Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    what do you want to know?

the game makes 0 sense. 0 competitiveness, 0 tactics, 0 thought, 0 strategy. it's just 1 big clusterfuck of casual gaming. if you want casual, you play LoL.
    I feel the same way about Hots right now.I tried it.20 games and then i went back to dota 2.Removing the deny mechanic lol just lol.I didn't like also that if there is 4 levels between the teams the losing one will receive a free boost to levels....Now it is another thing that i play from a decade Dota so i'm more used to it.
    Last edited by deragot7; 2014-08-27 at 03:44 PM.

the game makes 0 sense. 0 competitiveness, 0 tactics, 0 thought, 0 strategy. it's just 1 big clusterfuck of casual gaming. if you want casual, you play LoL.
    Technical alphas that don't have everything implemented = full game apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Technical alphas that don't have everything implemented = full game apparently.
    so they're gonna add gold, last hits, denies, ally denies, etc? i dont think so

so they're gonna add gold, last hits, denies, ally denies, etc? i dont think so
    Is it a full game yet?

Sadly I have to side with Floopa. The game is a nice idea, it has potential but right now it falls short even for an alpha. It is not complete yet but it looks like the only things missing are ranked play and some heroes but it ain't gonna save it.

anyone complaining about not having the alpha: Stop the hype right now, your hopes are too high and you'll hit a brick wall of deception. UNLESS there's major changes coming or something.

I believe that only playing the game a handful of times is feedback in of itself

LOL bitchy little gamers overusing the word "disgusting" like the drama queens they are. Yes, that's disgusting. Using hyperbole like that is pathetic. Downright pathetic.

not using something free = stealing

okay bro
    It is. You're stealing it from someone who would have actually used it. Someone who is worthy and actually a nice person, unlike you, who cares about no one but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    It is. You're stealing it from someone who would have actually used it. Someone who is worthy and actually a nice person, unlike you, who cares about no one but yourself.
    i got given it because im friends with someone who works at blizzard?

i dislike the game and think it's trash = im a selfish person and unworthy. Kappa

do you want my hots beta? i'd gladly give it to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    When you check those boxes, you are playing to give back FEEDBACK, NOT to try out the game. You wanna try out the game? Wait till it's live. Alpha/Beta is for those who wish to test out the game, give feedback, and improve the game overall.
    WRONG - Its a game in developement, so you sign up to try out the game by - oh surprise! - PLAYING it and then perhaps you give feedback. But noone can force you to do the last. stop being an envy kid just cause u got zero invites.

i have an alpha invite and the game is complete vomit.

it's terrible. i played maybe 2-3 games with folks from skype and holy shit the game is so bad/boring

i can't imagine why people would play this over dota 2...

Why this game is bad and boring?
    I think like farming gold for 15 minutes is boring...

@Damax
    I haven't read Your whole replies to the topic, but let me get to the discussion, I'd love to.

I am playing only competetive games only. Only. And since three weeks I have the alpha to HotS and I love the game.
    Previously I have been playing Dota, Heroes of Newerth, Dota2 (as moba games), I have also tried LoL in the past, but it was too, hm, candy for me, it was looking like a game for small kids, with that colorful stuff around and everywhere and also I did not have time to learn up all the new characters so I just passed.
    I also have been to few Dreamhacks to watch how the superior teams of Dota2 are fighting each other. And I am sorry to admin it, but in two games I have almost fell asleep. When there was no action, players farming and trying to not get caught by the opposite team, commentators were trying to entertain the viewers.. Anyways in those 15-20 minutes of boring I started to yawn and I felt my heavy eyes coming on. I just stood up and went to watch Hearthstone instead.

Please keep in mind that Heroes of the Storm is totally different than all the mobas out there (D2/LoL/HoN):
    • Yes, it is slower. As a previous D2/HoN gamer I can say that the game is even easier than the other. But Blizzard has done it with premeditation for the new players that will get to the game.
    • For now, we have 4 maps, Blizzard annouced that they want 6-8 maps - You won't get bored with one, the same sh!t map all the time. I was vomiting about it in D2/HoN. In addition, the map totally changes Your playstyle with even the same hero (and talent changes). This is HUGE.
    • Games in HotS are much, much quicker than in other games, which in my opinion is a huge plus!
    • Talents - I believe I don't have to explain You that? Many, many, many more choices than item build.
    • And much more funnier/entertaining to watch (imho) - there is ALWAYS an action going on, because You have a timer on the objectives on each map, so if You will not do them - the other team will and will easily crash You.

