Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    True. Then...get off MMO-Champ and find some place to live? Cragslist places offering rooms. Stay in a cheap hotel for some time?
    Yeah because apparently it's only possible to have one website open at a time. I wonder if Vilod is still making that mead with the juniper berries mixed in.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to worry WoD has housing.

Deleted
    I don't have any change on me, sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    If you have a car, it can serve fairly well as a temporary home.

You don't need to take showers/baths to stay clean, buy cheap moist wipes. Buy foods that need no refrigeration like tuna, peanut butter and bread.

Buy disposable forks and paper towels. Keep every plastic bag you can find to use for trash. Don't let your car look trashy as it draws attention to you and tends to smell and is generally not a comfortable way to live.

Buy a portable power supply. For about $30 you can buy one that you charge at a place like the library. Use it for things like electric razors, phones etc. In fact get very acquainted with your local library. Use their pc's for job/apartments, keeping up with email etc. Also use their electric to charge everything you can reasonably bring in.

Read a lot, it fills up dead time and it's always good to take your mind off your troubles and get into an interesting story.

At night, park in places like Wal-mart parking lots. In fact most Wal-marts have no problem with people parking in their lots at night. I see RV's, trucks etc parked and people sleeping in them all the time. Check first if you can though, a few smaller stores won't allow it.

If you're between jobs, make use of government assistance, local food programs, churches etc. If you go to DHS they can usually get you set up with a card to buy food with and point you to local programs.

Most importantly, never lose hope. You're going to have more free time now so go to the park, sit down at a picnic table and make out a detailed plan of action. Determine how much money you'll need to get a new place to live, how much you need to survive until then and plan accordingly. Stick to your plan and before you know it you'll be back under a roof with a new found appreciation of that roof and hopefully a new determination to never again lose that roof. It's not the end of the world, and you might come out the other side a wiser and better person. Good luck!
    This! Good and wise.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sell you bodily cavities
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

That's sad. Good luck getting back on your feet.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there that one dude from Stow, Ohio that chills in this sub-forum and offers random people a place to stay in exchange for work until you get back on your feet? I think all you have to do is get a greyhound ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can always build your illegal wood house somewhere hidden in forest and live from hunting.
    Or you can go gold hunting.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Well you can always build your illegal wood house somewhere hidden in forest and live from hunting.
    and maybe get mauled to death by a bear

=)

Try contacting your local social security office. I don't know how much help you'll receive though, unsure how the US handles it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    do you have a website similar to something like we have in the UK called spareroom.co.uk, in the US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you have any family/ friends?

Enter the military if you can.

Join a 24hour gym. Showers, sleep in the locker room. You can get a years membership for really cheap.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    It only hurts for a little while, but the money is worth it.

What? Construction work!

That is a bold faced lie. Twenty years later that damage will catch back up to you.

Isn't this the same poster who lied to get off a huge speeding ticket by telling the police officer his GF was having a baby?

Didn't a lot of people say Karma is a bitch, after you showed no remorse for your actions?

Also, employment. Anywhere. Mow lawns for money or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great context there op, really gonna get advice from people without explaining your situation.

You might as well walk into a bank and say "I'm poor, I need money"
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You might as well walk into a bank and say "I'm poor, I need money"
    As an aside, my bank actually will offer $2500 credit to anyone that asks for it.

Don't be such a terrible person that you alienate any and all family and friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that he hasn't responded makes me think it was a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.