Smile Difference between Wolves and Worgs?

What's the real difference between wolves and worgs? What do orcs ride, wolves or worgs? Mean some sources say they ride Dire Wolves, while other sources say they ride Worgs?
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2014-08-24 at 05:53 PM.

First, Orcas don't ride either, they live in the ocean

From Wowwiki: Worgs are cunning predators closely related to wolves, but larger and with greater intelligence. They grow 10 feet long and weigh over 1000 pounds. It goes on to state that they are used as mounts by some tribes.
    In DnD Worgs are magically infused wolves.

Also from wowwiki: Dire wolves look like normal wolves, but these creatures are nearly twice the size. These powerful beasts, 8-9 feet long and weighing 600-800 pounds, are the most well-known orc mounts.

I would take this to mean that some tribes ride Worgs and some tribes ride Dire Wolves.

that is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    First, Orcas don't ride either, they live in the ocean

From Wowwiki: Worgs are cunning predators closely related to wolves, but larger and with greater intelligence. They grow 10 feet long and weigh over 1000 pounds. It goes on to state that they are used as mounts by some tribes.
    In DnD Worgs are magically infused wolves.

Also from wowwiki: Dire wolves look like normal wolves, but these creatures are nearly twice the size. These powerful beasts, 8-9 feet long and weighing 600-800 pounds, are the most well-known orc mounts.

I would take this to mean that some tribes ride Worgs and some tribes ride Dire Wolves.
    Sorry, I corrected it, it's my stupid spell correct. I meant to say orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

that is all.
    Funny, I corrected it. I meant orcs not orcas.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2014-08-24 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What's the real difference between wolves and worgs? What do orcs ride, wolves or worgs? Mean some sources say they ride Dire Wolves, while other sources say they ride Worgs?
    Theyre just like regular wolves, only really dire which is basically the same thing as worg. It's kinda like some like to call fire breathing giant lizards dragons and some like to call them worms(they aren't even pink and slimy most of the time).

Generally speaking:

Wolf

Worg

While they look alike, Wolves are generally the dog sized variety while Worgs are giant mount sized wolves.
    You just lost The Game

This is extremely informative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgs are larger, much smarter and meaner, making them ideal war beasts. They tend to feature more pronounced lower canines than regular wolves (The Northrend variety feature larger upper canines, much like a sabertooth cat)

Dire Wolves are like regular wolves, only larger and more dire. They also seem to only be native to Outland-- they're what the Frostwolves tamed/befriended.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Theyre just like regular wolves, only really dire which is basically the same thing as worg. It's kinda like some like to call fire breathing giant lizards dragons and some like to call them worms(they aren't even pink and slimy most of the time).
    Wyrms you mean but yeah wyrms (depending on source) are just really old dragons though some are portrayed as wingless, snake-like dragons.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2014-08-25 at 04:52 AM.

Generally speaking, Worgs are magic intelligent creatures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    some are portrayed as wingless, snake-like dragons.
    Cloud serpents.