Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    First of all, I usually only browse these forums while I am at work, as I have a job that allows me to do so. Second, reading a forum, news sites, educational sites etc helps me to develop my brain and become better educated. Playing a game doesn't do that, let alone playing over 7.5 hours per day for nine years.

I am not dogging the dude for playing that much, I just find it amazing and quite excessive even if it is part of what he does for a living.

Is it the right example to set for his kids / other kids / players? I don't think so. It sends the message, "its okay to sit and be sedentary for the majority of your life," and that example encourages kids to do the same or to think its okay to do so and use "its my hobby" as justification for it.

Again, your hobby could be to rob a bank, but does it mean that its okay to do and to set an example for others to do? No.
    Apparently your brain is not quite there yet, as you keep haunting these WOW fan forums with regular XXX commentaries every few days. This one just being the latest.

Ever thought that people who enjoy themselves have a happy life ?

From the posts you make (teasing), I don't think you are very happy or you wouldn't want to spoil the fun for others.

I probably have a couple of years on you and after playing for more than 40 years, guess what ? Games were a part of the best things I did. Epic sometimes as playing 3 months at 6 hours a day a board wargaming "War in the East" back in 1979 with 4000 pieces.

It "educated" me more than reading 20 books on Operation Barbarossa.

And my bank works for me these days, so, I have all the time in the world "to develop my brain" (sic).

I think it is time you start playing instead of spreading a cancerous mentality in a WOW fan forum. It is never too late to change. Start by playing, this should help already.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-25 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Apparently your brain is not quite there yet, as you keep haunting these WOW fan forums with regular XXX commentaries every few days. This one just being the latest.

Ever thought that people who enjoy themselves have a happy life ?

From the posts you make (teasing), I don't think you are very happy or you wouldn't want to spoil the fun for others.
    Substantial evidence suggests that being an avid gamer leads to depression.

Ill just leave this here:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...ssed-teenager/

You can find a blog about just about anything leading to depression.

I have about 720 days played on WoW in the past nine years and I finished highschool, graduated 6 years of college, began my career and bought my first home while doing so. I feel comfortably fulfilled in my life, thanks.

Deleted
    7.5 isnt that much really, try 14 hours.

congratulations on wasting at least 900 days of your life

I have almost 400 days played. Now granted, I worked from home as a telemarketer for a year, during which time I would play wow with the sound off for the full 8 hour work day because I had my telemarketing script memorized and could rattle it off without thinking, but still 400 days is a long time. In spite of the huge amount of WoW I have played, I have managed to get married, hold down a job, finish most of my Master's degree (still working on it), and still find time to go out with my IRL friends, so I think all the "you have no life" hate against people who have high /played time is unfounded. Live and let live.

Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    congratulations on wasting at least 900 days of your life
    Only a waste if he didn't enjoy it.
    The Sons of Turalyon - Wyrmrest Accord www.thesons.us

Deleted
    Besides the obvious addiction, it's also quite unhealthy both physically and mentally.

Why do people consider going out "having a life"? For all I know, everyone on this world has a life. Maybe you just got the definition of life wrong... or you're just stupid. I'd bet on the latter. You really love your attention, even if in negative light, don't you?

While the average human has a lifespan of 25-28 thousands days, a thousand of it spent on video games doesn't really seem like much to me. The whole idea of "you play video games so you have no life" is silly.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2014-08-25 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    8 hours sleep, 8 hours work, 7.5 hours WoW.
    The missing .5 is when there's server manteinance.
    Also, does 7.5 mean 7.50, or 7.30?

10+ Year Old Account
    7.5 is 7 and a half.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that sitting in a chair, playing a computer game for hours on end is not wise for your health and social status. Having examples who stream like this for our children dont lead to a productive society. I just cant believe anyone has 1000+ days played. My jaw dropped.
    Yes it's a perfect example of someone being OCD. But...there are far worse things this person could be obsessed over than World of Warcraft.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I knew a R14 on my original server who had 400 days shortly before the removal of PvP titles (original ones).

And if it concerns you that people who game excessively or do any sort of hobby excessively, for that matter, then go out and be constructive with your concern; reach out to these people and build a network to get them out of it rather than pester and rile them up on the internet all day.

15+ Year Old Account

Nope. But MMO's are seductive to those who have a history of mental illness whether it's depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, attention deficit, etc. It's the nature of the game design that provides a euphoria and place to feel like part of something you aren't in real life.

Games do not cause depression. Games do however improve hand eye coordination and critical thinking skills. This has been proven in multiple studies.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    oh look JayLOCKED is back....
    the played time is allways and allways will be fake cause it doesnt state how many of that time youve been afk....