10+ Year Old Account

Question Heroic Blackfuse belt optimization

Hi all, I don't think there's been any recent Heroic Blackfuse threads so I figure I'll make one.

We're 3 nights into Blackfuse H progression and ~110 wipes (not sure if that's normal for most other prog raiders, I've never gone this far in terms of 'current-tier' heroic progression), and while the rest of the raid is working to perfect their execution on the boss, I thought I should learn how to optimize my gameplay.

My Hunter, as of last night, was 576, specced Beast Mastery/Survival, but I'm using Beast Mastery for full-time belt duty due to being able to use Bestial Wrath on every belt. Here is last night's log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ba/details/11/

One obvious problem is that my stat priority leans to survival (crit => haste > mastery), but to be perfectly honest I never fell behind in DPS with that stat prio in BM. Will going for Haste/Mastery be more ideal just for the sake of the belts?

Another concern is about the pet. Since our strat is destroying Missile Turrets, Blackfuse is tanked on the other side of the belt so I do not benefit from our rogue/dk's attack speed aura. I've been using a serpent since we're adopting that strat, but the attack speed cooldown seems to be such a turn-off and the buff dissipates if I dismiss the pet before disengaging to belt. Should I stick to using a serpent or should I try something else like Tallstrider for -armor?

Last thing that bothers me is the ability to solo 2nd belt. First solo always goes without a problem since I have bloodlust and trinket procs there and use Rabid/Bestial Wrath, but the second one seems to be a hit or miss. Sometimes even with agi pot, Stampede Rapid Fire and troll Berserking I couldnt solo the 2nd in time. Is there something I could do to solo 2nd belt more reliably? so our windwalker monk (who's on perma belt after 1st/2nd belt) can shift more dps to the boss until I'm out of steam.

Thanks for any criticism/feedback in advance Any other concerns that I somehow overlooked is also welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard blackfuse is a cake walk. You really need to be ditching that ranged weapon and equip a 2 hand strength axe. Make sure its a hunter weapon and wing clip to slow down the turrent and then raptor strike it as many times as possible. This way you wont run out of arrows and "should" be good for mana.

Im glad im not you haha.

But seriously the amount of people that have actually progressed that far is very small. I would suggest checking out icy veins and put the post there as that is a dedicated site in helping with raiding.

Also if you have lust for the first belt can you not save bestial wrath till the 2nd belt?

Don't solo the second? Like honestly if you're having trouble soloing the second, just send two people? Hell during our progression in the 560s we would send three up if we needed to.

you can have whoever's doing the Bloodlust to stand further away from you so you don't get the effect (40yd i think it is), then use drums for the second since it's only a 5% difference. however to be completely honest, i think 577 might be a bit low to solo the second><
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2014-08-28 at 01:40 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Keep switching your pet for new Rabids. EG pet 1 belt 1, pet 2 belt 2 and so forth. Take a Core Hound for your second pet and bloodlust yourself. GG.

Deleted
    Like it has been said, just swap on every belt between three different pets, so you can use Rabid on everyone.

Since I have on my raid the same problem as you with the melee haste buff, I alternate between 3 different serpents, that means I will have always Rabid and will get my 10% increased melee haste buff on the belt.

As for your problem dealing with the second belt, I'll quote rustyboy's message on http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-belt-question

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    Some pets when used with Stampede can lose attacks (~4-700k damage) on the belt which can make your Stampede inconsistent. If you have the stampede glyph the correct pet is more important than a pet with a debuff.
    By using ALWAYS the serpent pet, you'll have most uptime on the weapons and shouldn't have any problems at all only by popping Stampede and Rapid Fire.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone, I've tamed 2 more serpents and crafted drums to prepare for next raid night. Two trinket procs and BW/Rabid will be enough for the first, I suppose.

And about stampede, I assume the stampede pets indirectly benefit from rabid and the raid attack speed buff, so should I use a serpent with rabid and the attack speed spell ready before casting stampede?

