Poll: On a 1-10 scale, how happy are you generally?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    1, sadly. I am struggling with depression and it has been like this for 6 years. As people said before there are days I am feeling great but generally I feel like a total garbage, interestingly enough I had no suicidal thoughts, yet I still wonder if I can get out of this madness some day... maybe one day...

10+ Year Old Account
    3, not exactly sad, just bored of everything.

Deleted
    7 overall, its a nice number.

My mood ranges from 2-10.
    You can't feel the ups if you don't have the downs every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    1, sadly. I am struggling with depression and it has been like this for 6 years. As people said before there are days I am feeling great but generally I feel like a total garbage, interestingly enough I had no suicidal thoughts, yet I still wonder if I can get out of this madness some day... maybe one day...
    Cheer up homie. Everythings going to be fine

I was diagnosed with depression when I was 13 and it's been a struggle the last 10 years, but generally I've been feeling neutral and indifferent to nearly everything, at the current moment I'd probably give myself a 4. Things could be better but they could also be a lot worse.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    According to this guy -- you don't really want to be happy :P

Anyway, I'm not a happy person in general and I've given up on chasing happiness, for me it's just a side effect after achieving something, it's there for a while and then it's gone, then I find something new and exciting to work on and it just comes and goes etc. I just don't feel I need happiness to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Hircine View Post
    According to this guy -- you don't really want to be happy :P

Anyway, I'm not a happy person in general and I've given up on chasing happiness, for me it's just a side effect after achieving something, it's there for a while and then it's gone, then I find something new and exciting to work on and it just comes and goes etc. I just don't feel I need happiness to function.
    This guy is from my country, his name is Slavoj Žižek and he is very "famous" philologist here. He is seating like a crazy and waving with hand like he will lose something. People like him govern and rule my country, poeple with out of touch with reality. We had female prime minister for a last year and in this time we got additional 20 billion of euros debt. My country yearly budget is around 8-10 billion euros. She was always saying we are going out of recession and things are getting better and people are living better life than any time before. Well guess what... in one year unemployment went up for 2-5% (depending on region), we got 2 year balance additional debt, our roads are only holes and they cannot find 43 million euros to fix them to the end of the year now, healthcare is probably the worst in EU. To get to otolaringologist you need to wait more than one year in line to be admitted, more than 50% of adults doesn't have dentist or they have to pay from their own pocket for everything as basic health insurance doesn't cover everything or only cheapest materials,...
    People are collecting money around country for poor children who cannot buy their school supplies so they will at least afford some books and clothes. In second largest city, there is more than 200.000 people living under line of poverty, that is on around 300€ per month. Lines at red cross are longer and longer and few months ago I was also standing there to get my package because we ran out of food...
    And no.. she says we are doing better than any time before in our 20 year history... right.

Delusional stupid crazy people in government doesn't realize that if this trend is going to continue, all young people will left country or there will be soon some civil unrests... Almost everyday you read in newspapers how someone killed someone. Crime went up almost 200%, suicides and murders around 105%. There is almost no day without someone robbing a gas station or some store. And this is in country with only 2 million of citizens! Before we never read about so much crime, this year I'm only reading this...
    For how long this will go, I don't know, but I know for sure that it will happen next "Greece" here some pretty soon... I almost do not dare to go outside, my mother was a victim of street robbery few months ago when someone scrape necklace from her neck and ran away...

I was severely depressed for a long time probably like a 3. After I found my faith I'm much happier, like a 9 most days.

normally a 6 or a 7. I tend to act much like a sun in the case of my mood. Shine brightly, then some day implode causing a black hole where that day just have to pass. I dont really take it out on others during the day but i do tend to try to be just by myself. So generally 6 or 7, thoose days a 1.

Thoose days feel empty, nothing/nobody can help with it, the day just needs to end. I did at one point experience this over a few days, no energy, felt like crying for no reason (im male btw) while at my job, Went to do some workout with my dad in the gym, cut it short as i had no energy and was practically crying for no good reason. Came home, cried for the first time ev er in front of my parents in god knows how long (was 20 at the time) and just did not know what was wrong, i just felt like shit. Thinking back on it i believe it was extreme ammounts of unsatisfaction with my own body (was overweight at the time, 110kg).
    All in all i ended up weighing 85kg like 6 months later as it lit a fire in me to loose the excess weight and take control of my life again.

my life would probably be cause for a 2 or 3 but im lying myself into comfort so that im mostly on a 7 or 8. while at work my mood is around a 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess 4. I'm almost fine. I'm more sad than I am happy but mostly because I hate where I am in life right now, so hopefully I will get to a better place and then be happy one day.
    But I'm not overly sad either, never been that kind of person, so 4 seems accurate.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    2-3 ish. If i won the lottery that would jump to an 8. Money problems aren't fun and cause severe stress and the feeling of being trapped.

Currently 4ish but it's gonna be like 9 when I finally get a job. I'm moving from this crappy rented flat and getting my own house from middle of nowhere.