Deleted

Shaman's lightning bolt animation

Is anybody annoyed by this nuke target animation?
    You know what I mean, lightning bolt pathing towards the current target is weird. It goes sideways, while the other nukes go straight into it ( like they are supposed to). Is this changed in WoD?
    Is anybody else slightly annoyed by this?

This irked the hell out of me when I finally noticed it. In WoD I believe the LB animation goes faster and is more centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly. Is this a recent change? And why are you considering LB a nuke?

Deleted
    I have no idea what you're talking about. How is it a nuke and how does it go sideways o.O

The lightning bolt travels from you to the enemy is why he say's it goes sideways but it's in no way a nuke it's a single target spell

Actually, I just did some testing on a target dummy. Unless you're straight in front of it, your spell does appear to hit the target slightly to the side. What appears to be happening is that the "contact point" of the spell seems to be a few feet straight behind the target, so it travels through its body and strikes that spot. When you move off to an angle and the target is no longer facing you, it becomes more apparent.

No no, he/she is right, it does go sideways. I've noticed that as well (on live, not talking about beta or something).

Ont: the animation is beyond stupid. They should have just made it a blue Wrath or Solace. Like this it is more like a weird blue beam of whatever (that for some reason often starts several yards from my shamans' hand, disappears a bit through the middle and finally arrives to hit the boss... a bit to the side).

Deleted
    When the new animation came out (cata i think?) it was far better than the old one but after a while I realized it's incredibly awkward. Devs probably thought that it looked like a blue glowing rubber so they sticked some blue wrath-like sparkles here and there to make it look like it has something to do with "lightning"? Awkward. And the fact that it starts in the middle of the run and ends in the wrong place is annoying too. The new animation for Fulmination is far better.

I'd love the "chain lighting" look...even for just single LB

I love the "bolt" look so much I like to rotate that in every once in awhile.

Even better...use the now deceased animation from Ascended form for LB...that is/was awesome.
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2014-08-25 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I'd love the "chain lighting" look...even for just single LB

I love the "bolt" look so much I like to rotate that in every once in awhile.

Even better...use the now deceased animation from Ascended form for LB...that is/was awesome.
    What "deceased" animation?

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    What "deceased" animation?
    The live version of the Ascendece's Stormstrike.

-- --

On topic: Never have noticed this, as I main Enhacement I rarely cast it at range, anyway, even this way I still thing it was a huge improvement of the lame ball we had before.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    The live version of the Ascendece's Stormstrike.

-- --

On topic: Never have noticed this, as I main Enhacement I rarely cast it at range, anyway, even this way I still thing it was a huge improvement of the lame ball we had before.
    Ah I was thinking about Elemental's Ascendance form.

i really liked the original animation to be honest. they should have left an UI option for old school shammies! =) same goes for druid wrath. with current looks its not a bolt anymore =) more like i am charging my lasers thing.