Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Have you been in the military? If you had i dont think you would be making this comment, police are FAR more professional when dealing with civilians that military personel are.
    I wouldn't say more professional just different situations. Military are in a war-zone, your practically expected to be shot at any given day a more likely than a cop would.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    What cops are you talking to. All the police officers i know are fully trained on M4 rifles, submachine guns, breaching tactics and the APC vehicles.

Have you been in the military? If you had i dont think you would be making this comment, police are FAR more professional when dealing with civilians that military personel are.

#1 is a flat out lie and #2 is wrong. I would list everyone I know who is in the military, a cop, or retired from one of those but I don't have all night.

Trained with APCs.... One night only or are you here all week?

no more dead cops!!!!!!

Because every other household has some sord of weapon, shotguns, pistols, assult rifles and all is yelling its ther right to store exesive amounts and owerpowered guns for "sellf defende" and you expect police running around with jus a pistols

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    #1 is a flat out lie and #2 is wrong. I would list everyone I know who is in the military, a cop, or retired from one of those but I don't have all night.

Trained with APCs.... One night only or are you here all week?
    How is number one a lie? And trained with APC's = movement and how to deploy from one and use it in the proper situation. Im not talking that every police officer knows how to drive one but the places that i know that have them have people trained on them. Or do you think this is some hillbilly organization that just carrys random hardware and vehicles and people dont know how to use them?

And im sorry but from a life of growing up as a military brat then joining the army myself yeh police are far more tactfull when dealing with civilians than most military personel, keep in mind there is always exceptions to every rule.

The problem is the militarization of the police force. The police using military style gear is only a symptom of that problem. The disease is the mindset of many police officers that the public is their enemy and that their job is to harass, search, detain and arrest as many people as possible. This mindset results from many different things - one of which is literal militarization, as former members of the US military transition into police force jobs without discarding the mindset of the soldier. Cops walking down the street in jungle camouflage strapped down with weapons out of Call of Duty is laughable, but not really the central issue.

I think there would be far fewer riots over things like this if police in the US didn't automatically reach for their guns in every situation. Showing up to a peaceful protest in riot and / or military gear is also bound to piss people off and exacerbate the situation.

Also, some accountability for their actions would probably help in the case of riots, too. I don't think I've ever seen a police shooting ruled "unjustified" or "use of excessive force". It seems like a lot of the police there are only police to get away with killing someone.
    Last edited by dubious_doomhammer; 2014-08-24 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its something some of us have been railing against for years, and we were called delusional conspiracy theorist for it...so they got military equpiment for cheap. Why the fuck does a police department that hasn't had a violent ending in 50+ years need it? Oh, JUST IN CASE? AND THE MONEY IS THERE? Weird!
    You're a towel.

Arm the police like the military and you can expect them to start acting like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seriously been talking about this for years, and nobody cared. Now in this stupid, racially charged case, everyone randomly notices. What a fucking shock. I wonder why a town with 23,000 people whose worst crime in its history is a DUI manslaughter suddenly needs military grade equipment!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Arm the police like the military and you can expect them to start acting like it.
    But did you care five years ago when SOME of us said the arming of police with military grade equipment was ridiculous? "Oh but thats a conspiracy to bring down obama!!!!" right?
    You're a towel.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I think there would be far fewer riots over things like this if police in the US didn't automatically reach for their guns in every situation.
    Yeah cause that wont happen when nearly anyone you talk to can be some crazy wacko

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Showing up to a peaceful protest in riot and / or military gear is also bound to piss people off and exacerbate the situation.
    Because all protests always end up peaceful? If cops come to a protest prepared for a riot, then they reason to believe a riot will happen.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Does this apply to the civilians as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    But did you care five years ago when SOME of us said the arming of police with military grade equipment was ridiculous? "Oh but thats a conspiracy to bring down obama!!!!" right?
    Who the fuck argued that being against the militarization of police is in any way related to a "conspiracy to bring down obama"? What strawman are you beating up?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the public is running around with assault weapons and the like you can't blame the cops for wanting to be prepared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Who the fuck argued that being against the militarization of police is in any way related to a "conspiracy to bring down obama"? What strawman are you beating up?
    what are you talking about? Go back on this forum to 2010. Look at threads talking about why police are getting military equipment. See people saying it is an "attack on obama admin!!!!" because we think it is ridiculous. Call it a strawman again because you absolutely refuse to believe your side could be so ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Its funny how some of us have been saying it for YEARS that this is a problem. If the police HAVE something, they will use something. But we got called out for being shills against Obama because he happened to be president, even though that had nothing to do with it. And now we see this.

honestly its kind of fun seeing the same people that ripped on us, now agreeing with us on it.
    You're a towel.

what are you talking about? Go back on this forum to 2010.
    No, you fucking do it. Or better yet, don't scream at posters from 2010 in a thread in 2014 featuring none of them.

Call it a strawman again because you absolutely refuse to believe your side could be so ignorant.
    It has nothing to do with "my side". I'm not a Democrat or an Obama supporter.

honestly its kind of fun seeing the same people that ripped on us, now agreeing with us on it.
    Quote the posts you're replying to from 2010 and source the context so your claims can be verified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Plus I think things like terrorist intel is a job for the Feds. Cops are more local.
    You say that now but wait until the terrorists attack the pumpkin festival.

10+ Year Old Account
    The really interesting thing is that a lot of the same Libertarian conspiracy loons that want the public to have unfettered access to automatic weapons are the ones complaining that the cops look too militaristic in their body armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you fucking do it. Or better yet, don't scream at posters from 2010 in a thread in 2014 featuring none of them.

It has nothing to do with "my side". I'm not a Democrat or an Obama supporter.
    Yeah, and yet anything that has anything to do with a political issue, you happen to be on "that side" Funny how that works?

I've been saying for fucking years that this increased military equipment for police is not a good thing. back then? I got laughed at. "Who cares! It does not cost much, and they might need it! You are just trying to make (*Whoever is president at the time*) look bad!!!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote the posts you're replying to from 2010 and source the context so your claims can be verified.
    Yeah, its almost like they are not available anymore. ANybody who was here then knows exactly what I am talking about already. The military equip for police was STRONGLY supported on these very forums then. And now? "ITS SO BAD!" by the same fucking people.
    You're a towel.

1911 and m16's hardly count as military grade eqiupment....