Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most legendary weapon is corrupted ashbringer. And yes i know its not legendary...but its story is.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The only real legendary is missing in your list, or where is Atiesh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Out of curiosity, what class were you for your Shadowmourne? If you used ARP and had it capped, you turned into a complete monster with the weapon.
    This really... A fully arp'd warrior/blood dk and high end UH DKs got a huge damage increase with this weapon. I really think your list is going based off of personal opinion rather than empirical utility...

Val'anyr was a victim of the 4 tier design post Ulduar. It was meant to be the top end ilvl of the expansion (or on par with the top end with the proc making it pull ahead). A paladin with Val'anyr was fucking godly...

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    There is no doubt, Atiesh.
    /close thread.

That item didn't need any special procs or anything to boost you in vanilla - because by the time you could actually get one, you had pretty much beaten vanilla. But it was legen...wait for it... dary that it came with a portal to the next tier raid. In a time where getting to Kara was really painful (at least 10 minutes of travel time).

In terms of reputation I would actually say that Sulfuras was the most legendary. Just enough people had one that you felt the pain in PvP. But not so many that most players could not instantly name the ones who had it. Add the fact that it was just sick when tier1 was current. It was a full 15% dps higher than the second best (and only got an equal in BWL off Nefarian). It was one of the only 2-handers with 3.8 swing speed, in a time where instant attacks was based off weapon speed. Anyone who played clothie during vanilla and PvP'ed knows how much they hurt. I had one and contributed to the 1-shot frenzy that got warriors nerfed over and over.

Both Glaives and Thunderfury were mainly show-off items. Thunderfury was the only endgame viable tank weapon ever to have a damage mitigation proc that made the rotation easier. Glaives got some crazy rogues out of the closet though. What those dudes wouldn't go through to land their hands on a pair was a pretty small list.

I always liked the legendaries that required combined guild effort to get over the others. The RNG ones always seemed a little dull. When MC/BWL was current, getting the mats for Sulfuras and Thunderfury was actually no small task. All the guilds stockpiled theirs "just in case" and I remember that I had to wait 3 or 4 weeks for the remaining ingots to drop after I got the eye before I could craft mine.

While not legendary, Qual'Serrar deserves a mention too!
    It had this starting quest that came from a ridiculously rare book in DM. Then you had to go stand in front of Onyxia to get your blade breathed on, and within 15 minutes plunge the heated blade into her corpse. Talk about going on an epic quest. With a reward being the 2nd most iconic tank weapon of all times (only bested by Thunderfury).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    While not legendary, Qual'Serrar deserves a mention too!
    It had this starting quest that came from a ridiculously rare book in DM. Then you had to go stand in front of Onyxia to get your blade breathed on, and within 15 minutes plunge the heated blade into her corpse. Talk about going on an epic quest. With a reward being the 2nd most iconic tank weapon of all times (only bested by Thunderfury).
    Indeed. This is very much a case of, they don't make them (quests) like they used to.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    In terms of looks, lore, and even how much power it gave you at the time how do you rank the legendary items? Kael'thas items and such don't count.

Sulfurnas Hand of Ragnaros - Not to sure just how much more powerful this item made you, but the name is just so awesome to me and back then Ragnaros was just such a badass having his weapon was just so awesome.
    Sulfuras was win. I used to take this baby with my ret/holy pally back in vanilla and the fireball proc would smash people in the face. Depending on how good their gear was, it had the potential to 1 shot, or otherwise make a dramatically awesome dent in their health pool

How do you obtain Atiesh ? Is it even obtainable?

