Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    https://twitter.com/Agent13Green/with_replies
    Ghost is on them, everyone calm down
    This makes me happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Whatever intelligent or decent thing you've ever said is irrelevant the moment you think a company can instantly counteract and prevent a dedicated DDoS group from disrupting their service and start putting out anything remotely close to "white knight arguments."

Sad to see you go, man.
    There's not a lot of defense to DDos attacks so his arguments never had any merit anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While waiting to log into WoW I take solace in knowing that Bubba is going to be introducing this so-called Lizzard's anal cavity to a python. Anyone figure out how many felonies the little bitch wracked up so far?
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremall View Post
    While waiting to log into WoW I take solace in knowing that Bubba is going to be introducing this so-called Lizzard's anal cavity to a python. Anyone figure out how many felonies the little bitch wracked up so far?
    I don't think the "LizardSquad" people have anything to do with it. I think they are trolls just acting big to look like hot shots to their friends.

From what I've seen, it looks like there is more than one group doing this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremall View Post
    Over the course of a few days it's been to a few different companies for a number of times and durations, so right there that's anywhere from 5-12 counts, plus basically a bomb threat, so tack on a terrorism count as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I don't think the "LizardSquad" people have anything to do with it. I think they are trolls just acting big to look like hot shots to their friends.

From what I've seen, it looks like there is more than one group doing this anyway.
    I'm leaning toward it being a bunch of trolls as well, but they're still going to do jail time for causing the confusion and more-or-less aiding criminal activity.

I constantly got server problems when playing Farmville 2 even...

I hope they put these guys in jail and throw away the key for 20 years.

Just install a broken computer in their cells.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-26 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    It's not just Blizzard, right?

I was under the impression that EVE, LoL, and a host of other games were being hit. Whatever this is, it's a large, concerted effort by someone. National security experts are very likely, if not actively on the issue, watching it careful - what happens on this scale could well be a threat to government systems as well. And if used against other sectors - banks, stock trading servers, airline websites, etc. - would potentially constitute economic terrorism.

This is a lot bigger than Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    Losing ranked games in hearthstone because of a company who has no idea to run server infrastructure.
    I like how Blizzard is being held to a higher standard than Microsoft, Sony and Riot.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I constantly got server problems when playing Farmville 2 even...

I hope they put these guys in jail and throw away the key for 20 years.

Just install a broken computer in their cells.
    20 isnt anywhere near enough. execute them

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    I came back to wow on the 16th, and since that day the servers or least tichondrius has been going down and up every day at around 7, and its like that until 9. This is actually the 8th or 9th day.
    Because Blizzard doing maintence and moving realms to new data centers is totally the same thing as being ddosed for days on end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Meanwhile blizzard post's nothing but calls it a "connection problem"
    Blizzard doesn't owe you or anyone else an explanation and they sure as hell aren't going to provide information to the people attacking them

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because Blizzard doing maintence and moving realms to new data centers is totally the same thing as being ddosed for days on end.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard doesn't owe you or anyone else an explanation and they sure as hell aren't going to provide information to the people attacking them
    actually on breaking news of bnet desktop app there a message about ddos attacks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Its too late, they are already here.
    So why aren't you bitching up a storm on the Xbox Live, PSN and Riot forums? Those services are affected as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    This, all they want is attention and you're giving them it. I can't believe people subscribe to them and retweets their shit.
    Because it couldn't possibly be that they are trying to impress potential clients rather than random gamers. Trying to sweep it under the rug isn't going to stop it and these kinds of attacks are going to become more and more commonplace as time goes on whether it is for profit, political ideaology or outright terrorism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post

So how do you explain their Twitter postings that happen simultaneously with each subsequent attack? Are you claiming that they are psychic? There is very little doubt they are involved and the only thing in question now is what they are hoping to achieve.

Deleted
    I like how Blizzard is being held to a higher standard than Microsoft, Sony and Riot.
    That's because blizzard invested millions into ddos protection. Sadly ddosers know that and go for their ISPs / 3rd parties instead.

It's funny that the industry hasn't invested into anti ddos yet, there's very easy solutions in eradicating it, seems my ISP is the only one that is.

- - - Updated - - -

So why aren't you bitching up a storm on the Xbox Live, PSN and Riot forums? Those services are affected as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it couldn't possibly be that they are trying to impress potential clients rather than random gamers. Trying to sweep it under the rug isn't going to stop it and these kinds of attacks are going to become more and more commonplace as time goes on whether it is for profit, political ideaology or outright terrorism.

- - - Updated - - -

So how do you explain their Twitter postings that happen simultaneously with each subsequent attack? Are you claiming that they are psychic? There is very little doubt they are involved and the only thing in question now is what they are hoping to achieve.
    There's websites that show ddos attacks in real time, so you can pretty much guess accurately.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they do owe people an explanation when they're paying for access to servers to be fair.

Although there's nothing Blizzard can really do about it except help the authorities track them

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hacker groups have been doing things like this for years. Typically they have the means to hide their tracks to prevent being caught so of course they are going to brag. Most times these people are never caught.
    That's what people used to say about Anon until a bunch of them got caught. You can't 100% hide your tracks, it's just a matter of them doing enough damage to make tracking them down worth the effort. Right now they're probably just waiting to see if they bored and move on.

Personally this wouldn't be as annoying if it was just Blizzard games, but it seems all the games I enjoy are targets. All the Blizz games, Planetside 2, GW2, and LoL have all been attacked. Even DCUO which isn't even that popular, may have just been a general SOE attack as PS2 was also affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    That's what people used to say about Anon until a bunch of them got caught. You can't 100% hide your tracks, it's just a matter of them doing enough damage to make tracking them down worth the effort. Right now they're probably just waiting to see if they bored and move on.

Personally this wouldn't be as annoying if it was just Blizzard games, but it seems all the games I enjoy are targets. All the Blizz games, Planetside 2, GW2, and LoL have all been attacked. Even DCUO which isn't even that popular, may have just been a general SOE attack as PS2 was also affected.
    Lizard Squad's calling in a bomb threat and getting a plane rerouted made them a bigger target than just for trying to stop their DDoS. They'll get caught.

And even if it isn't them, it's a matter of time. All of the other groups thought that they wouldn't be found out. Wrong. The more attacks they make, the more people are tracing them.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-26 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm not really up to speed on my international laws and what not, but let's for a moment assume that a DDoS is what's been taking the servers down. If these IP's weren't for some reason hidden behind a proxy (which is stupid) and they came up as foreign, IE China, England, or Afghanistan, how would Law enforcement be able to do anything, I'm pretty sure that's out of their jurisdiction.

Again, not totally up to speed on how all of the foreign affairs stuff works, but I'm curious.

I guess the US could react if it was a matter of national security but I hardly believe that taking Bnet services down is by any means reason for Homeland security to get involved.
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJewishMerp View Post
    I guess the US could react if it was a matter of national security but I hardly believe that taking Bnet services down is by any means reason for Homeland security to get involved.
    Except yknow.. the whole "a plane was grounded because a bomb threat was called in on it"

Lizard Squad, the group responsible for recent DDoS attacks on various gaming servers, confirmed via twitter that some of their own have been caught by the FBI, & recently announced their official disband. This follows ongoing exposure of their personal info from anonymous hackers.

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/08/ddo...ht-and-exposed
    http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ps...ested-already/
    https://twitter.com/LizardSquad/stat...53324972974080
    Last edited by Twerking As Intended; 2014-08-31 at 01:07 AM.