Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Im getting overweight and I can say people harass me on a daily basis because of it... so I don't see how only fat women get ashamed because of weight. What I can say is women appears to get easily offended by that more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenthiel View Post
    You know how on the internet, nerds treat women horribly? Judgy, mean, self-important observations... Most of the sciences are run by nerds. It has been changing, but it's still pretty bad and a lot of why sciences are so hostile to women.

The point is, it's PRIMARY. It colors everything else, in really unfair, messed up ways.
    Well, so long as you say it's so, it must be. I'm not exactly sure how it is that those mean ol' nerds go about determining what the authors of papers look like, but I guess they just hate fat people that much.

im only slightly overweight and i get shit for being "fat" erry day, and i am male. i have no fucking idea what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by UniBlue View Post
    I whole-heartedly disagree OP. A great example would be a previous Prime Minister in Sweden. He was male and fat. I never, literally never heard anyone speak bad of him because of his politics. It was always just people making fun out of him being fat. If its so accepted for men to be fat why was that the first thing people mentioned when his name was brought up?
    It's normal for men to be 30-50 pounds overweight, after that they get picked on. Also he's the PM, which kind of suggests it's really not that important in that situation AT ALL.

Closing this thread. The discussion is not proving to be productive so much as arguing opinions.