Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    My logic is quite simple. If munitions increase my AoE damage by X%, and Focusing Shot increases it by Y%, then Lone Wolf increases it by zero. You have no gain whatsoever. I don't care if LW would still be slightly behind the others, but I do care about that "zero" value.

If base hunter AoE is X without talents, and other talents do X + Y, I wouldn't mind if LW would only give me X + (Y * 0.6). It's still better than just X.
    Oh good, I'm glad we settled that it's just something in your head and you don't care for actual numbers. So let's say standard AoE is 100k, and focusing shot gives 5k extra but lone wolf zero then you're upset. But if standard AoE is 90k, focusing shot makes it go to 105k, and lone wolf would get a buff to make it to 95k, you'd be more fine. Sounds... reasonable? I'm not following you at all.

And like you said yourself: Multi-shot is only a small part of AoE damage for Surv and BM, but MM would benefit a lot from it, and MM is already far far behind the other specs in AoE damage (and guess which spec I play?).
    Not all specs can do same things equally well. Some are good at burst, some at multidot, some at cleave, some at execution, some at AoE, etc. Be happy that there actually are talents that can help you with upping the part where you are lacking.

And BTW, you limit your thinking to raids only. I'm not a great raider (I'm above the average player, but far behind serious raiders), but I do a lot of things in this game, including PvP. I don't care if there's 1 fight or 10 fights in which AoE will be important, I care for the fact that AoE is not buffed at all.

When I make a request, I'm not constraining it behind one aspect of the game, but how it will impact the game overall. When I'm out in the wild without a pet and pull several mobs, I'd like to be able to kill them a little quickier since I don't have a pet to tank them.
    I don't pvp a lot but something tells me the amount of times multishot is being used is very little. Apart from that there's perhaps challenge modes, and even those can be completed with supobtimal talents/specs.

Awesome signature/avatar by Visenna!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Oh good, I'm glad we settled that it's just something in your head and you don't care for actual numbers. So let's say standard AoE is 100k, and focusing shot gives 5k extra but lone wolf zero then you're upset. But if standard AoE is 90k, focusing shot makes it go to 105k, and lone wolf would get a buff to make it to 95k, you'd be more fine. Sounds... reasonable? I'm not following you at all.
    Don't compare with just Focusing Shot. I agree that if you compare Focusing Shot to Lone Wolf it seems weird, because it's like comparing apples to oranges. Include Special Munitions in your analysis as well, because it's when you include the third element that the discrepancy appears.

There is a psychological effect indeed, but it happens because this talent row is supposed to be balanced within itself, and the gains of each talent are quite similar in nature (thought diverse in implementation).

It's quite simple:
    - Special Munitions add single target damage, AoE and ofensive utility, thought not all the same time (it's always a single target damage boost, thought with varied degrees depending on the secondary effect desired).
    - Focusing Shot increases Focus Regeneration and reduces downtime, allowing you to attack more often. It removes some mobility, thought not so much to make the hunter imobile. WHile it's not a direct boost to damage, it allows you to attack more often, increasing overall DPS (both single and AoE).
    - Lone Wolf adds single target damage, while removing utility and limiting talent choices in other tiers. Has zero effect on AoE.

(Not to mention Adaptation, that has no drawback and improves single target damage, AoE and utility, but since it's for other specs not everyone will accept this comparition).

Why is Lone Wolf the only talent in that row that has no effect on your AoE damage? Is it not enough drawback to lose access to other talents and some class utility?

Original implementation of Lone Wolf gave us 30% increased damage to everything, and most players agreed the AoE component would be too powerful. I agree, it was too powerful and I was expecting nerfs. WHat I wasn't expecting was the complete removal of the AoE component. I'm advocating a return of it.

I also would like to see Master's Call work with LW as well. The current loss of utility is too much IMO.

Not all specs can do same things equally well. Some are good at burst, some at multidot, some at cleave, some at execution, some at AoE, etc. Be happy that there actually are talents that can help you with upping the part where you are lacking.
    Yeah, not all specs can do same things equally well, I agree. But a spec can't perform so much worse than the others, and that's a big problem MM has with AoE. While there's no reason to expect all specs to perform equally in AoE, there's also zero reason for them not to give MM some buff in that area. Specs can't be equal, but they should be competitive.

I don't pvp a lot but something tells me the amount of times multishot is being used is very little.
    Not often used, true. But when I use it, it should be worth it.

Fun fact: MM had an awesome passive tied to Multi-shot called Concussive Barrage that was incredibly awesome in PvP (and soloing). It was removed in WoD for god-knows-why.

Apart from that there's perhaps challenge modes, and even those can be completed with supobtimal talents/specs.
    Problem with suboptimal options is when they are so obviously worse that your party members keep trying to convince you to change your spec/talent because "it's shit".