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Thanks everyone, I've tamed 2 more serpents and crafted drums to prepare for next raid night. Two trinket procs and BW/Rabid will be enough for the first, I suppose.

And about stampede, I assume the stampede pets indirectly benefit from rabid and the raid attack speed buff, so should I use a serpent with rabid and the attack speed spell ready before casting stampede?
    Just have the pet attack speed on auto cast, although for 10 man I would make sure Rabid is on manual cast just in case. I send my pet to the boss sometimes so I don't need to dismiss it, just would not want it to waste a Rabid if it ends up reaching the boss for some reason.

This is how I use cooldowns on the first 4 belts on 10 man heroic

I use 3 serpent pets and use a new Rabid on each belt, racial and profession benefits like Synapse Springs, Blood Fury etc are used on cooldown.

I use Dire Beast, Blink Strikes & Glaive Toss.

1st Belt: Pre-Pot + Trinkets
    2nd Belt: Stampede (Glyphed)
    3rd Belt: Potion + Drums
    4th Belt: AoC Trinket

If needed
    5th Belt: Help
    6th Belt: Help
    7th Belt: AoC
    8th Belt: Stampede (This will come off CD before the 7th belt, so you can use it then and/or finish the boss if you don't need to kill it by the 8th)

The reason you use serpents is because they always have a high up time on the belt targets and your Stampede will be 100% reliable. That and the fact the Haste is also very beneficial. As an example on the 2nd belt my pet + stampede have done 100+ melee hits and on the 3rd belt with Drums my pet alone has done 50+ melee hits. An extra couple of swings on the belt is sometimes all you need to make sure its clean.

If you get any TED/Haromm's procs on 2nd/3rd belts its a cake walk.

This is how I handle getting on/off the first four belts.

1st Belt
    Wait at the pipe and dismiss my pet.
    I then Disengage off the side of the pipe, make sure I delay my pet summon until the last second so it doesn't proc TED.
    I then Disengage off the first belt just after the Saw Blade goes out so I don't get targeted.

2nd Belt
    I Summon my second pet and use the pipe.
    I then Disengage off the belt as soon as possible, summon any pet and send it to the boss (If its tanked over the other side of the room it will de-spawn when you jump on the belt)

3rd Belt
    Disengage off the side of the pipe. Summon my third pet
    I then wait until the next Assembly Line has 3-4 seconds left and Disengage, use Deterrence before I land, Summon my first pet.
    This is done to eliminate any damage from the overload or fire on the ground.

4th Belt
    I jump in the pipe before Deterrence drops and my pet has completed its summon.
    I then Disengage off the belt in front of the pipe, the Saw Blades will not hit you there during the magnetic phase.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2014-08-25 at 04:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Hi all, I don't think there's been any recent Heroic Blackfuse threads so I figure I'll make one.

We're 3 nights into Blackfuse H progression and ~110 wipes (not sure if that's normal for most other prog raiders, I've never gone this far in terms of 'current-tier' heroic progression), and while the rest of the raid is working to perfect their execution on the boss, I thought I should learn how to optimize my gameplay.

My Hunter, as of last night, was 576, specced Beast Mastery/Survival, but I'm using Beast Mastery for full-time belt duty due to being able to use Bestial Wrath on every belt. Here is last night's log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ba/details/11/

One obvious problem is that my stat priority leans to survival (crit => haste > mastery), but to be perfectly honest I never fell behind in DPS with that stat prio in BM. Will going for Haste/Mastery be more ideal just for the sake of the belts?

Another concern is about the pet. Since our strat is destroying Missile Turrets, Blackfuse is tanked on the other side of the belt so I do not benefit from our rogue/dk's attack speed aura. I've been using a serpent since we're adopting that strat, but the attack speed cooldown seems to be such a turn-off and the buff dissipates if I dismiss the pet before disengaging to belt. Should I stick to using a serpent or should I try something else like Tallstrider for -armor?

