Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sea turtle some advice and info

hello,

well since I am at vacation,Ii have some willing and time to invest in farming sea turtle mount. So my question is from your exp what can I expected and approx. (I know rng is rng xD) how many casts will need to lets say have any chance for mount ?

thx and cheers !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    hello,

well since I am at vacation,Ii have some willing and time to invest in farming sea turtle mount. So my question is from your exp what can I expected and approx. (I know rng is rng xD) how many casts will need to lets say have any chance for mount ?

thx and cheers !!!
    My guess would be between 1 and 10000000000000000000000000 casts.. afaik there are no pools that have a higher chance of droping him. I had a friend that got the turtle after 1h of trying. I have been trying on and off since early cata and nothing.

10+ Year Old Account

You're gonna hate me for saying this, but I got mine with 109 fishing skill about 30 minutes after I even learned the fishing skill while fishing for the Anglers rep daily fish. It was from a pool in Kun-Lai Summit, so don't feel like you need to stay in Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Markov41 View Post
    You're gonna hate me for saying this, but I got mine with 109 fishing skill about 30 minutes after I even learned the fishing skill while fishing for the Anglers rep daily fish. It was from a pool in Kun-Lai Summit, so don't feel like you need to stay in Northrend.
    Here's my story.

I fished this bad boy up after looking up if it can drop in pools in Cata, I told my guildmate that it can and I'm going to fish it up. Of course he laughed and doubted me. I kid you not, I did no more than 20 minutes later. He was like WTF when the achievement popped, I caught it out in Uldum.

Basically, just fish in pools I believe.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...#169:171:a3218

Though, I'm having bad luck with getting http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t#169:171:a878 to get my salty title. :/

Deleted
    Caught mine a few days ago after 956 cast(which is quite lucky). Anything beween 1 and 5000 is considered normal.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just checked out your guild's achievement list from the link in your signature, and if you fish in Pandarian pools then you'll be helping towards those two achievements since the Turtle can drop from there. Also, go to Ben of the Booming Voice in VotFW and he'll tell you the Fish of the Day spot, where there's an abundance of pools so that you won't be zone hopping all the time.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Tens of thousands of casts in Northrend, nothing. Then I got it within 10 casts next to Half Hill Market. It might not be statistically sound but I seem not to be alone in this sort of experience.

I casted for this hundreds maybe thousands of times all through wotlk and got nothing I had given up on this .
    I guild mate told me one could fish this up in cata fishing pulls.
    I went to twilight highlands and I caught this in less than 20 minutes.
    so I would recommend cata fishing pulls and if they say it is true I would try mop fishing pulls.

Deleted
    I farmed it and the end of cata in uldum it took me around 3days, average hours per day around 8-14 but u can have pretty luck too a friend of mine got it with 5 character back in wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    hello,

thx and cheers !!!
    I did this a very long time ago; I did it while finishing up my fishing achievements so it didn't feel as bad. All I can say is have patience, maybe dual screen's so you can watch Netflix or Hulu and good luck

Also I fished mine up in the pools in Howling Fjord or Grizzly Hills if I remember correctly...one of them spawned pretty quickly
    Last edited by Sosuke Aizen; 2014-08-26 at 11:33 PM.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Caught mine in Twilight Highlands before the achievement text was updated to include Cata pools.

I didn't think it would drop from those pools so i was just chilling.
    Was farming mats for Fish Feasts a few days after release and it popped up.

I have 24,751 catches

So RNG states that it could be below or above that amount of catches.

Funny story.
    I was fishing for Ironjaw and a lowbie came there to level his fishing.
    He dinged his 50 fish achievement and caught Ironjaw.

I was so annoyed. I was on 7 hours of farming at that point

Took me far too long to get this. An hour or two each night at the Darkmoon Isle in Cata all week for months. Didn't help that some Belf DK Came and got his first cast in a pool achievement and the turtle at the same time towards the end. Much luckier with Old Crafty/Ironjaw and Mr. Pinchy totaling just over 100 casts for all 3.

I'd say go fish in Pandaland. Fish until you have at least all 3 fish for Nat Pagle every day and you'll see it eventually. No need going to lower level zones where the only benefit is the Turtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

i gona try to farm that mount, whats the best place guys? if theres is a best place?
    ...We're warriors... Warriors of the world
    Like thunder from the sky... Sworn to fight and die...

Deleted
    There isn't necessarily a spot with the highest drop rate, however I heard stories of people getting the mount in those daily grouped pools in Pandaria. Pools are very close, so you don't have to move very much.

Personally, I caught mine in Uldum in a Blackberry Mudfish School after fishing for 2 hours straight.

Best of luck! Just make sure you fish in pools!

I got mine after 14 900 successful throws, no biggie.
    ^ I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're doing fishing achievements, I recommend going to Howling Fjord and fish in the herring pools for the Dark Herring. :-) Caught mine there, after several days of fishing and watching Supernatural!
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

It took me about 2 hours.

I actively fish for an average and hour a week since Cata, still nothing. So hopefully your luck is better than mine.

i got mine in Northend after 50 cast