Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I like LW, don't know if it will be the to-go talent but at least we have a petless option. But devs have to fix pet related abilities/talents like master's call, spirit bond, intimidation and blink strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Lone wolf is already left behind utility and dps wise sadly enough.
    Doesn't lone wolf give +30% of your petless dps instead of your pet, resulting in a (massive?) dps loss, since your non BM pet does 35% of your dps and allows a talent like Exotic Munitions?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Doesn't lone wolf give +30% of your petless dps instead of your pet, resulting in a (massive?) dps loss, since your non BM pet does 35% of your dps and allows a talent like Exotic Munitions?
    Non-BM pet does like 15-18% of your DPS. All of the choices in the talent row are supposed to be DPS increases, so taking LW in it's own is already a rough 10% DPS increase. Same case for FS and EM, both give about 10% more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Also, about the Talents we lose due to Lone Wolf, they should either get petless versions or the other talents in their rows need to be balanced (SPECIALLY level 45 row).
    Not sure why they passed over this for Hunters while making a GoSac replacement for demonology.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Not sure why they passed over this for Hunters while making a GoSac replacement for demonology.
    The difference though is a spec requirement of a demon vs an aesthetic talent of no pet. If there was a petless spec, then you would get those other options. That being said, Bliz likes to use talents and glyphs to test out features. I wouldn't be surprised of we get an overhaul in 7.0 similar to that of warlocks and get marks or survival retooled as petless. Just speculation on my part though.

The problems with Lone Wolf are made a bit more egregious when pets in general have been buffed for WoD. The cost outstrips the benefits. There have been many thoughts on how to remedy this (by giving the hunter solo versions of various pet-required abilities/talents) but have fallen on deaf ears.

In any case, it is a problematic talent because while it a requested and welcome play-style choice it is difficult to balance, if you make have all the utility of taking a pet and give it top marks in dps gain you risk it becoming a catch-all talent. I don't envy how carefully they have to tread with it.

if it currently stands, i don't see many people seriously taking it. maybe they'll take it to try out, but i cant see someone sticking with that choice. you just give up too much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I will play with lone wolf only because I've always wanted to be an archer. Not a ranger, not a hunter, an archer.

My hunter is my 'flavor' class so I can play with sub optimal talents and not care
    This. I'm really excited to try it out on my Hunter Alt even if its not the best dpswise :P I fell in love with Grimoire of Sacrifice on my Warlock Main, I hope Lone Wolf has similar effect on my hunter :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    if it currently stands, i don't see many people seriously taking it. maybe they'll take it to try out, but i cant see someone sticking with that choice. you just give up too much
    Serious Hunters will take it, on encounters where pets/guardians have pathing or despawning issues. Megaera in ToT springs immediately to mind.

Edit; I really like LW, I'm hoping its viable if not competitive with top output, keeping a close eye on balancing meself.

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    Serious Hunters will take it, on encounters where pets/guardians have pathing or despawning issues. Megaera in ToT springs immediately to mind.

Edit; I really like LW, I'm hoping its viable if not competitive with top output, keeping a close eye on balancing meself.
    I'm thinking you must just be viewing pet as dps. In the case you mentioned above, yes LW would be better, as some dps is better than none with a despawned pet. But pets bring much more to the table than just a dps boost. thats what i meant when i said you give up too much by taking LW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i rather have exotic munitions than adaptation.
    Because as BM the hunter's personal DPS plays a very important role.

As BM it's Adaptation or gtfo.
    Last edited by mmoce7493ee1db; 2014-09-05 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    you forgot your sarcasm tags there.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    you forgot your sarcasm tags there.
    People with clue will understand the sarcasm. Those without...well there is no point talking to such hopeless cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post

As BM it's Adaptation or gtfo.
    like i would ever raid with you anyway.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c000 View Post
    I'm thinking you must just be viewing pet as dps. In the case you mentioned above, yes LW would be better, as some dps is better than none with a despawned pet. But pets bring much more to the table than just a dps boost. thats what i meant when i said you give up too much by taking LW.
    well, if the major reasoning behind not taking LW is because your raid needs a certain buff and you're the only one who can provide it, then that's a reason not to take LW. On the otherhand, I've been in groups/raids where my pet's buff doesn't matter because we've got our bases covered so there would be a time when LW probably would be pretty good. Although, I could have sworn I saw them say something about missing buffs (I don't care enough to find/quote it) unless they changed their minds.

