LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Are you accusing the OP of using bots? Thats not very nice of you :/
    if he did 100 battlegrounds over 16 hours, yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    if he did 100 battlegrounds over 16 hours, yes
    I dont see the problem here. If you have a gaming-day where you do nothing but gaming then
    doing 91 battlegrounds isnt really that far fetched tbh.

What is 91 bgs in 16 hours? 10 minutes per bg? Is that so unreasonable?

Keep in mind that some bgs you get totally dominated from start to finish which means they end really fast.
    Some bgs you enter when its almost over and some bgs your team will dominate and win really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Queuing as a group takes considerably longer than queueing alone. Queuing alone as healer is considerably faster than as dps from my experience as well.
    Queing with 2 people rather than 1 doesn't suddenly turn your que for instant for 8-12 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    I dont see the problem here. If you have a gaming-day where you do nothing but gaming then
    doing 91 battlegrounds isnt really that far fetched tbh.

What is 91 bgs in 16 hours? 10 minutes per bg? Is that so unreasonable?

Keep in mind that some bgs you get totally dominated from start to finish which means they end really fast.
    Some bgs you enter when its almost over and some bgs your team will dominate and win really fast.
    Yes...Considering average ques as HORDE are over 10 mins or around that (let alone the play time).

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Queing with 2 people rather than 1 doesn't suddenly turn your que for instant for 8-12 minutes.

Yes...Considering average ques as HORDE are over 10 mins or around that (let alone the play time).
    I play on Ragnaros Horde. avg queue time right now is 2 minutes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    I play on Ragnaros Horde. avg queue time right now is 2 minutes for me.
    Just que'd on Thrall Horde and I had a 6 minute 54 second que.

Deleted
    I'm a horde Resto druid,

BGs Won: 6 Lost: 85 Total: 91. = 6.59% win ratio.
    Git gud, healer's infulence on the outcome of a BG is immense. I'd join otherwise losing battles as healer, albeit bad geared, and we'd start winning, simply because somebody else was now healing and team's survivability went off the charts.

Must keep in mind that every failure you've been in has only you in common, you did something wrong for sure.
    EDIT:
    Common things for restos might be:
    -Not sneaking around in Cat Form
    -Not using Line of Sight or Max Range
    -Not Cycloning things, or Cycloning poorly
    -Not speccing into Displacer Beast
    -Popping out of stealth in the middle of the enemy raid
    -Healing on top of the flag, letting all melee cleave you, instead of keeping a distance
    -Not staying out of trouble, not kiting as if none would peel off
    -Not running to friendlies that might involuntarily peel off
    -Not protecting the other healers or removing CC off them
    -Healing in the wrong place instead of strategic areas, OR on top of the objective where everyone will easily see and kill you.

If you avoid doing that stuff, things should go much better ^-^
    Last edited by mmoc3b65426e43; 2014-08-23 at 01:14 PM. Reason: More constructive

The problem with your post...

I'm a horde Resto druid, and i've been queuing for bgs for the past 15-17 hours.
    To get my honor gear. These are the win / loss ratio i've had so far. etc...
    I'm a horde frost mage, and i've been queuing for bgs for the past 15 hours.

BGs Won: 60 Lost: 0 Total: 60. = ∞% win ratio. , avg 15 minutes pr fight including Queue Time.

I dont know about you guys who do PvP for a living, is this really the ratio MoP has had the entire expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

Deleted
    don't queue during nights, assholes leave the bots on all night for honor and you shouldnt get that bad stats
    The character i do bgs on is a monk so this is only counted for MoP :
    BGs played 916
    BGs won 691
    BGS lost 225
    Thats a 75% win rate for horde EU, not bad
    Also blacklist Av and isle of conq
    Last edited by mmoce2b41f6135; 2014-08-23 at 03:20 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    russian premades and bots queueing random lead to this

Maybe you should try and offer the Alliance a mount. Mount plz

10+ Year Old Account
    who in his rightful mind would queue random bgs for 15-17 hours ? sounds cheesy to say the least op.

plus, as a proud member of the horde i am not really into random bgs but when i do them, i have like %80 win excluding ioc / av ofcourse because they are blacklisted. on smaller bgs such as wsg / ab 1 man can change the entire game's direction ( or this is what i like to think hehe ) so blame is on you my friend.

p.s: i pvp as a resto druid as well. i don't do random bgs with that toon though.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Ok...either you forgot to blacklist IoC and AV, or you had REALLY bad luck. Your gear is probably bad if you're just farming to get honor gear, but just one undergeared player shouldn't make _that_ big of a difference unless you were like the only one defending a node and got slaughtered by Prideful players or something (which means the rest of your team was bad, as they shouldn't trust someone in less than honor gear to defend a node alone).

Even as an Alliance player, I've never had streaks that bad. Although I can't say I've ever done random BGs for 15 hours straight either...so uh, not sure if serious.

Also...I'm pretty sure those guys who do "PvP for a living" are talking about high-level arenas/RBGs and not random battlegrounds.

I have to say that this seems a bit crazy, I usually win most the games I play and if I start on a losing streek of even 2-3 games I'l just stop playing and do something else. Not one for power grinding BG's like you've done but when I do play I win more than I lose.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    1st thing, I don't understand how you guys get quicker ques as a healer. I've literally sat around and took my Que Timer and actual time in Que numbers for both and ended up damn near identical, and also did the same with a dps friend waiting on one another to get out of bgs to que up. Barely any difference (Horde-US.)

