best gaming headset up to $150

I had a g930 in the past and it was pretty good except for the random times it would turn off and on randomly.

Anyone know how any other good headets (with mic) with similar (or better) sound quality?

How are turtle beach and steel series headsets? I saw a lot of turtle beach headsets on sale.

Again, the budget is $150.

Thanks for your help.

Steelseries are usually ok, TB's are usually crap.

Personally, I would get a nice pair of wired headphones(NVX Audio XPT100"]these[/URL] or these) and just grab a clip-on mic or get a desk-mic :P

Though if your dead-set on wireless, these Astros look to be pretty darn good.

And as for them turning off randomly, they usually do that when they are not receiving any sound for X amount of time to make the battery last longer, at least thats what mine do.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mic-or-headset

Practically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    I don't know anything about surround sound headsets but a headset with a mic will always have inferior audio quality compared to regular music headphones for that price point. If you want the convenience to have 2 in 1 go for a headset, if you want quality go for headphones + a separate mic. I've seen quite a few streamers use the yeti mic.

I usually look for audio fidelity from lows mids to highs so I have invested several hundred in a pair of sennheiser, denon, vsonic headphones and a separate mic with the addition of an amp/dac which is pretty much an external sound card. To me listening to music is priority and gaming/movies are secondary. I don't know your budget; there are headphones ranging from $10 to over $1k.
    Sennheiser HD 558 $122.99

Samson Go Mic $35.15

As for an actual headset, http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Spe...keywords=pc350 is likely as good as you will get in the price range. Do note that the impedance sits at a higher-than-average 150Ω.

15+ Year Old Account
    Astro has good headsets that range from 99-299 they are comfortable (which is very important tbh) and have a good mic and sound quality is great to for if you like to watch movies or listen to music, personaly i would go with A40 which cost $159.99 but they are amazing and have good sound quality and come highly recommended by gaming websites.

http://www.astrogaming.com/
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-08-24 at 12:40 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    -snip
    personaly i would go with A40 which cost $159.99 but they are amazing and have good sound quality and come highly recommended by gaming websites.

http://www.astrogaming.com/
    In most of those cases, that is literally paid advertising.

Given the cost, you can do far better then the A40 by purchasing quality headphones and a separate mic (Clip-on, magnetic, desktop) from a legit company that has a history specializing in audio.

By legitimate sound company, I am not referring to any company that advertises "gaming quality" headphones, let alone other gimmicks such as "7.1 surround". M0cha has provided some solid suggestions in this thread and in the one linked. If you have any further questions or concerns, or simply want more input, then I suggest you follow the link in my sig and take a glance at that information.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll make it short and sweet, if you are dead set on picking up headphones.. the only headphones I would ever recommend would be the Sennheiser PC 350 or PC 360, both of which are above your budget.

If you are willing to go the route of pairing headphones with a separate mic, you have far more options given your budget.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    As for an actual headset, http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Spe...keywords=pc350 is likely as good as you will get in the price range. Do note that the impedance sits at a higher-than-average 150Ω.
    Yeah, the Sennheiser PC 350 Special Edition is at a pretty good price and a nice headset. They're also a closed back design if that matters to you (OP).
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-08-24 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    I personally use the G35, best headset I ever had...I'm sure there are plenty good ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Steelseries are usually ok, TB's are usually crap.

Personally, I would get a nice pair of wired headphones(NVX Audio XPT100"]these[/URL] or these) and just grab a clip-on mic or get a desk-mic :P

Though if your dead-set on wireless, these Astros look to be pretty darn good.

And as for them turning off randomly, they usually do that when they are not receiving any sound for X amount of time to make the battery last longer, at least thats what mine do.
    They actually turn off randomly when there's sound, such as in the middle of a raid. That gets pretty annoying.

Thanks for all the replies so far. Will look into them.

And as far as the g35 goes, wouldn't that be the same as a g930?

Quote Originally Posted by gure View Post
    They actually turn off randomly when there's sound, such as in the middle of a raid. That gets pretty annoying.

Thanks for all the replies so far. Will look into them.

And as far as the g35 goes, wouldn't that be the same as a g930?
    The G35 is roughly a G930, but one is cordless, one is corded. Or so I think. There's not much difference in sound fidelity, at least.