I personally don't think I'll ever need it, I primarily PvP and a pet is much more than just a buff, even if they do remove pet CC abilities. It's good for keeping healers in combat among other things. On top of that, even though I've been MM for pvp I've always been partial to BM - I like my Silithid... it's weird but I like the way it jumps around and wags its tail like a puppy. Kinda hoping BM takes the crown as king of pvp specs for hunter again.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    well, if the major reasoning behind not taking LW is because your raid needs a certain buff and you're the only one who can provide it, then that's a reason not to take LW. On the otherhand, I've been in groups/raids where my pet's buff doesn't matter because we've got our bases covered so there would be a time when LW probably would be pretty good. Although, I could have sworn I saw them say something about missing buffs (I don't care enough to find/quote it) unless they changed their minds.

I personally don't think I'll ever need it, I primarily PvP and a pet is much more than just a buff, even if they do remove pet CC abilities. It's good for keeping healers in combat among other things. On top of that, even though I've been MM for pvp I've always been partial to BM - I like my Silithid... it's weird but I like the way it jumps around and wags its tail like a puppy. Kinda hoping BM takes the crown as king of pvp specs for hunter again.
    Someone hasn't even bothered to read up the ability he is commenting on aye?
    Lone Wolf also gives you a drop down list of selectable buffs you can provide wich include all raid buffs our pets can provide (1 at a time)
    There is still the part where Lone Wolf can not provide debuffs that our pets provide but those were usualy the last in the list that i have been asked to provide as a hunter in raid enviroment in MoP.
    I remember the first time i saw Lone Wolf being introduced first thing that came to me was to say that if it doesn't provide the buffs our pets provide it will be uterly neglected unless it's OP and it won't be OP so they had to add buffs ... and so they did right after

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    Someone hasn't even bothered to read up the ability he is commenting on aye?
    Lone Wolf also gives you a drop down list of selectable buffs you can provide wich include all raid buffs our pets can provide (1 at a time)
    There is still the part where Lone Wolf can not provide debuffs that our pets provide but those were usualy the last in the list that i have been asked to provide as a hunter in raid enviroment in MoP.
    I remember the first time i saw Lone Wolf being introduced first thing that came to me was to say that if it doesn't provide the buffs our pets provide it will be uterly neglected unless it's OP and it won't be OP so they had to add buffs ... and so they did right after
    Yep.

The problems with Lone Wolf IMO right now are:
    - It does not provide a petless version of Master's Call (important for PvP)
    - It should give a small damage buff to Multishot (something like 10% or 15%). All other talents in Level 100 provide some boost for AoE (Focusing Shot is indirect: it allows you to use more AoE abilities due to quicker Focus regen).

Put those and the talent becomes perfect.

Deleted
    Yep.

The problems with Lone Wolf IMO right now are:
    - It does not provide a petless version of Master's Call (important for PvP)
    - It should give a small damage buff to Multishot (something like 10% or 15%). All other talents in Level 100 provide some boost for AoE (Focusing Shot is indirect: it allows you to use more AoE abilities due to quicker Focus regen).

Put those and the talent becomes perfect.
    I don't think that is needed just add +30% dmg to Multishot too.
    By that i mean, just make it a flat 30% more dmg to everything without restrictions.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2014-09-06 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I don't think that is needed as your Multishot already does +30% dmg.
    No, it doesn't. You are not aware of the latest changes, it seems.

LW gave up 30% increased damage to all attacks once, but in more recent builds it was changed to 30% to specific shots, which are: autoshot, Cobra Shot, Arcane Shot, Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, Steady Shot, Aimed Shot, Chimaera Shot and Kill Shot. It has no impact on talents, Multishot, Serpent Sting and other attacks (thought I read somewhere it is increasing Barrage damage, but it's not listed in the tooltip).

They removed the 30% to all damage because it was too good, and I agree with them. However, it should have at least some impact on Multishot for the above defined reasons. It can't be the full 30% increase because it would make it too powerful as well compared to other talents in the same row. As such, they should give it a 10 to 15% damage increase.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2014-09-06 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    What exactly is the problem with a talent row giving 2 options that buff AoE slightly, and 1 that doesn't? There's multiple talents like that on live for various classes/specs. If a fight requires AoE, pick one of the others?