Macroing Heroic Strike to Other Abilities

Hi All,

New Fury warrior here, and I'm having a bit of trouble fitting Heroic Strike into my PvE rotation. One of the main issues is that I'm using a Naga with 36 keys spread through no modifier, alt modifier and shift modifier (12 keys each). I know the fury rotation, I know when I should use heroic strike, but hitting it with my mouse hand (on the naga), I feel like I lose the off GCD time because i'm not hitting other keys at the same time, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I was wondering how others have handled this? I tried Macroing Heroic Strike to Raging Blow and it seems to work okay and keeps me from rage capping, but it wouldn't be quite is good if I needed to cleave because I wouldn't have the rage for it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fury has like 3-4 buttons?

You shouldn't really have any issues. Since there's a small delay between CS debuff being applied to your target and your GCD completing, you have a room in between to hit your heroic strike before you start with your on-global abilities, essentially leaving you with a ~0.75 second GCD between each normal rotational ability and each heroic strike. Just HS directly after CS is applied (having a weakaura tracker with a sound effect certainly helps, but isn't necessary)

I personally use mouse wheel down for heroic strike and rebound my zoom functions. Really easy to do while pressing other buttons.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fury is about pooling rage for the CS cycle. Not going into the CS cycle with already dumped rage. Also, you want 4 heroic strikes within your CS cycle, especially with the tierset bonus. Since not every ability in your CS is Raging blow obviously, you shouldnt bind it to any ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never, ever, ever, EVER macro HS into any abilities. Period. There is no room for discussion here.

Either practice and get better, or don't bother unless you're going to play Gladiator in WoD.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Either practice and get better, or don't bother unless you're going to play Gladiator in WoD.

Except, Heroic Strike is gone from Fury in WoD. Nice attitude though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You misread. I agree on the attitude part though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use HS while the other skills are on GCD, no need to worry.
    Someting like => BT > CS > HS > RB > HS > BT > HS > SB > HS > RB

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally bind most my off gcd things to the keyboard while the naga has rotational abilities bound. Cleave / heroic strike / change stance / rocket boots / pot, are all on the keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Do you know how to read? Unless he's going to play Glad in WoD, he needn't worry about learning how to correctly use HS, because that is the only DPS spec it will be relevant for.

The attitude is because I have to deal with self-righteous assholes like you.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-08-25 at 03:04 PM.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

He might still want to learn how to correctly use heroic strike regardless of what spec he's playing in wod because he's playing fury now and doesn't want to be bad at it for the next two and a half months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    You shouldn't really have any issues. Since there's a small delay between CS debuff being applied to your target and your GCD completing, you have a room in between to hit your heroic strike before you start with your on-global abilities, essentially leaving you with a ~0.75 second GCD between each normal rotational ability and each heroic strike. Just HS directly after CS is applied (having a weakaura tracker with a sound effect certainly helps, but isn't necessary)
    This, you should really have no problem "weaving" HS into your rotation. Might take a little practice but it's not too difficult.

NEVER macro HS to another skill, bad idea IMO.

Can understand why this is an issue on your naga.

Would recommend you have your primary ability keybinds on the keyboard, and then have your thumb pressing mouse buttons for off-gcd abilities ( active mitigation, heroic strike, cleave, etc ). Yeah everything changes in WoD but should definitely not lean on the mouse for every bind IMO.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

I had same issue so i keybinded heroic strike to "F" and cleave to "R" it works really well for me!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Can understand why this is an issue on your naga.

Would recommend you have your primary ability keybinds on the keyboard, and then have your thumb pressing mouse buttons for off-gcd abilities ( active mitigation, heroic strike, cleave, etc ). Yeah everything changes in WoD but should definitely not lean on the mouse for every bind IMO.
    Basically this, if you have everything bound to your mouse keys, I can see why you would have an issue with getting the strikes in between other abilities, depending on how quick you can move your thumb about. Just switch a few keybinds around and practice practice practice! It really isn't as hard as it sounds, just have to get some muscle memory for it.