Help with an upgrade!

Hello,

I'll start this by saying I don't know much about how to put a computer together. I figure it costs just as much to put one together yourself these days as it does to simply buy a computer off a website where you put it together online. Regardless, my current machine is going on 5 years (it might already be, I can't remember purchase date) and it's starting to show.

I would like to be able to play WoW on Ultra settings, but I'll take High settings if I can't get that far. I also play other games, but most are not very graphic intensive. The last game I played that was intensive was probably Bioshock Infinite. I also play around with web development if that makes any difference. Mostly coding programs, but nothing that really affects my graphics. I suppose I just want a good amount of storage.

My current make is as follows (let me know if more info is needed and how I can find it on my comp):

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
    RAM: 8.00 GB
    System Type: 64-bit OS (Windows 7 Home Premium)
    Graphics: AMD Radeon 7800 Series

My graphics card causes some pretty big fragment issues. I get random black spikes all over my screen and discolored squares. Sometimes it gets really bad and I can't even see what I am doing. WoW is the only game this has actually happened in, but I do get graphic lag in other games as well. I am looking to spend about $1,000 or upwards of $1,500 if needed. I paid $2,000 for this machine when I bought it (I feel like a derp now because I know it was not worth that much) and feel $1,000-$1,500 is justified. Thank you for your help!

Deleted
    I figure it costs just as much to put one together yourself these days as it does to simply buy a computer off a website where you put it together online.
    No it's definitely cheaper building it yourself and (or) you get much better quality part and performance for your money.

I'd suggest a build like this (OS is ~$90 if you need a new license):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($224.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($69.30 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($284.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($66.66 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($13.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1094.88
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-24 11:15 EDT-0400

If you're looking for a new 1080p monitor I suggest getting this IPS:

Dell P2414H $200

Thank you! Very reasonable price and the video will help me a lot when I get to putting it altogether! If anyone else has suggestions, please post and let me know.

Deleted
    What else are you looking for?

Anything specific that concerns you or that you have questions about?