Last thing that bothers me is the ability to solo 2nd belt. First solo always goes without a problem since I have bloodlust and trinket procs there and use Rabid/Bestial Wrath, but the second one seems to be a hit or miss. Sometimes even with agi pot, Stampede Rapid Fire and troll Berserking I couldnt solo the 2nd in time. Is there something I could do to solo 2nd belt more reliably? so our windwalker monk (who's on perma belt after 1st/2nd belt) can shift more dps to the boss until I'm out of steam.

Thanks for any criticism/feedback in advance Any other concerns that I somehow overlooked is also welcome.
    First kill last night after 234 pulls >.< we go 6 belts and kill in under 4 min. Our hunter solo's the first 2 then I go (UH DK) for 3, she solos 4, and I help with 5. We ignore 6 and burn the last 10-15%. We allow empowered laser and missile for all but belt 5 (crawler mines for the burn).

So it's missile > missile > laser > missile > laser > mines > dead.

Afaik you want mastery > haste for belts. as soon as our hunter replaced a mastery heavy piece she was having issues (we were soloing all but belt 5 at one point).

Edit - You might want to suggest using the front left quad for higher DPS if you are melee heavy. Our comp is brm, protadin, combat, enh, uh, bm, fire, destro, rsham, disc 2 healing with this comp was more beneficial since we lacked the extra ranged for locked on and blade targets. Solo healing was too rng based.

Edit 2 - avg ilvl of our grp is probably around 583ish for reference.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2014-08-25 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    for 10 man I would make sure Rabid is on manual cast just in case. I send my pet to the boss sometimes so I don't need to dismiss it, just would not want it to waste a Rabid if it ends up reaching the boss for some reason.

This is how I use cooldowns on the first 4 belts on 10 man heroic
    For some time now I've been used to casting Rabid manually, as on every other boss I tend to wait ~10 seconds after it comes off cooldown to pop it alongside the third Bestial Wrath for massive pet pewpew. So you're suggesting I can send my pet to attack Blackfuse on the other side of the room, let it do some white hits and dismiss itself due to going too far from me? that'll prove useful whenever there is an electromagnet in the field.

Soloing past 2nd belt sounds promising considering I have rabid, dash and BW ready for every single belt, I suppose it's worth a shot because our windwalker monk has great dps and our latest 'progress' wipe is after 3rd/4th belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    we go 6 belts and kill in under 4 min
    yikes! I'm not sure if we can kill him that fast. Last I remembered because our ww monk helps me on 2nd belt and thereafter our best attempt so far is... 43% and that's on 3rd/4th belt. But maybe with the suggestion from rustyboy that should change. Our average raid ilvl is around 580 as well if I'm not mistaken.

So you're suggesting I can send my pet to attack Blackfuse on the other side of the room, let it do some white hits and dismiss itself due to going too far from me?
    Yes, note though if it doesn't move it means your too far from the boss and may need to move a bit closer. I personally find it much easier than dismissing the pet.

Afaik you want mastery > haste for belts. as soon as our hunter replaced a mastery heavy piece she was having issues (we were soloing all but belt 5 at one point).
    I've tried every type of gearing even to the point of using the mastery elixir. There are only so many globals you can do on the belts and yes mastery can give you some massive Kill Commands, however Haste > Mastery still gives you a good balance of pet damage while also increasing the number of attacks during a limited window. As an example if your pet melee's for 100k and you get an extra 2 attacks that's going to be 200k, in order for mastery to be better for lets say 15 attacks then you would need to increase your pet damage by roughly 7% and that's at break even. Mastery only benefits your pet while haste benefits both you and your pet.

Something you always needs to check on the belts, which belts did my RPPM trinket proc? Sometimes RNG can make small changes look like master strokes.

TLDR; What you do on the belt and trinket RNG will make more of a difference than any amount of gear swapping/reforging.

yikes! I'm not sure if we can kill him that fast. Last I remembered because our ww monk helps me on 2nd belt and thereafter our best attempt so far is... 43% and that's on 3rd/4th belt.
    If you want to kill the boss as fast as possible, you would tank him near the belts and kill mainly mines on the belt. Your raid will have to do a fair amount of fire and missile dodging at the same time.

