Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    City had two paid expansions, Villains and Going Rogue. They were spaced 2 and 4 years apart, but they both added an enormous amount of content, enough that nobody ever confused them for patches(live "Issues").
    I forgot to put the "2" in my post. My point was that the game sustained itself primarily on free content patches rather than expansions. 2 expansions in 8 years? When you have MMO's like WoW on a bi-yearly expansion rate or EQ1/2 releasing expansions/adventure packs every year, CoH becomes an outlier. Coupled with MMO's that release free expansions of a smaller scale like Aion, STO, Rift (nowadays) and a few others, you have plenty of evidence that supports the argument that paid expansions aren't necessary for a games longterm health.

Basically, my argument is that a MMO does not need large scale paid expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    City had two paid expansions, Villains and Going Rogue. They were spaced 2 and 4 years apart, but they both added an enormous amount of content, enough that nobody ever confused them for patches(live "Issues").

As a whole, the MMO community seems very reluctant to abandon the size and differences between paid expansion packs and patched content. A lot of companies are trying to blur the line for PR and customer satisfaction, but the existing customers are pretty set in their ways and don't want to be told to adopt new definitions for what they already know. It's not a futile effort, since the newer players and the next generation are always impressionable, but the grizzled veterans are never going to accept the Starfighter or Stronghold patches as equalling the Makeb content update.
    They don't have to. If they cost money, then I could see the point of that. Seeing as how GSF and GSH didn't cost a dime, no, it's just terminology. People get entirely too hung up on terminology.

I'd like to see a new healer/tank companion that uses willpower.

I'd also like to see the teleport cybetech item from beta return.

New class
    New Races
    New planet storylines
    Reduce the limits placed on F2P players