Quote Originally Posted by GerdaroThePandaren View Post
    How do you obtain Atiesh ? Is it even obtainable?
    Not possible to get anyone. It was made by combining some drops that came off Naxx40 bosses (much like the Ulduar mace). When Naxx40 was removed from the game, you could not get it anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ioVulture View Post
    You also forgot Talisman of Binding shard, http://www.wowhead.com/item=17782/ta...-binding-shard

Probably quite useful in AQ with all the juicy resistance.
    It was removed from the game quite fast even before the first guild got a Nefarian world first.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks? Warglaives without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ioVulture View Post
    You also forgot Talisman of Binding shard, http://www.wowhead.com/item=17782/ta...-binding-shard

Probably quite useful in AQ with all the juicy resistance.

Do you know that item got removed of the loot table hours after the 1st guy loot it? There's only 1 player in the whole game with that ítem. It was never meant to drop in the 1st place. I'd say that's the most rare legendary in the game, but due to the fact that they just took it away right after they found out it was actualy droping that i just rather say that dosen't count at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanFiles View Post
    Do you know that item got removed of the loot table hours after the 1st guy loot it? There's only 1 player in the whole game with that ítem. It was never meant to drop in the 1st place. I'd say that's the most rare legendary in the game, but due to the fact that they just took it away right after they found out it was actualy droping that i just rather say that dosen't count at all.
    Yes ofc i do know that but...
    That is a true legendary in my book, it is a legend almost. Point is that "legendary" is a quality category but it was at least, also a legend about the people who had them. And that could have been about the first who got Benediciton or a Deathchargers reins.
    Last edited by mmoce0fbfedb17; 2014-08-25 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my book, the legendary of legendary is and always is, Atiesh. Nothing special, just the key to all back then. As well, holding great value as the long lost legendary.

My favorite list though: Shadowmourne, Val'anyr, Dragonwrath, Taragosa's Rest and Fangs.

Three of them due to the reason of having quests and progression behind them to be made. Val'anyr is more because I like it, hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Atiesh for the sole reason that i've only ever seen 1 person with it. It was at level 70 in an arena when tbc came out. Guy was a druid with full t3 and atiesh.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I forgot to name Atiesh, but besides the portal to Karazhan which wasn't even a raid in Vanilla how much power did it give. It had no special procs.
    "Buffs" and good stats. Remember, vanilla didn't offer OP stuff like 30-40% dmg increase from legendaries such as today. It was legendary, however it didn't automatically mean a OP one shot weapon.

Goes for every legendary up to WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    The most legendary weapon is corrupted ashbringer. And yes i know its not legendary...but its story is.
    Corrupted Ashbringer is levels above any legendary in terms of looks, lore, and rarity. Some people would probably give their left nut for that wep.

From the list, Warglaives. It looks the most unique to me since it's one of the only ways to even wield glaives. Blizz needs to include a new weapon class based on glaives and even make certain ones throw-able for hunters.

Wanting to play like this badass

Deleted
    I just have to say, Atiesh. Still smiling today like a retard when looking at it in my Inventory

10+ Year Old Account
    I think good ol' Sulfuras is the winner in my book - a lengthy and difficult trial to assemble the proper materials and craft it, as well as lore in the world to highlight how bad-ass it is. Legendary drops just never have the same gravitas, and the other buildables come close but are missing something.

Shadowmourne - I loved the way it looked and I loved the lore behind it. A sister weapon to Frostmourne made from Light's Vengeance, the mace that Arthas discarded for Frostmourne, eventually contributing to the downfall of the Lich King. It was just awesome from start to finish. The weapon was incredible in practice too, I love it.

Not sure why someone said it was "profession gated" - It wasn't. You needed Primordial Saronite, trash drop materials from ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Val'anyr was a victim of the 4 tier design post Ulduar. It was meant to be the top end ilvl of the expansion (or on par with the top end with the proc making it pull ahead). A paladin with Val'anyr was fucking godly...
    It was upgraded to ilvl245 when Trial of the Crusader got released, and the proc was so strong it remained by far the best healer weapon for the remainder of the expansion.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-08-25 at 08:14 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Sulfuras for sure, the amount of items required to build it is still pretty heavy to this day.