Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Druids are both

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    I would rather not have another furry race be playable.
    Well, I have to say. It is somewhat likely we might have furbolgs and/or naga as playable in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Druids are both
    There also bears, which pandaren are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What about dickbutt race. I bet it would become the most popular race instantly.
    You'll be the racial leader of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    Chimpanzee Race!

I will never give up on it
    They would probably have to remove gorillas and all gorilla pets then.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    They would probably have to remove gorillas and all gorilla pets then.

Chimp on top and gorilla on bottom so no they'd be visually distinct enough to not warrant mass removal of a mob though I doubt Blizzard would add a primate race.

I'd kill to be an Arakkoa

15+ Year Old Account
    Talking kittens? Are you kidding me Blizzard? Unsubbed, this game is too childish now.

Talking birdies? Are you kidding me Blizzard? Unsubbed, this game is too childish now.

Why not an Furbolg, Ogre, or Ethereal race?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    True, but that's basically just "cat worgen" then.
    Well, I meant like that would just be part of their history, you wouldn't be there when the trolls were cursed, your just the second generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Talking kittens? Are you kidding me Blizzard? Unsubbed, this game is too childish now.

Talking birdies? Are you kidding me Blizzard? Unsubbed, this game is too childish now.
    Talking Cattle? Are you kidding? Unsubbed, this game is too childish now.

Talking Wolves? Are you kidding? Unsubbed, this game is too childish now.

Gnomes? Are you kidding? Unsubbed, this game is too childish now.

Talking Pandas? Are you kidding? Unsubbed, this game is too childish now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Totally into having catgirls as a race. They can use that transdimensional timey-something logic to justify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post

Chimp on top and gorilla on bottom so no they'd be visually distinct enough to not warrant mass removal of a mob though I doubt Blizzard would add a primate race.
    That's a monkey.

Cathar didn't really go over well with SWTOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I've had enough of animal races, personally. The only animal race I'd be cool with is Arakkoa, and that's even pushing it. This is personal opinion of course.

Can we have races that are interesting and cool concepts instead of "animal + human"? Ethereal and Zandalari trolls already exist and would both be awesome race additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I've had enough of animal races, personally. The only animal race I'd be cool with is Arakkoa, and that's even pushing it. This is personal opinion of course.

Can we have races that are interesting and cool concepts instead of "animal + human"? Ethereal and Zandalari trolls already exist and would both be awesome race additions.
    1. Ethereals are beings of pure energy, they could never be playable, because they couldn't put on armor. 2. What's the obsession with another troll race? We already have jungle trolls, we don't need forest trolls or ice trolls or zandalari.

1. Ethereals are beings of pure energy, they could never be playable, because they couldn't put on armor. 2. What's the obsession with another troll race? We already have jungle trolls, we don't need forest trolls or ice trolls or zandalari.
    1. Ethereals wear armor, do they not? You see it in-game; they're all wearing different robes and armor along with their bandages. None of them are walking around in only bandages. Theoretically, you could imagine a lot of different customizations for them: different energy colors, different bandage colors, assorted frills and features and ornaments on their body, etc. That's like saying "well, worgen wore only loincloths originally, how can they be a playable race?"

2. I don't know "what the obsession" is, because I haven't bothered reading other posts about race ideas. But Zandalari trolls are about as close to Darkspear as Blood Elves are to Night Elves. Their society, personality and even posture are starkly different. They're said to be huge, non-hunchbacked and very civilized. It'd be cool to see them with a real model as a playable race, and they'd fit in with the other races well.

But this isn't about those races. This is about more animal races, and I think "human + animal" is such a dull as hell concept considering how much potential - which was the point of my examples - exists within the WoW universe already. WoW's races have always been awesome and interesting to me because they go outside the stereotypes of their racial identities yet still feel right and perfect in azeroth. Blue-skinned tribal jamaican island-dweller trolls are something that only sound absurd in description, in the warcraft universe that's just what "troll" means, even though trolls in other fantasy worlds have almost always been large and brutish. Tauren were one of the original, and have very cool and creative lore, and are blizzard's take on minotaur, as worgen are their take on werewolves. Cat and bird people would be reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    1. Ethereals wear armor, do they not? You see it in-game; they're all wearing different robes and armor along with their bandages. None of them are walking around in only bandages. Theoretically, you could imagine a lot of different customizations for them: different energy colors, different bandage colors, assorted frills and features and ornaments on their body, etc. That's like saying "well, worgen wore only loincloths originally, how can they be a playable race?"

2. I don't know "what the obsession" is, because I haven't bothered reading other posts about race ideas. But Zandalari trolls are about as close to Darkspear as Blood Elves are to Night Elves. Their society, personality and even posture are starkly different. They're said to be huge, non-hunchbacked and very civilized. It'd be cool to see them with a real model as a playable race, and they'd fit in with the other races well.

But this isn't about those races. This is about more animal races, and I think "human + animal" is such a dull as hell concept considering how much potential - which was the point of my examples - exists within the WoW universe already. WoW's races have always been awesome and interesting to me because they go outside the stereotypes of their racial identities yet still feel right and perfect in azeroth. Blue-skinned tribal jamaican island-dweller trolls are something that only sound absurd in description, in the warcraft universe that's just what "troll" means, even though trolls in other fantasy worlds have almost always been large and brutish. Tauren were one of the original, and have very cool and creative lore, and are blizzard's take on minotaur, as worgen are their take on werewolves. Cat and bird people would be reaching.
    What about pandaren? They are original and fit I'm with the word well.

What about pandaren? They are original and fit I'm with the word well.
    I intentionally didn't bring them up because I didn't want to bash them.

They're the reason I say "enough with the animal races already". It's not creative or interesting to take an animal, make it bipedal and humanoid and call it a race. That's all pandaren were, and that's why they were poorly received compared to tauren and worgen (it should be noted that worgen came after pandaren lore-wise). 3 half-animal races are enough, and there are only so many animals they can mash together with humanoid features until it starts being redundant. They're quickly getting to that point.

Not huge about "animal" races being playable... well, any *more* of them I mean. Too many already.

Deleted
    I don't feel that 3 Animal-humanoids (or anthros) It's too "much" in 13 playable races. (Also because I'm an anthro little fanatic ) so I'm on for Feline or Avian race.

But I don't think It will be "original" to add "sub-races" like High Elves and Zandalari Trolls. I think It's the same race with different culture vision. I don't feel It's like Night Elves and Blood Elves or Humans and Vrykul.
    Ethereals? Ogres? Why not, but a bit predictable. I'd like to see something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    I'd kill to be an Arakkoa
    Pretty much this. They just look so cool.