Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god I'm so glad I introduced you folks to this game. Even makes this thread fun to read ^_^ I'm currently tormenting my coworkers with this game, too. One even called me a sadistic son of a bitch yesterday =O

Why would this place even need a security guard if the animatronics can kill the burglars for them ?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why would this place even need a security guard if the animatronics can kill the burglars for them ?
    The guard is used as a bait to keep them inside.

Without the guard they will break out and go on a rampage OUTSIDE of the place. He is live bait, hence why he is given limited power. If he was able to just lock his doors the whole night, they wouldn't bother with him.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I gotta be honest, I sincerely hate jumpscares so I didn't like this game at first, I always get that initial shock and then get angry because it's such a cheap reactionary scare (my parents run a haunted house during Halloween, I'm a bit elitist when it comes to horror)

That said, about night four things get good, I love how they start rotoscoping their heads, that's some good ambient horror traits. It's also really fun when you see Foxy charging right you from the hallway because it's less of a jump scare and more of an "oh crap"

Also, I watched a let's player called SuperJeenius who did this game on his twitch stream, it was hilarious because it didn't affect him AT ALL, the first jump scare game over he got he just kind of stared at it and went "Is that supposed to be scary?" Meanwhile the chat was having a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    That said, about night four things get good, I love how they start rotoscoping their heads, that's some good ambient horror traits. It's also really fun when you see Foxy charging right you from the hallway because it's less of a jump scare and more of an "oh crap"
    Foxy, IMAO, along with Freddy himself, are the two most interesting of the 5 bosses. When you see that Foxy's gone, switch to the hallway, and see him running, you go "OMG! I'm not going to be able to close the door in time! I can't stop staring!" I have seen though, that it is, in fact, possible (albeit incredibly difficult) to see Foxy running down the hall, put down the camera, move the mouse to the button, and close the door in time. Possible, but insane.

I like how Freddy doesn't immediately kill you; instead he stares at you through the door playing the music box. Then he kills you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting game. Shows how different horror games can be, and I also like the fact that it can be effective even with basically no graphics or even much of a game engine.

It's a weird kind of "bored tension", half the time I'm sitting around bored, because I don't want to waste power by looking at the cameras if I've got a door closed anyhow because one of the guys was wandering around near me. Not being able to pause the game is fucking dumb, though, because it means I can't get up to go take a piss without closing the game. Hopefully continuing starts right where you left off, instead of restarting the most recent night. Would be nice to be able to select a resolution correct for my display, too, so things don't look all kinds of weird.

That said, it does wear thin pretty quickly, which shows the weakness of jump scares as a primary form of activity. I haven't gotten to the point where there's no longer tension, but I don't typically jump very much anymore. But for $5... what're you expecting? $5 was a hell of a deal for this game and I'm happy to give it to the guy that made it; he done good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    ...Maybe becausw 1. you signed a work contract and your are dumb enough to risk being stuffed into a costume over prosectuion; 2. Your wikling to risk your life for $120/week; or 3. your an undercver agent sent by an incredibly ignorant federal organization to gather up evidence against the resturant.
    Why not just hide in a bathroom stall or something? Or go to a room and lock and barricade the door or some shit?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I watched this game the first day Markiplier played it ... scared the shit outta me ... been hooked on it ever sense. While I won't play it myself (I like not having heart attacks.) Ill watch others play it. Though, I did just buy it on my Android for $2.99 ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Oh my god I'm so glad I introduced you folks to this game. Even makes this thread fun to read ^_^ I'm currently tormenting my coworkers with this game, too. One even called me a sadistic son of a bitch yesterday =O
    =D I'm doing that with my closest friends, one asked me today "Why do you do this to the ones you love?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What I dont understand is

why the hell DO YOU GO BACK TO WORK THE NEXT DAY FOR DAY 2. I WOULD QUIT AFTER NIGHT 1!
    That's your only issue with it?

It looks like a pretty interesting game. I'm rather fond of the horror genre so I'll be checking it out when I next have a bit more free time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game that uses the oldest cheapest trick in the book, shock tactics, to get a scare out of the players. And it works surprisingly well.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The guard is used as a bait to keep them inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Without the guard they will break out and go on a rampage OUTSIDE of the place. He is live bait, hence why he is given limited power. If he was able to just lock his doors the whole night, they wouldn't bother with him.
    Thats what I thought. So the owner of Freddy's already knows that he has killer animatronics who wake up at night, and hires people to distract them. But why not simply destroy them during the day? Maybe they've already tried but they keep coming back or something.

Are there any horror movies with animatronics who are killing people? I've gotten pretty itnerested in them now :P

I know it is probably fake, but KSI did it too. And him playing scary games is just too much fun for me. Fake or not.

10+ Year Old Account

Are there any horror movies with animatronics who are killing people? I've gotten pretty itnerested in them now :P
    First terminator comes to mind, plus it has the bonus of a naked arnie at the start.
    #boycottchina

Anyone else get reminded of that old goosebumps game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWEqm8EYWRU