Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i managed to somehow nail down over 2000 hours on skyrim while maintaining a somewhat stable relationship and going out with friends, so it's possible to game hard while doing life shit too. it's just hard on your brain due to sleep loss.

I have around 730 days played over the past 9 years and I finished highschool, went through college, began my career and bought my home all while playing WoW. It's not quite 1000 days played but you really can play a lot of video games and lead a relatively successful and fulfilling life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got like near 200 days played since 3-4 years.
    But most of the time i dont do anything big, just hang and be social to people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

No life. Of course theres a lot of people here in the same situation so they will defend it. Point is, people who play that much have no life P.E.R.I.O.D.

I got about 200 days played with all my characters, started playing 08, that isnt even bad compared to a lot of wow players, and tbh im ashamed of having wasted 200 days of my life seating infront of a computer doing nothing productive. I will keep doing it, but at least i accept that it isnt getting me anywhere, its time wasted, nothing more than that.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2014-08-22 at 09:51 PM.

If you were a couch potato who watched TV or videos all day long, then WoW is a step up.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Even so, its not productive, and that kind of example for our children is not a good one to set. Wouldn't you rather have your children be productive, contributing members of society, instead of couch potatoes playing video games?

- - - Updated - - -

Especially over 9 years.
    You're not saying it directly, but hope you realize you're casting an awfully large net there.

But then again, you're Jaylock, you know quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    No life. Of course theres a lot of people here in the same situation so they will defend it. Point is, people who play that much have no life P.E.R.I.O.D.

I got about 200 days played with all my characters, started playing 08, that isnt even bad compared to a lot of wow players, and tbh im ashamed of having wasted 200 days of my life seating infront of a computer doing nothing productive. I will keep doing it, but at least i accept that it isnt getting me anywhere, its time wasted, nothing more than that.
    I'm afraid you need professional help, since you are doing something you're not enjoying - you even know it's time wasted. Why on earth would you play, if you don't enjoy it? Seek help.

As long as people enjoy doing it, it's not wasted time. People (immature ones) needs to learn this at some point. I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You're not saying it directly, but hope you realize you're casting an awfully large net there.

But then again, you're Jaylock, you know quite well.
    I may not understand what you mean by "casting an awfully large net." are you saying im insulting people? Because im not trying to.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a waste of time. TV is a waste of time. Going to the movies is a waste of time. Browsing and posting in MMO-Champ is a waste of time. We all waste tons of time jerking around, but the fact is that there are things that are productive and things that are not. WoW is not a productive "hobby", not even remotely. So, basically, what I think the argument boils down to is how much wasted time spent with it is acceptable and how does that impact the rest of your life?

Or we can all just opt to not give the situation any consideration and go, "It's their life, who are you to judge?" It's a convenient excuse to not think or maybe just a way of defending one's own hobby. But it's all cool, man, because anything and everything goes. I'm an open-minded person at peace with all of it. Let's all get baked around a campfire and play guitar and sing Kumbaya.
    Look! Words!

7+ Year Old Account
    What ever people do with there time is none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post

Spending time on something you enjoy doing is not wasted time. No matter what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    If you were a couch potato who watched TV or videos all day long, then WoW is a step up.
    Or posting on a WoW forum constantly negative opinions about the game, playing it is actually 2 steps up for the OP.

As long as everyone realises he/she only has around 3500 weeks in the entire life available ...

As before your 10 anniversary and after your 77th it is not exactly in full control anymore...IF you have the luck to live this long...

Although playing WoW beats a LOT of other leisure time I had in my life. Looking back I can't see much that competes with it in a video gaming kind of thing.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-22 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm afraid you need professional help, since you are doing something you're not enjoying - you even know it's time wasted. Why on earth would you play, if you don't enjoy it? Seek help.

As long as people enjoy doing it, it's not wasted time. People (immature ones) needs to learn this at some point. I hope.
    Someone can enjoy killing harmless defenseless animals, so if they enjoy doing it, its not wasted time / counterproductive / very cruel?

Doing something a lot doesn't mean you have no life. In fact, it is the exact opposite. To be able to spend that much time doing something you enjoy is lucky, not everyone gets that option.

The only time it would be a "bad" thing is if it was preventing the person from doing something else important. If it isn't interfering than there really is no issue. Like, I said, In some ways that is a gift to be able to have that much time for enjoyment.

But if you think that is "bad", you should check out how much of your life you spend asleep. That you could consider to "= no life".
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2014-08-22 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

No i dont need any help, you are just trying to turn this around. I enjoy it, which is the reason i do it, however i wont go against reality and make excuses to justify the time im wasting playing video games. You need help if you think time spent playing video games is not time wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would depend on how you define waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am AFK most of the time I'm logged in or doing other stuff like studying

Does no one see the hypocrisy in someone who spends hours a day trying to get a rise out of people on a gaming forum accusing another person of having no life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Does no one see the hypocrisy in someone who spends hours a day trying to get a rise out of people on a gaming forum accusing another person of having no life?
    Figured I covered this in post #15

More than likely a guy that bots a lot.