Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Most people already have cell phones
    You mean smartphones.

Try and use a little common sense. You think a criminal is going to see you taking out your phone, hold it up to record him and he's going to smile for the camera? Get a clue, troll. He'll steal it and maybe assault you for good measure.

You need something smaller and inconspicuous that is constantly recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Could you at least make a passing attempt to conceal the racism?
    Could you make an attempt to conceal your trolling, stupidity and anti-white racism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I have never once heard a cop say those would be a bad idea. Many in my area have been asking for them for a long time (to help combat false complaints and the like). The main issue is funding people can't bitch to lower taxes then wonder why the state has no money to provide every police officer with a camera.
    There's no doubt it would help the police more than anything, as they have evidence to disprove a majority of the false complaints against them.

Problem is, the criminals and their enablers will complain about that too. Look what happened when they released video footage of Michael Brown stealing and assaulting the store clerk. Suddenly the "unarmed teen," the "gentle giant," the "college-bound, respectful guy" was shown to be a criminal punk... and they said it was so wrong to show that. They don't want you to see the truth, they don't like any evidence that contradicts their victimhood narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Could you make an attempt to conceal your trolling, stupidity and anti-white racism?
    Get called out after insinuating everyone who isn't white is "third world" then turn around and attack someone else for "trolling" and "stupidity." Ahhh... Pot meets kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I can't wait for this to be a reality. Less cops pulling guns and more cops pulling tasers or pepper spray.
    Or staying in their car and not even bothering.

Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    Get called out after insinuating everyone who isn't white is "third world" then turn around and attack someone else for "trolling" and "stupidity." Ahhh... Pot meets kettle.
    Another stupid troll with a fallacious straw-man argument.

Nothing you said makes any sense.

I said no such thing. East Asians are not white and not Third World. Putting it in quotes is stupid. Third World people are from the Third World, that's the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Or staying in their car and not even bothering.
    That would be dereliction of duty and endangering others. That would get the officer fired and possibly prosecuted.

Cops are trained to use their weapons properly. You don't pull out tasers or pepper spray when someone has a knife, tries to take your gun or is a threat to your life or others lives, that is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Everyone here should remember that no, the footage wouldn't be uploaded to some cloud server where everyone could see it. Obviously not. That's not required. The footage should be there, though, to be accessible by the justice system and public when something happens where we need to see that footage.

Think of the dash cam. This would be a dash cam for the officer.
    Agreed, though I do think they should be uploaded to a 3rd-party Off-site server that your local police have strict "Read Only" access to in an attempt to avoid such issues like the ones mentioned before with the "Lost Evidence" or whatever.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    That would be dereliction of duty and endangering others. That would get the officer fired and possibly prosecuted.
    Police have no obligation to protect the public according to Supreme Court rulings. Just go back to trolling and insulting others instead of trying to spread lies.

Yeah it may help, but its kinda like an invasion of privacy at the same time. Even if the officer is on duty. Imagine yourself being at work with a cam and mic attached to you. What do most ppl do while working? Talk to friends or coworkers. Not anymore cuz you got a damn camera and mic stuck to you anything non work related will be scrutinized. Of course it would make the employer happy but it sometimes helps get you through those long hours. Also, police officers use their own discretion when issues traffic tickets. Alot more ppl than you think are let off with warnings or not even pulled over depending on the situation and how the officer is feeling that particular day. I've never been that lucky but it happens alot. Seems like everyone i know can get out of a speeding or seat belt ticket but me. I've pulled in to autozone, went in, bought what i had come for, and had a police officer waiting at my car when i got out because i didnt have my seat belt on b4 i got there. If a cop is behind on his quota for the month he's gonna pull everyone he sees. With the cams there would be no such thing as police discretion. No matter what the situation if your doing something against the law, somethin as small as not using a turn signal, he has to pull you because he has someone watching his every move. Every single thing he/she does has to be by the book word for word. It's one of those things that sound good on paper but sucks in reality, alot like being able to move your garrison.

to the people claiming invasion of privacy. being filmed in a public place where you have no expectation of privacy is not an invasion of privacy. .
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

While on duty, absolutely. If anything to keep the honest, honest. It would also help to weed out those that shouldn't be wearing the badge.

