Poll: Shaman Tank Spec?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Should Shaman get a tank spec?

In my opinion- yes, in classic we used to use 2h and we were quite tanky.
    Don't get me wrong I love my Enh Shammy but I also love to tank while I hate by healer and range dps- being over and over only one role in one spec for years- not so much fun, is it? And I know ppl that love Enh playstyle, but they wont main it because there is no tank spec.
    And I started to wonder if it's just me and my friends or there is more ppl that think the same way.

so when a mage feels the same they should get tank spec too? honestly this what twinks are for
    enhance tank abilities are a relict of vanilla and they were sorted out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardo79 View Post
    being over and over only one role in one spec for years- not so much fun, is it?
    This is what alts and rerolls are for? They're not just going to say "Enhance, Elemental and Resto are all they've add forever - time to spice things up!" and add a tanking spec. If you want to play a tank.... roll a tank O_o There are plenty to choose from.

Do they feel the same? In my opinion their specs are the most different in all dps classes. Also mage is a pure dps class not a hybrid.

Zeruge- I see you miss the part when I said I love my Shammy? also I just like to have some versatility, when a main tank wont come in to the raid I would like to replace him rather then just being a fish and doing nothing while waiting for other tank- and alts? Don't know how it will be in wod, but if it will be just like in mop- then there will be no place for alts for some patches...
    Last edited by Bernardo79; 2014-08-21 at 11:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion- yes, in classic we used to use 2h and we were quite tanky.
    Don't get me wrong I love my Enh Shammy but I also love to tank while I hate by healer and range dps- being over and over only one role in one spec for years- not so much fun, is it? And I know ppl that love Enh playstyle, but they wont main it because there is no tank spec.
    And I started to wonder if it's just me and my friends or there is more ppl that think the same way.

IMO, No...Do this and everyone will want a tank spec for their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support 4th specs myself, and shamans could pseudo tank in Vanilla.

Maybe not an out right tank spec, but maybe a hybrid tank spec similar to what feral druids had pre MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe add hybrid tank spec to the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    they had one in vanilla iirc
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

No, they shouldn't.

In terms of lore, and story, sure, it'd be awesome them using Earthern Elements to defend themselves, but in practical use in WoW, it's probably be a rather poor idea.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    IMO, No...Do this and everyone will want a tank spec for their class.
    Not all classes are a hybrid- and especially not all classes are THAT hybrid as Shaman is (healer, range and melee).

Hyve- why do you think so? In that situation all specs would master an element (resto-water, ele-fire, enh-storm/wind, tank-earth).
    Last edited by Bernardo79; 2014-08-21 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they got 2H weapons for enhancement back than got a tank spec.

The problem is gear diversity. Blizzard doesn't seem to want things like Holy Paladins using 2H weapons or Enhancement Shamans with 2H maces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all classes are a hybrid- and especially not all classes are THAT hybrid as Shaman is (healer, range and melee).

Hyve- why do you think so? In that situation all specs would master an element (resto-water, ele-fire, enh-storm/wind, tank-earth).
    That's not what hybrid means. Hybrid means the ability to perform more than one role at the same time. Enhancement and elemental off-healing are examples.

Deleted
    Zeruge- I see you miss the part when I said I love my Shammy?
    I love my rogue, can I get a healer spec on that too please?

The moral of the story is - no, the classes that perform their roles do so for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    That's not what hybrid means. Hybrid means the ability to perform more than one role at the same time. Enhancement and elemental off-healing are examples.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Hybrid_class
    Nowadays is more straightforward, but pls do not make offtop.

I'm suprised that there is more "no"- is it bad to love your class and wish it to have more specs? We really deserve it guys

Zeruge- then what do you do on Shaman forum then, huh? Also you are a pure dps class, sorry :/

No and stop bringing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I love my rogue, can I get a healer spec on that too please?

The moral of the story is - no, the classes that perform their roles do so for a reason.
    Rogues haven't had significant amount of development towards healing in vanilla, with talents being maintained until cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I don`t mind, if Elemental Shaman may tank in after WoD. Druids can, why not Shamans tank.. Beside, Elemental and Enhanancement are both ranged.. SO WHY NOT!!!!!

100 percent they should ..... the game needs more tanks, its an easy do with their arms spec, druid has 4 trees why cant the shaman have 4 trees? I also think the hunter should as well ... make it a hunter pet tank tree and spend the time and make it awesome

Deleted
    I used to off-tank in BWL at Nefarian (at the right door). Was fun. Would do again.

We have a shield, let us use it as a real defensive option.

Deleted
    Wouldn't mind a Tanking spec with "Earth Elemental" Flavour.