The competetive play still is being "hard".
    Please check Khaldor's channel, he is commenting on the HotS games (the competetive play has already started, FYI) -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Pkzq0-VpE

Also good one to watch is that move:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my83cj7VcX4

In all moba games - You need to have 3-4 other players that You can play and communicate with. You can forget about casual games in it. I mean, You can play casually, but then it's a waste of time, because of the random players and they superb tactics will screw Your game and make You loose. Just like in other moba games.
    The other thing I don't really like in the game is - You play the game as best as You can with Your team, You're winning it for most of the time, but then, one, *small* failure in the game may have You loose. But it happens in all moba, though.

And most important - this is STILL alpha (!!!). You will see that this game will be an instant hit. Also in eSports.
    Remember - Blizzard does not sh!t games and if that happens they change it in the next coming patches ;-)

Cheers,
    Eroth

I am a menace to my own destiny.

This is just so beyond ridiculous I don't know where to begin. No one is obligated to play a bad moba just because they got an alpha invite. I gave plenty of feedback before I uninstalled this shit, but honestly, they won't be listening to any of it. Why? Because a lot of the things I think are bad about this game are *design choices*

Towers having ammo? I think it's dumb, but it won't be changing
    No gold so everyone's Hero turns out the same in the end? Design choice, won't be changing
    No last hits/denys to make each wave more interesting? Design choice.

People can say "but it's an alpha" all they want, but Blizzard is aiming for a casual moba, and as such I highly doubt any of the above changes. Heck, going for the casual market is probably a good idea, with their IP Blizzard is gonna sell tons of shit in the cash shop. But for veteran moba players like myself? There's no reason to play this over Smite/Dota2/LoL..... Heck I'd go back to Dota1 before I reinstalled this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazai4548 View Post
    It is their fault. Signing up for Alpha JUST to play the game (to test an unfinished game mind you) and drop it without helping Blizzard with any feedback is pointless. If he thought it was cool and didn't want to help blizzard he could of waited for release (for the polish game) and allow people who would WILL provide feedback a chance to get in instead of wasting invite.

This has been a problem with past WoW beta test. People just sign up to play the game instead of TESTING it and when the game is released we get a whole bunch of bugs, scaling issues, and weird drop rates. Those people who got INVITED but didn't provide any feedback what so ever complain and attack Blizzard for it.
    Take a chill pill bro, By ticking the box it doesn't mean raising your right hand and swearing that you will play this alpha/beta to the fullest expert testing methods and all that crap. Ticking the box means (like it or not) trying out the alpha/beta and THEN if you feel like doing so (and If you actually care for the game's well being) and ONLY then would you provide feedback etc.

Did you just describe LFR?

- - - Updated - - -

I kind of think that the reason Heroes seems like a cluster fuck, is because the majority of the people playing have no idea how a Moba works.
    Beta club member

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    If someone ticks the box to get an alpha invite to HoTS thinking "hey this looks pretty cool I wanna try that" and they don't like what they're playing, how are they at fault? It's just not the game they thought it was, that's not the player's fault.
    I didn't even do that I checked my preferences and it was not checked on mine and I still got a first wave invite. I played for about 30 minutes like 4 months ago and said yep it's a Blizzard version of LoL and proceeded to uninstall it and haven't played since. If it were up to me I would be more than have given the key to someone who likes games like LoL as it's a complete waste on me.

You guys who got an invite and barely played are disgusting. Seriously. You're literally stealing from the rest of the world that actually want to play the game.
    LOL, grow up. You think they don't monitor the actual amount of players? Someone's just upset that their key hasn't come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You are way too mad bro. I guess I stole your invite then even though...

Just to prove I have it...

As you can see it's not even installed

Deleted
    Got invited 2 days ago, game is boring and so easy to play, zero tactics, just spam your abilities on top of other heroes and hope that your team does the same, if you do it first you win else you lose.

Master,

I'd Iove to see Your games, as I totally disagree with Your statement.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    When you check those boxes, you are playing to give back FEEDBACK, NOT to try out the game. You wanna try out the game? Wait till it's live. Alpha/Beta is for those who wish to test out the game, give feedback, and improve the game overall.
    I think we all know that nowadays that's not what people understand Alpha and Beta to be. People look at it as a free demo of the game that they can then go talk about on unrelated forums, either to complain or to praise. Just look at early access on Steam, people PAY to participate in this things, and still the majority of them don't provide feedback or attempt to help the developers. Alpha/Beta access should be limited to those who will actually test, and if the person who gets access fails to provide said feedback the access should be revoked. Blizzard is a super huge company with thousands (millions?) of players "testing" their games, so I doubt they can be bothered to take the time to do that.

While we're at it, the whole "Early Access" trend on Steam needs to go die.