If you want a longer but easier kill on 10 man you use the 25 man strategy. Tank the boss on/near the mine spawn and kill mostly Missiles on the belt, your raid will be able to deal with the mines easier as their health was nerfed on 10 man and you can make optimal use the "Safe Zone" during empowered laser. The reason why soloing the first 4 belts is such a huge plus on 10 man is that you will only need help on the 5th/6th belts, even then you can easily solo the 7th/8th if need be.

We downed it on our 107th pull and this is how I dealt with belts.

1. Trinkets+prepot
    2. Stampede
    3. Pot
    4. AoC proc
    5. Help
    6. Help
    7. Stampede

and then dead.

I dismissed for a new pet on every belt I had to solo and I took 5 serpents with me (the ones that slither on the ground). The reasoning behind this is that different pets have different hitboxes, I noticed when I tried to use my core hound that it did significantly less damage than the serpents i changed to. The smaller the pet the better but serpents are ideal because attack speed is very needed on the belt and nothing buffs that permanently while being out of range.

Also another thing to do is make sure all of your pets' dash abilities are turned off auto cast and macroing dash to BW.

To be honest the actual belt is not the hard part: it's the surviving getting back on.

You will need to watch the overload timers like a hawk and make sure you're either deterrencing them or staying on the belt to avoid being hit by them. You also need to save one deterrence for the possibility of having to walk through an empowered laser fire.

Deleted
    With current gear and Spirit bond, you only need 1 Deterrence for belt 4(?) where you get overload+Fire on the ground. If you die from AoE, blame others not killing stuff fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogz View Post
    With current gear and Spirit bond, you only need 1 Deterrence for belt 4(?) where you get overload+Fire on the ground. If you die from AoE, blame others not killing stuff fast enough.
    ya, really this is the only part if any that endangers my life (even when i get plopped on a missile, i'm already spamming Deterrence to get ready to run through fire and back in the pipe)

i even run Glyph of Liberation for that extra heal
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

You should be deterrencing as you disengage off the belt, you will probably land in the middle of the fire, and you have plenty of time to get to the safe ring before the deterrence wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You should be deterrencing as you disengage off the belt, you will probably land in the middle of the fire, and you have plenty of time to get to the safe ring before the deterrence wears off.
    i just let it pull me off, always puts me in a safe area and i can just deterrence through the fire afterwards.

I don't do that simply because I like to dismiss my pet and be back on the belt before the weapons cross the initial fire barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't do that simply because I like to dismiss my pet and be back on the belt before the weapons cross the initial fire barrier.
    guess that depends on what you kill, I have time cause i think I kill the last weapon on the belt on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i just let it pull me off, always puts me in a safe area and i can just deterrence through the fire afterwards.
    I dislike waiting to be pulled because if that happens, chances are I'm too slow to get to the belt since getting pulled gives me a ~2 second 'immobilize' and I have to run a good length to reach the pipe.

SO anyway, massive improvements were made after reading the cooldown rotation. I can solo first 4 belts comfortably now (5th I need help). Thanks everyone for their input! Made me really wish I had Heroic or even norm Warforged Assurance trink because I have to wait 3-6 seconds for BW to cool down as I jump past the first belt. I use pot + bloodlust drums on 3rd belt because ideally I want them dead before passing the third laser wall so I dont have to deal with massive pressure.

We changed our strat (again) to mines > magnets and blood DK solo tank. It's been better, boss is at ~25% when 5th belt started so I will ignore the 6th belt, everyone pops their pot and burn him before 6th belt is over. Now that I got my stuff down nicely though it's now up to the rest of the raid to deal with Blackfuse and survive as at this point it's just an aptitude test for me. Kinda worried about empowered magnet when the 5th belt is over, but eh we'll see
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2014-08-29 at 03:13 AM.