School Laptop + WoW + LoL Sufficiency

So I'm buying a game-oriented laptop that's also going to serve as my school laptop; for educational purposes I just want to have it for note-taking and I am certain I won't be playing much at home anymore; but I'd like to have a strong enough computer so when I get a free hour and don't have to study, I can play a round of LoL or do something in WoW for a bit.

That said, I have some questions for you guys who play on laptops, but first some background.

I play right now on a pretty solidly strong desktop I built myself; I run two GPUs and have a slightly overclocked, modern i7 and I run what I play at as high settings as I can while keeping 60FPS - usually it's close to the maximum; I run at 1920x1080 and I don't have a 30" monitor or anything - the most taxing game my computer can run at max is probably The Witcher 2 or Sleeping Dogs as a runner-up but those aren't typical for me; Dark Souls 2 also runs really well with some tweaks to make it look better.

Anyway, I hold frame rate and clarity above almost all else, so as long as I can run at a high resolution with at least "High" textures so things don't look blurry I'm fine; I don't usually max out some of the super-tweaky graphics options (many of which I don't even know what they do)

I understand in WoD we're getting some adjustments to raid-group spell effects; that should hopefully help counter some of the weakness in a mobile GPU.

So right now, I'm nearly solidly fixated on getting a Razer Blade 2014; I really like the thinness and the design, but the big thing is the weight - many of the strong laptops I've looked at reviews for weigh a lot more (MSI Dominator, Alienware 17, etc..) than either of the Blades.

That said, I have a question or two concerning the Blade and its bigger counter-part and one inquiry specific to the smaller blade.

I noticed that the Blade Pro with a 17.3" screen is often said on forums to have an "inferior" screen - I'm guessing this is something to do with the quality that I'm not educated enough in that realm to understand? Also, the Blade Pro has an 860M vs the smaller model having an 870M, which is apparently a different architecture and fairs better in performance tests? I'm not sure why one that is called "Pro" - usually a moniker to indicate it's more of an enthusiast's model than the other option would have a worse GPU?

Second, I've noticed that when your monitor has a native resolution of X and you have a game set to Y it looks horrendous (I guess usually it's when Y is lower than X?) - the Blade 14" has a native resolution of some number like 3200x1080 or something like that - would I see an awful, blurry game if I set WoW to 1920x1080? I fear that there's no way the Blade's GPU could run WoW at 60FPS consistently with a ludicrously-high resolution like that or am I over-estimating WoW?

I'm also open to suggestions of machines if they're fairly light; I'm not necessarily looking for the classic "desktop replacement" as I do have my desktop - I'm just sure I want something that'll let me play the two games I play most frequently with the settings I'm used to.

Thanks for anything you guys would like to share.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I wouldn't touch anything from razer with a 10ft pole.

You already have a beastly desktop so why not just get an ultrabook or mac book air for class.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Personally I wouldn't touch anything from razer with a 10ft pole.

You already have a beastly desktop so why not just get an ultrabook or mac book air for class.
    yeah believe me its best not to get an all in one type thing, Go with a small, inexpensive laptop for class

15+ Year Old Account
    Simply saying "I wouldn't touch Razer with a 10 Ft Pole" isn't very helpful.

People have their preference on gear, but to say na without a valid reason makes your point invalid. Offer up some suggestions.

OT, the Razor Blade isn't something I own, it maybe a little overpriced, but not buying one because someone else's razor mouse or keyboard crapped after they beat the shit out of it is no reason to stay away from razor products. Ive had my mouse and keyboard from Razer for 2 years, I have no issues with them, they still work fine. But I don't pound the keys or slam my mouse down when I die either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

People have their preference on gear, but to say na without a valid reason makes your point invalid. Offer up some suggestions.

OT, the Razor Blade isn't something I own, it maybe a little overpriced, but not buying one because someone else's razor mouse or keyboard crapped after they beat the shit out of it is no reason to stay away from razor products. Ive had my mouse and keyboard from Razer for 2 years, I have no issues with them, they still work fine. But I don't pound the keys or slam my mouse down when I die either.
    This is the most stupid post ever, you mock him because he says "Don't buy a Razer laptop" and offers anecdotal evidence, but you turn around and offer no evidence to the contrary.

Regardless of my personal feelings about Razer, gaming laptops are almost always a poor purchase. They cost absurd amounts of money and offer little to no performance of a desktop that's 1/3 of the price.

Since both League and WoW can be run on some pretty shitty systems, buy something relatively cheap and you will probably end up being able to run WoW and League on it anyway.

Lastly, you'll get tired of carrying around a 17" laptop. My 14" Macbook Pro gets heavy/unwieldy as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post

While you are correct about that statement it is pretty common knowledge that razer has a few factories: one that produces decent quality gear and then another that produces absolute garbage. If I were the op I surely wouldn't wanna risk getting said laptop from the latter of the two. (assuming both plants make the razer blade) Also for the record I had a naga molten that developed a double click after a measly 6 months. I did not slam it or play clicky games like diablo3 excessively.

Lastly I did make a suggestion not sure how you missed it considering there was only two lines of text.