LF a list of wipes per first boss kill

Does anyone know of a list of how many times a boss was wiped to before it was defeated the first time? I'd like to see everything from Ragnaros and Vaelastrasz and 4 horsemen to Heroic Ragnaros to Heroic Garrosh.

Edit: Found some links and put in post 7

Edit: I think I'm enough of a nerd to put together a big huge list of every boss, the first kill, and appropriate commentary on the boss. For example, the ridiculous farming for Loatheb, having to run the gauntlet for Fankriss, having to listen to Kael'Thas' speech every pull, etc. I was only a casual raider, though, so I'll need a ton of interviews.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2014-09-01 at 12:44 AM.

I don't know if their is a list of number of wipes cause that data would have to be tracked in game and before the achievements system I don't think it was possible. I know their is a list out there of time from when bosses were released or the previous boss was killed to when it was killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think such a list exists, at least I've never seen anything like it. I want to say that I remember reading that the WF H Rag kill took between 400-500 wipes, although I could be mis-remembering. I recently saw someone from Paragon post on these forums that they it was 420-ish attempts on H Garrosh, although they were not the first to kill him. I'd bet that most of the harder bosses in recent tiers were all 300+ and likely 400+ attempts for the top guilds who killed him first.

It may be possible to track down through some of the various top guild websites how many wipes they had on some of the end bosses or really hard bosses from recent tiers, but I highly doubt that you're ever going to find how many wipes for older content, especially as far back as Vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Does anyone know of a list of how many times a boss was wiped to before it was defeated the first time? I'd like to see everything from Ragnaros and Vaelastrasz and 4 horsemen to Heroic Ragnaros to Heroic Garrosh.
    You more than likely won't find much info pre-wotlk. One thing to consider is that now some of heroic bosses are tested on beta before the release, so it scews the data for boss attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I recently saw someone from Paragon post on these forums that they it was 420-ish attempts on H Garrosh, although they were not the first to kill him. I'd bet that most of the harder bosses in recent tiers were all 300+ and likely 400+ attempts for the top guilds who killed him first.
    Paragon killed Garrosh in around 600 attempts, the vast majority of which were spent trying to 2 heal it; they were the first to kill it on 10 man. Method killed it in 210 attempts for the world first 25 man.
    Paragon spent 500 attempts on Heroic Ragnaros for the first kill which I thought was the most attempts spent on a boss for a world first; However I read a post stating that Stars wiped 1000 times on Yogg 0 for the first kill, but I'm not sure if that's legit or not.

Regardless, "number of attempts" isn't a great way of comparing boss difficulty, unless you're only comparing MoP and Cata bosses. For example Paragon killed Heroic Lich King in 174 attempts, but that isn't indicative of the encounters difficulty (limited attempts = more strategizing between attempts = less attempts for a kill).
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2014-08-30 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Method killed it in 210 attempts for the world first 25 man.
    272 actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    However I read a post stating that Stars wiped 1000 times on Yogg 0 for the first kill, but I'm not sure if that's legit or not.
    Its not. Its one of those enduring myths.

I don't think wipes/first boss kills are a good sigma for measuring anything given the massive differences between bosses/raiding in the past compared to now. Hotfixes happen now much much faster then before(where applicable).
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2014-08-31 at 11:18 PM.

Ah found the links I was thinking about:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1921988710

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/163...rld_first_list

http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_progres...rning_Crusade)

Also some interesting notes...I had no idea how or why Chromaggus took so long...I don't remember hearing anything about how hard he was. I also didn't realize it took so long to kill Ragnaros original...figured one of the uber elite guilds would have farmed a billion core leather and just roflpwned it faster than that.

I also think Kel'Thuzad is underrepresented...I read some article from one of the top guilds saying that even though 4 Horsemen got a lot of press for being so hard, KT was also extremely difficult.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2014-09-01 at 12:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

I also think Kel'Thuzad is underrepresented...I read some article from one of the top guilds saying that even though 4 Horsemen got a lot of press for being so hard, KT was also extremely difficult.
    Hardly anyone even saw KT let alone killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    272 actually.
    How many wipes on Lei Shen, 310? that might be where I'm getting the 10 from.

Deleted
    I had no idea how or why Chromaggus took so long...I don't remember hearing anything about how hard he was. I also didn't realize it took so long to kill Ragnaros original...figured one of the uber elite guilds would have farmed a billion core leather and just roflpwned it faster than that.

Chromaggus was RNG based on what abilities he got that week. Ignite Flesh+Timelapse was almost an instant deal breaker on progression.

Kel'Thuzad was gatekeepere'd by Sapphiron which was a decently hard boss that also required frost resistance and most guilds didn't have nearly enough frost runes to equip everyone, which resulted in having to barter/cut deals with other guilds that were also progressing. Getting past Sapphiron was mostly guild politics rather than killing a boss.