Deleted
    The cops shall have a gun-camera on the gun who start filming then the gun is armed, hence we protect the privacy of the citizens, the cops can show they had no choice but to shoot, and citizens are protected from trigger-happy cops (or at least the cop do get punched for it)
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2014-08-23 at 10:07 PM.

i cant see a logical reason against this - although im sure with the way the government works it will be crazy expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    The cops shall have a gun-camera on the gun who start filming then the gun is armed, hence we protect the privacy of the citizens, the cops can show they had no choice but to shoot, and citizens are protected from trigger-happy cops (or at least the cop do get punched for it)
    nah i prefer a full blown camera with mic at all times during duty. how exactly to work bathroom and lunch breaks im not 100% sure. lets say you allow them to turn it off themselves, right there i dont like it. lets say its done remotely, then how do we know officer doesnt contact dispatch, request bathroom break, do something illegal, turn it back on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    While on duty, absolutely. If anything to keep the honest, honest. It would also help to weed out those that shouldn't be wearing the badge.
    this... would be nice if the profession was respected as it should be,.. hard though when so many fuckhead cops out there.

Deleted
    The catch is in availability of the records. There is a lot to it, and just showing records to press when shit hits the fan might not suppress all the uproar. Records being damaged or not existing at all may also put cops in bad light even if it was truly technical problem. Also mounting those camera on removable equipment can also be a problem, when the situation may prefer the equipment being removed or even destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    It's also a good way to put pressure on police to not break the laws themselves, like using blatant excessive force on people who they are arresting.

Deleted
    Always on for every officer is a bit strong.

It would be nice, but end of the day, they are people. They need to pee during work sometimes and it's a bit rough for every police officer to have to request to go to the bathroom in privacy, not to mention how much time that would take every time any police in the country has to pee "permission to.." "granted" "done, turn it back on" "confirmed", like, seriously. Plus sometimes if they are sat in a car, I dunno, by the side of the road to catch people speeding... Sometimes you wanna have a bitch about your boss, or talk about something personal with your collegue without everyone being able to overhear. Even if it only ever got "looked at" when there was an incident, since you never know when there's going to be one... what happens if you are talking about your family, something personal "god, as much as I love him, sometimes my kid is a right little shitbag" or like "man my partner is crap in bed" and then something happens, and the footage is played in open court or on the news for the world to hear...

a 'gun cam' would be nice, but don't think it goes far enough, as there are obviously are times when a gun isn't involved but camera footage would help.
    "only when responding to an incident" is good too, possibly good enough. There's always going to be times when something happens but it's not a "responding to an incident" event, but... would certainally help. Also since often the first thing to happen if you just happen by something going on is to call for backup I think, then at that point it could be turned on. Either way, the officer doesn't need control over it themself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    It's also a good way to put pressure on police to not break the laws themselves, like using blatant excessive force on people who they are arresting.
    I agree.

It would help stop situations like Ferguson from happening again, if the officer can prove he was being visiously assulted then there wouldn't be a need for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    So long as it in no way impairs their ability to move about and do their job I don't see the problem. It is going to show how a lot of people and witnesses are nothing but liars

Rather the opposite, we have in places where it has been implemented seen a sharp decline in the amounts of filed cases of police brutality. since you know now they are actually caught on tape when they do the brutality and it isnt the officers words being the only truth anymore.

Zero downsides in here in my opinion. Police uses power that's handed down to them by the peoples power, it's only fair that people can also see what the police is doing.

As long as the police is doing their job properly there's no downside in having them. If they abuse power then they'll be caught and all the better for everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Rather the opposite, we have in places where it has been implemented seen a sharp decline in the amounts of filed cases of police brutality. since you know now they are actually caught on tape when they do the brutality and it isnt the officers words being the only truth anymore.
    This is one of those quotes that shows bias and Anti-cop mentality.

Did it ever occur to you that the complaints dropped because people realized they couldn't get away with it anymore after lying about it? There was an incident like this with my father when some guy ran a red light and he destroyed the guys vehicle with his police tahoe. Immediately afterwards there were about 2 dozen people out there screaming "COP RAN THE RED LIGHT!! HE WAS HIT BY THE COP." It wasn't till they pulled the tapes from the gas station at the intersection that showed that the idiot was the one that ran the light when my dad hit him.

Of course, everyone immediately shut up and act like it never happened, never so much as an apology. Even the newspapers forgot about it. Just saying, stop being so obvious that you hate the cops please.

10+ Year Old Account
    My state, SC, seems to wanting to make them mandatory. Charleston already did so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that the complaints dropped because people realized they couldn't get away with it anymore after lying about it?
    It occurred to me that that's part of it, but the number of use of force incidents as reported by the police also dropped dramatically, so it isn't the sole cause.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters