1. #1

    Tanks now take 25% additional damage while engaged in PvP combat

    Should we be worried to pvp has Blood? Its a bit sad

  2. #2
    Blizzard has addressed the reasoning behind this many times. Many people wanted tanking specs to be viable in pvp but the trend was they were invincible in arena scenarios which isnt a fun game to play for either side. On top of this most tank specs have a ton of lockdown which lent itself to very frustrating arena. To counter this and to try to make tanks more viable they are trying to make tanks less "invincible gods" so that you can keep some of your lockdown and still be a "tank" but not be invincible. This also allows tanks to actually have some dmg without being overpowered in pvp. ( if you have played on the beta even with the 25% dmg tanks are still pretty much invincible so i would be too worried)

  3. #3
    I believe the Healing reduction is going away, so your healing will increase.
    Conversion goes down from 3% to 2%, but it should be as powerful as it is on live.
    It won't fully compensate for 25% damage, but it will be close.
    As of now, assuming it's a worst case scenario of having a rogue on me, from 3-4 players I can get worried, I could survive up to 7 with good chances. Assuming they're toughies. If they're not toughies, I think I held off 12 at a time according to others.
    In WoD, I predict it might be possible to be bursted by two players, but could keep about 5 busy, and even more if they aren't toughies! ^.^
    1vs1 will remain pretty hopeless, unless the item difference is huge.

    Also Blood does much more damage! Although Necrotic Strike is gone, dancing Rune Weapon burst will be quite something to be worried about!

    EDIT: Also Disarm is going away, and that is pretty preeetty huge, though DK gets much more susceptible to Silence attacks. But a lot of those are going away too!
    Last edited by Diezel; 2014-08-24 at 08:14 PM.

  4. #4
    There is no way you can hold off 3 - 4 players if they are good. You certainly did not hold off 7 or 12.

    You will not be able to keep five people off you in WoD. Where are you getting this ridiculous information from?
    Dancing Rune Weapon is already something to worry about with Necrotics at the moment. -.-

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraychicken View Post
    Blizzard has addressed the reasoning behind this many times. Many people wanted tanking specs to be viable in pvp but the trend was they were invincible in arena scenarios which isnt a fun game to play for either side.
    Yet they allow 3+ healers in 10man BGs/RBGs, and DPS/healer vs DPS/healer 2's is still a thing.

    Trying to kill tanks is far less irritating than 3 healers on a FC, and massively less irritating than running around pillars for 10 minutes in 2's.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    As of now, assuming it's a worst case scenario of having a rogue on me, from 3-4 players I can get worried, I could survive up to 7 with good chances. Assuming they're toughies. If they're not toughies, I think I held off 12 at a time according to others.
    In WoD, I predict it might be possible to be bursted by two players, but could keep about 5 busy, and even more if they aren't toughies! ^.^
    I killed an entire RBG team just by scowling at them. But they weren't toughies. If they were toughies my necrotic strikes would only absorb 50 billion healing instead of the usual 50 trillion, and my DoTs only tick for 500k/sec, so I could probably only kill half a rated RBG team, and it would still take a good 3-4 seconds.

  6. #6
    In Cataclysm my Blood DK could troll a base in Tol Barad by myself for minutes before dying. We are working to avoid that.

  7. #7
    Conversion goes down from 3% to 2%, but it should be as powerful as it is on live
    It also costs 20 runic power per second in WoD instead of the usual 5 per second in MoP. I'm no expert on DK, especially blood, so I don't know how much runic power you can generate per second in PvP, but I doubt you can keep it going like DK's do in MoP.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Yet they allow 3+ healers in 10man BGs/RBGs, and DPS/healer vs DPS/healer 2's is still a thing.

    Trying to kill tanks is far less irritating than 3 healers on a FC, and massively less irritating than running around pillars for 10 minutes in 2's.
    Yeah, they've tried hard to keep tanks out of PvP this xpac. The very same xpac in which they roll out the current talent grid giving healers more control and utility than ever before... I finally gave up on PvP with MoP. And I'm a happier person because of it.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    It also costs 20 runic power per second in WoD instead of the usual 5 per second in MoP. I'm no expert on DK, especially blood, so I don't know how much runic power you can generate per second in PvP, but I doubt you can keep it going like DK's do in MoP.
    If i remember correctly, its 20 per sec for Frost, 15 per sec for unholy, and 10 per sec for blood.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If i remember correctly, its 20 per sec for Frost, 15 per sec for unholy, and 10 per sec for blood.
    It has been change drastically since those numbers. It is now 30/10/20 for blood, frost, unholy, respectively.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    It has been change drastically since those numbers. It is now 30/10/20 for blood, frost, unholy, respectively.
    Damn.

    Now Blood only has 1 useful talent in that tree, unless the healing dealt by Death Siphon is 80% or more of DS healing.

    A shame, really.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Yeah, they've tried hard to keep tanks out of PvP this xpac. The very same xpac in which they roll out the current talent grid giving healers more control and utility than ever before... I finally gave up on PvP with MoP. And I'm a happier person because of it.
    I gave up in cata. Until the special case everything for PvP and PvE differences the game will never truly be balanced. I did try PvPing again during MoP at some point and got so frustrated that I just said fuck it this isn't worth playing if I am going to get that frustrated. I will give it a try again in WoD if I get it, but with how poor the class feels DPS wise(between number tuning for unholy, and speed for frost) currently on beta I am probably going to pass to play better games like Destiny or anything that pretty much comes out between September and November.

    I just don't get why they want to remove tanks from PvP. The point of a tank in PvP is to be an annoyance until your team can back you up. Some people like playing like that, and instead of opting for a game style that is fun for some...they opt to the people bitching about the play style and nerf it.

  13. #13
    Epic! Tucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,570
    I miss WoTLK prot pvp with 2 piece t7.5 on my warrior with half the horde team on me in wsg and still winning. I still have fraps of me just 1 shotting people. That being said, I fucking hated/hate Blood and tanks in general in pvp. Especially back in Cata. Omfg the nightmare that was Blood. Brb unkillable, brb more damage than any dps, brb more healing than any healer and more absorbs than a priest.

    and fuck that parry.
    i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz | GTX 670 SLI OC | 8gb DDR3 1600 | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | X-Fi Platinum | 1+3TB WD Caviar Black | EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 | LG M2762D-PM 27" 1080p | Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 | CM Stacker STC-T01 | Razer Naga/Logitech MX-518 | Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Red | Logitech G330/Audio-Technica ATH-M50

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I miss WoTLK prot pvp with 2 piece t7.5 on my warrior with half the horde team on me in wsg and still winning. I still have fraps of me just 1 shotting people. That being said, I fucking hated/hate Blood and tanks in general in pvp. Especially back in Cata. Omfg the nightmare that was Blood. Brb unkillable, brb more damage than any dps, brb more healing than any healer and more absorbs than a priest.

    and fuck that parry.
    If you're melee against blood back in cata then yea you had no chance. Ranged had no excuse to complain about blood DK. DKs were and still are one of the easiest classes to kite.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •