Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I think we all know that nowadays that's not what people understand Alpha and Beta to be. People look at it as a free demo of the game that they can then go talk about on unrelated forums, either to complain or to praise. Just look at early access on Steam, people PAY to participate in this things, and still the majority of them don't provide feedback or attempt to help the developers. Alpha/Beta access should be limited to those who will actually test, and if the person who gets access fails to provide said feedback the access should be revoked. Blizzard is a super huge company with thousands (millions?) of players "testing" their games, so I doubt they can be bothered to take the time to do that.

While we're at it, the whole "Early Access" trend on Steam needs to go die.
    if they ever gonna do that they will also have to severely cut the number of invites that go out in order to monitor who's giving feedback and who's not.
    They simply go by huge numbers. "if I invite 100.000 and only 10% gives feedback still good enough"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    if they ever gonna do that they will also have to severely cut the number of invites that go out in order to monitor who's giving feedback and who's not.
    That's exactly right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Agreed. The guy complaining about it needs to get the stick out of his butt for not getting an invite and thinking he's something special because he ranks in LoL.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I wanted to test it, tried playing it for several weeks, but just could not get in to it because of how it lacks almost any guidance at all. It basically became just random people on a team running around doing whatever the hell they wanted with no teamwork to be had. From the start it was a toxic environment in the players assuming you should just know how to play from day one without ever having even seen that style of game. That seems to be common though from what I see from LoL as well.

So, to the guy complaining, I got a key, and it's going to sit and rot as well. I also wish I could trade it in for a WOD beta key, because then I might actually be able to play, test, and give feedback on something instead of only being able to tell Blizzard one thing and that is, "This game needs more guidance."
    So.... It's just like WoW PvP too? I played a 85-89 BG tonight and it was pretty much just like you described. And when I piped up to say "hey guys, maybe we should do this" or call out an incoming- I got bitched at.

The BG was EotS...

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i got given it because im friends with someone who works at blizzard?

i dislike the game and think it's trash = im a selfish person and unworthy. Kappa

do you want my hots beta? i'd gladly give it to you.
    hey dude,having an opinion doesnt make you unworthy wtf. Probably just raging ppl cause they didnt get invited - which brings me to the topic. If you are still giving it away, would you give it to me? I'd love to try it. Have been following it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    They simply go by huge numbers. "if I invite 100.000 and only 10% gives feedback still good enough"
    if everyone who got it gives feedback you would have lesser chance of getting in since they would most likely already have their little crew of feedback masters and invite only a 100.

except THEY NEED to go by huge numbers anyway. they need numbers to test server load and they need feedback from everybody no matter what their reason for checking the heroes of the storm beta opt in.

I've already filled a feedback form on the official website however the game is just not addictive right now but I still blame the alpha state of the game.

It just isn't that good. besides giving feedback here is just as working as the official forums since blues do lurk around here and its been proven many times that they do. They have accounts and all but they are not interfering to get players to players feedback and not whining players to blizzard feedbacks.