Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Allow them, just don't let them have the weapons.

Protection is important, but weapons are mostly attack parts. Most cops can't eve use a regular 9mm, don't allow them to have military weapons
    I will agree with this, seems a lot of the force needs to be "brought up." but in the U.S., I can see why more regular citizens are applying for conceal carry licenses, the NRA are bitches to other carry factions in the U.S. and they still have a lot of power!

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Why are some cops against body cameras? If they don't break the law they have little to fear.
    That should be a requirement. It not only protects them from BS lawsuits it also protects the citizens. At least make it a requirement that it must be turned on during any stop of a citizen not 24/7 on while on duty.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a consequence of our constant warring for the past 13 years. The DoD has to do something with the gear, so they're offloading it on the police.

NYT has a pretty good writeup: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/us...ml?ref=us&_r=3
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Allow them, just don't let them have the weapons.

Protection is important, but weapons are mostly attack parts. Most cops can't eve use a regular 9mm, don't allow them to have military weapons
    Did you logically think before posting or naw? Probably not so let me help >_>

Police officers in the US are trained to uphold the LAW. Once again they are trained to uphold the LAW. Now in order to uphold the law you need to have better weapons than those who are against the law. Thus having a taser and a gun is mandatory because people in the US are allowed to have concealed firearms, if someone is breaking the law and a police officer has NO weapon what do you want them to do? Hide and call for backup and in the meantime let the law breaker do what they want? If so thank god you and those who think like you will never be in a position of power.

The more logical thing to do would be to change HOW police officers are trained and even change their priorities (Protecting people > upholding law). Please never forget that the media will RARELY show good police officers which is a majority of them as that isn't going to generate good publicity and money, a lot and I mean a LOT of the cops you see are the vast minority. Lastly remember police officers are humans like us with family and friends, they aren't meat shields and they aren't the action hero cops you see on movies -.- If you want these types of officers best prepare for a tax increase to train them to be how you want.