Is it possible to remote play? (TV question)

Hello

This question is not really relevant to computers but I don't think there's a forum it fits better.

I am in the process of moving, and I bought a new television for my living room. it is Sony KDL60W605 (it is what's called "Smart TV" or something).

In my room, i have the television philips 42 inch pfl6008h, which is also a Smart TV. To this television, i have a PlayStation 4 that is physically connected to it via and HDMI cable.

Here is my question.

Suppose I want to play my PlayStation 4 (or PC for the matter) on the TV that is in the living room (The new Sony). Do I physically need to move it and connect it? or is there a way to somehow use the Smart TV and built-in network abilities (both the televisions are connected to my home network. so is my PS4 and my pc)

Would appreciate any help and advice on how to do this. Thank you very much.

Edit: it is possible to play movies on my computer, and watch them on my phillips tv. and they are not physically connected. can you do the same with consoles? I am also aware that there's the problem of the controller being in range for the playstation 4, but regardless of that, is it even possible to begin with
    Last edited by Eyechewer; 2014-08-24 at 06:54 PM.

for the watching of movies. If your smart tv supports DLNA then yes you can stream movies from your pc. Serviio, Plex, and XBMC are the popular options. You just have to make sure the movies are a format you tv can play.