Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Survival and haste.

So I'm running BM with haste setup, but I would still like to play Survival from time to time. What other benefits/negatives would there be to using survival with the BM haste setup on my gear? (Other than the obvious loss of crit from the reforging.)

I do it from time to time in flex or heroic scenarios. But I do feel like the dps loss is noticeable in heroic raids. As far as haste affecting the rotation. I don't know it's not a big deal if you use toth you don't cobra a ton anyways.

Deleted
    None, really. It's just lower dps. Sim it and you'll see what difference it makes. I, too, switch to SV from time to time, just for the lolz (and low dps).

Survival stat priority is the exact opposite of BM there will be a noticeable loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Survival stat priority is the exact opposite of BM there will be a noticeable loss.
    Not to nitpick but..

BM Haste>Mastery>Crit
    Surv Crit>Haste>Mastery

Not really exact opposites but there will be a noticeable loss.

I was going to edit my post but on phone so effort XD

Is BM really all that much better than SV? I'm not super geared, and i'm not getting my cloak until next week, but is BM w/ haste that much better?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Yes. It has slightly-ahead single target, and is miles ahead on cleave and AoE. The only place I wouldn't play BM was on a fight with pet pathing issues, and even those can be played against.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yes. It has slightly-ahead single target, and is miles ahead on cleave and AoE. The only place I wouldn't play BM was on a fight with pet pathing issues, and even those can be played against.
    Is there a haste level or ilvl where BM surpasses survival dps? I have some haste pieces sitting in my bags but not sure when you switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Is BM really all that much better than SV? I'm not super geared, and i'm not getting my cloak until next week, but is BM w/ haste that much better?
    That much better? no. but better.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Is there a haste level or ilvl where BM surpasses survival dps? I have some haste pieces sitting in my bags but not sure when you switch.
    once you have cloak basically

Deleted
    SV generally pulls ahead till you get starting getting heroi 4/4 gear, at which point BM catches up and overtakes it.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    SV generally pulls ahead till you get starting getting heroi 4/4 gear, at which point BM catches up and overtakes it.
    what even?

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    SV pulls ahead until SoO normal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    SV pulls ahead until SoO normal gear.
    So like 557, getting cloak next week, I should stick with BM? I know only sims will show the difference but it "feels" better than SV.

So like 557, getting cloak next week, I should stick with BM? I know only sims will show the difference but it "feels" better than SV.
    Just play either really. At equal skill level, BM is 5-10% better depending on gear setup. If you are good and have fun with SV, then stay SV, nobody is forcing you to go BM.

Well I kinda dig BM because of the pets. I like the playstyle of SV a tiny bit more, but I really, really like my green core hound haha.

Well regardless, play what you want since you aren't competing for world first or anything.

Deleted
    BM is better than SV in any AOE situation and better single target once you have the legendary cloak and meta (assuming 550+)