Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Evolution of Jaina Proudmore in WOD

Hi guys

So, how is the character development for Jaina in WOD?

- Pre-mop: ambassador of peace
    - Theramore: affected by the focusing iris wanted to slaughter every orc and almost killed every citizen in orgrimmar
    - Start of MOP: after talking with Kalec, has no real trust for the horde but has some hope for peace again
    - After betrayal of the sunreaver: Mad, illogical warmonger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2pATQJmLw

After garrosh's trial, has she come to her senses again?
    How is her relationship with Kalec?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Pretty much back to pre-purge again.
    I just want her to go crazy again so we can kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Hi guys

So, how is the character development for Jaina in WOD?

- Pre-mop: ambassador of peace
    - Theramore: affected by the focusing iris wanted to slaughter every orc and almost killed every citizen in orgrimmar
    - Start of MOP: after talking with Kalec, has no real trust for the horde but has some hope for peace again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2pATQJmLw

After garrosh's trial, has she come to her senses again?
    How is her relationship with Kalec?

it's actually more along the lines she does not care for the horde anymore after trial and just wants to be with kalec.

aka she is neither a peace lover or a warmonger and just wants love/be alone aka maybe we might see a more fleshed out kalec jaina relationship so maybe she gets preg? to expand story as blizzard will need new characters from the current coming out and we got thralls child in play and anduin growing fast. so why not give jaina her own with kalec. we also go the blood elf orphan and dreanei in the children week quest with hints of a future main character.

maybe we will see anduin with some female chaarcter

And is this in WOD or the book ^^?
    Me happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Me happy!
    Oh women the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how Jaina's personality can now be interpreted.

Jaina went from being a well rounded character, to becoming what I refer to as a plothole filler. She is now a character whos personality can be altered to fit the situation the developers need her for. I mean given the direction of the games lore its no surprise, since all blizzard does now is adapting the story around the players avatar instead of building up well thought out characters, so Jaina having no stable personality is just par for the course.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me happy!
    mostly book. though by judging by voice files she has a part to play in Wod

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    since all blizzard does now is adapting the story around the players avatar instead of building up well thought out characters
    that's how its always has been and always will be. The game is played from your toons perspective.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Khadgar mocking her leadership and doing a better job of sorting things out then she can, just to rub salt in the wound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    that's how its always has been and always will be. The game is played from your toons perspective.
    Not as much as it does now. It really has become a case now that before wow the characters were built up as having their own story. Into wow they still had that, up until the end of wrath, when the developers began to think 'lets make the focus of the lore based around the players avatar and how that works around the lore figures'. Nowadays you can't do anything without 'the heroes' being part of lore characters adventures.

Jaina is just a prop now for players.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is how Jaina's personality can now be interpreted.

Jaina went from being a well rounded character, to becoming what I refer to as a plothole filler. She is now a character whos personality can be altered to fit the situation the developers need her for. I mean given the direction of the games lore its no surprise, since all blizzard does now is adapting the story around the players avatar instead of building up well thought out characters, so Jaina having no stable personality is just par for the course.
    The same as Garrosh.

Anyway, I used to like Jaina in WC3, don't like her anymore, would honestly like for her to be offed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    The same as Garrosh.

Anyway, I used to like Jaina in WC3, don't like her anymore, would honestly like for her to be offed.
    Well, thats what Garrosh was like, but now he's gone over to full villain side.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    She was never well rounded, She was peace no matter the cost which is absolutely far from well rounded.

Deleted
    Honestly, no clue what will happen to her, but if she goes back to being peace at all costs, it would make no sense. It made at least a tiny bit of sense for her to go berserk after seeing her kingdom be destroyed and then her next kingdom used in the Alliance-Horde war, but it would make no sense for her to go back to being ... well, essentially Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    She was never well rounded, She was peace no matter the cost which is absolutely far from well rounded.
    shush old dog, now go sit next to your superior with the big chin.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    mostly book. though by judging by voice files she has a part to play in Wod

- - - Updated - - -

Care to link those voice files? I know Khadgar doesn't care much for her and her orders and pretty much says 'What ya gonna do about it, bitch?' Are you referring to that or does Jaina actually have any voice files herself?

I wouldn't really expect Jaina to see much more character development until a South Seas expansion where they introduce Kul'tiras, she is basically the Princess of Kul'tiras and it would be interesting to see where Blizzard takes that.
    You just lost The Game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Are you referring to that or does Jaina actually have any voice files herself?
    She does. They're part of the legendary quest chain
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHM4rX1xDI

Horde characters go on a rampage, killing, invading and what not, but it's cool. Jaina does it once = mad, warmonger? Seriously, Horde would be just getting what they had done before.

Also, to keep things clear, what happened in Dalaran during 5.1, the Purge, was mass imprisioning, not complete mass murder, to make sure people didn't misunderstand what really happened there.

So, please, the only moment Jaina could be considered to be overreacting was during Tides of War, in which she was going to drown the whole city, including people that could be considered innocent. Although, they kinda had it coming by supporting Garrosh or simply doing nothing to stop him until he began to harm the Horde itself with his ambitions.

My problem with Jaina in MoP is that she had a stand when it comes to the Horde, still, the entire Alliance are taken as brainless idiots who follow Varian and Anduin as if they had mind control powers. Her character was also left aside to make Varian mister Horde lover agenda successful and... so the Horde doesn't really loses anything in MoP.

In the future, I just see more neutral plot coming from Alliance, while Horde attacks or just come out as betters in the story. Jaina will be left aside, ignored, antagonized in order to justify Horde aggression or... turned into Varian pretty servant, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina's thing as of War Crimes' resolution is that she just feels incredibly done with all the faction politics, and I don't blame her. Dealing with the Alliance and Horde probably feels like trying to coordinate a game of Call of Duty with complete strangers. It's also worth noting that, aside from her absolute bottom point in the middle of a massive mental breakdown and the gigantic cockup that was Dalaran, she still strove for peace (in a roundabout fashion, seeing an Alliance victory and annexing the Horde as the only way to attain it).

Come WoD, we have bigger fish to fry when the Iron Horde swings by and decides they'd like to crash on our pad (and take it over for themselves). I'm willing to put money on the faction hostilities plot being relegated to fighting over resources in Ashran (or whatever we're fighting for there). As things stand, we've got the Iron Horde to worry about, and by the time they're not public enemy #1 anymore, sounds like the Legion's gonna swing by and remind everyone they're still here.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Imprisoning members of an organization that's compromised by radicals supporting a man hellbent on the genocide of every single one of her allies = illogical warmongering. Top kek.

Can't say I'm happy about her character arc, it's okay for her to change but it was too big a swerve really. I hope they don't continue to give her the idiot ball Varian used to hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.