2nd thing, the win/loss record for me has so much more to do with how many premades I run into. Later in the evening the more common, then they are replaced by bot heavy teams. Weekdays prior to midnight or 1 in the morning (East Coast Time) I win the vast majority. I tend to stay away from CTA also, and que with one friend maybe 2, rarely any more then that, but in all honesty if I solo que I don't lose to many more battle grounds. Reason I stay away from CTA is (anecdotal evidence and a guild mate who botted confirming he did it) is that a lot of people (geared players also) botted the CTA to work on their 100 win achieves.

By the way looking at my newest 90 (who is in a cross of honor/conquest from running dungeons and converting to honor and running some arenas with guild mates who were just dropping mmr to get gear) has a win/loss of 35 of 52, not including AV and IoC. Inlcuding them it is 37 of 74.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2014-08-23 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue with friends, you're more likely to win in that case. I do pick-up-group's for both factions all of the time, and the communication helps tremendously. More often than not, the win-loss rate for both factions that I play on is 50/50.

Deleted
    I'm a horde Resto druid, and i've been queuing for bgs for the past 15-17 hours.
    To get my honor gear. These are the win / loss ratio i've had so far.

BGs Won: 6 Lost: 85 Total: 91. = 6.59% win ratio. , avg 11.2minutes pr fight including Queue Time.

I dont know about you guys who do PvP for a living, is this really the ratio MoP has had the entire expansion?

I think I can identify the problem, or at least part of it.

40-mans are almost always a loss for horde as others have said.

Now, in the smaller bg's you are queing as healer. So the matchmaking system (yes, there actually is one) counts you as a healer.

Players in greens are a major drag on a team just because they have greens. In your case, additionally, your team is effectively
    always one healer down.

Now, in 10 and 15-man the number of decent healers in a game is a very accurate predictor of who will win. But healers with poor gear are almost useless-it is easy to dps them down. As the gear they have gets better they become exponentially more powerful-healers in full prideful are like raid bosses. No other class has this non-linear dynamic.

The obvious solution is to que as dps and then switch spec if you still want to play resto. As others have said, you might want
    just want to get honor gear some other way as it will still probably be faster than doing bg's. You should be competitive once you have an honor set.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2014-08-24 at 08:48 AM.

BGs Won: 6 Lost: 85 Total: 91. = 6.59% win ratio. , avg 11.2minutes pr fight including Queue Time.

On my Shaman I'm sitting on a 67% win rate, I ban IOC and AV(AV because it's just so easy to win as Alliance - My alliance character has a 82% win rate over 300 games in AV).

My last 25 BGs I lost 7, and I knew I'd lose them from the start, so I didn't even try to win. One that I thought I'd lose I won, but hey, sometimes you get lucky and your group's skill makes up for lacking gear. I use battlegroundtargets and simply check health levels of both groups. If most of the enemy group has 600k+ and my group has 400k-, I just know it's going to be a loss. Just have fun, or go grab a snack, or just afk out.

All of the BGs I do, I am usually a deciding factor to why I win, or at least try to be. You have to be, regardless of what PVP game you play. That's another reason I ban 40 man BGs - I can't personally influence the game as much as I can in a 10 man BG. I am a full 550 Elemental & Enhancement shaman. If I'm going tryhard mode, I'll queue as Elemental & Resto, and go whatever will give the team a higher win chance. Healers don't always give a better win rate - infact I'd say they're pretty overestimated by the players in general. A 550 Conquest geared Elemental shaman can burst a equally geared non-tank FC in about 4 seconds, if left alone. However, if your team is all 540k+ health, but has no healer, heals will win out.

If you're queueing for AV/IOC, you're going to lose. Just expect it. Av is skewed so heavily in favor of Alliance, practically no hordes will do it at all. IOC is Alliance farming grounds. The bots don't even bother capping anymore, they simply run to groups of people and AOE til everyone dies. When Blizzard finally deals with the botting problem, IOC might become doable, but it's going to have a horde stigma for a while. Just avoid this place.

As horde the only way you can achieve such bad win ratios is if you don't blacklist IoC and AV. Blacklist those and welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I think I can identify the problem, or at least part of it.

40-mans are almost always a loss for horde as others have said.

Now, in the smaller bg's you are queing as healer. So the matchmaking system (yes, there actually is one) counts you as a healer.

Players in greens are a major drag on a team just because they have greens. In your case, additionally, your team is effectively
    always one healer down.
    Actually, The heals thing is disabled. It's been disabled because they found it slowed queue times and was usually just cheated anyways. Most of the time, heals would just queue as DPS, bringing 5+ heals to WSG. Yay -_-. Or bringing 0 heals because shammys and monks queued as healer.

I'd rather have a healer in greens than a DPS. You contribute more as a healer in greens than you ever coudl as a DPS. You can still CC, Your heals are only 1/4th - half that of a geared healer, and you still bring decent cooldowns. A green DPS literally cannot hurt me, as a shaman.

Did things change so much since I quit? I barely ever lost a BG as horde, same went for alot of other horde players aswell. The forums were usually full of "alliance never wins" posts and what not. So no, the ratio hasn't been this bad all expansion long. If you want a solid winrate the best thing to do is queing up with friends though, especially if you have bad gear.