Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Enhancement Module:

There seems to be an issue with Chain Lightning with mobs =>5. I just finished MC, and the add-on constantly displayed Lightning Bolt with 5+ targets active. At one point I had 7-10 active targets and it always put up Lightning Bolt. When it dropped to less then 5, it would start to recommend Chain Lightning.

Doing a little investigation, I did notice that in or AOE action list, there is an entry for Lightning Bolt (odd I thought, as there is no entry for Lightning Bolt in our Cleave 3-4 action lists). Could this be causing the issue?

Vizslakane, do you mind keybinding your pause feature and seeing which entry for LB is popping up? There are actually a couple in there. I'm inclined to think that it's @Enhancement, AOE : Lightning Bolt #12, because the logic test for glyph and number of targets looks faulty. I pulled that from the SimulationCraft profile, and it's funny that entry never fires in a HecticAddCleave simulation.

I'm trying to find an MC LFR with a bunch of adds up so I can try to replicate the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, do you have CL glyphed?
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Vizslakane, do you mind keybinding your pause feature and seeing which entry for LB is popping up? There are actually a couple in there. I'm inclined to think that it's @Enhancement, AOE : Lightning Bolt #12, because the logic test for glyph and number of targets looks faulty. I pulled that from the SimulationCraft profile, and it's funny that entry never fires in a HecticAddCleave simulation.

I'm trying to find an MC LFR with a bunch of adds up so I can try to replicate the issue.

Also, do you have CL glyphed?
    Sorry but am I missing something? If the add-on says I have 7-10 active targets, wouldn't I be in the @Enhancement, AOE action list? And why would that even have an entry for Lightning Bolt (which I see only 1 entry, #12) in the @Enhancement, AOE action list? Is there even any reason, having 5+ active targets, that you would cast Lightning Bolt? And I do not see any Lightning Bolt entries in the @Enhancement, 3 Cleave or 4 Cleave action list.

Would changing @Enhancement, AOE : Lightning Bolt #12 to Chain Lightning fix this issue?

Sorry again if I am missing something.

But to answer your questions: I am not using CL glyphed, yes it pauses at Lightning Bolt #12, I have v106 of the add-on installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizslakane View Post
    Sorry but am I missing something? If the add-on says I have 7-10 active targets, wouldn't I be in the @Enhancement, AOE action list? And why would that even have an entry for Lightning Bolt (which I see only 1 entry, #12) in the @Enhancement, AOE action list? Is there even any reason, having 5+ active targets, that you would cast Lightning Bolt? And I do not see any Lightning Bolt entries in the @Enhancement, 3 Cleave or 4 Cleave action list.
    An action list, in and of itself, doesn't have built in criteria. For instance, in the AOE display, @Enhancement, AOE is shown regardless of number of enemies. However, in the Primary display, it is shown if the mode is set to AOE, or if its set to cleave and a certain number of targets is showing. The action lists are shown or hidden by a display based on the criteria set in the hook.

Because Lightning Bolt is in 3 different action lists, it's helpful to confirm that the problem is in the right action list. Just narrowing the scope.

The reason I asked for additional detail is because I want to diagnose the criteria correctly, test in SimulationCraft, and report to Purge if we end up with an action list that outperforms the current default. The most current action

Would changing @Enhancement, AOE : Lightning Bolt #12 to Chain Lightning fix this issue?
    That's one option. You could also just disable that entry. Or delete it. But before doing any of that, I'd update your action lists because if you only have LB listed once in the AOE action list, then you're using an older set of action lists. Go to Action Lists, and click Reload All. Then do the same for your Displays. Then we can make edits as needed.

But to answer your questions: I am not using CL glyphed, yes it pauses at Lightning Bolt #12, I have v106 of the add-on installed.
    Yeah, I figured that's the issue. I recommend changing the conditions for LB #12 to the following:

Code:
    (glyph.chain_lightning.enabled&active_enemies<3)&(buff.maelstrom_weapon.react=5|(buff.ancestral_swiftness.up&buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3))
    This basically tells the addon to only activate that entry if you have glyphed CL and there are 1-2 enemies, since LB is stronger than CL against 2 targets if you have the glyph. This makes the list work properly in the AOE display while also helping to avoid issues in the Primary display. I'll do some testing to confirm and then update the base action lists.

Thanks, I made the change. I'll let you know how it's working.

Question with action scripts; what's | mean? Or?
    Last edited by Vizslakane; 2014-11-22 at 11:36 PM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizslakane View Post
    Thanks, I made the change. I'll let you know how it's working.

Question with action scripts; what's | mean? Or?
    Correct. | means 'or'

I just flagged the latest updates as v2.10.

Notable improvements:
    - Time to die calculations work properly now, and work for multiple targets instead of resetting every time you change your target.
    - Added logic to check if a particular buff was cast by you.
    - Modified AOE action list to address Glyph of Chain Lightning issue.

Oh, and you can be a Retribution Paladin if you want. :/

- - - Updated - - -

I left a pretty significant bug in 2.10 that would cause the addon to fail for Elemental Shamans. I've put in a fix and updated to 2.11.

Just to confirm; it is no longer necessary to reset profile, correct? Just reload displays and action lists?

That is correct.

I'm going to go ahead and flag some recent tweaks as release. If you find bugs, please report them ASAP so I can resolve them.

General:
    - The addon does a better job of recognizing when combat *will* start; combat time will begin after you use a hostile action.
    - Bugfixes in the options UI, making sure scripts and cached data are updated when moving stuff around.

All Shamans:
    - Haste effects are no longer broken (cast times for CL, LB, LvB, EQ, EB, ... should now properly reduce w/ haste.)

Elemental:
    - The addon knows not to consume Lava Surge procs that come up after you've started hardcasting Lava Burst.
    - Some minor tweaks to action lists (pre-cast ST out of combat, EQ logic improved for AOE).

More updates!

Notably for Elemental Shaman, the addon will now expect to gain 1 stack of Lightning Shield when casting Lava Burst. I am not sure how I missed that.

Updates will probably slow for several days, I'm working on a code cleanup. Next major changes will be that the addon will account for travel time for projectile spells. The wave after that will be cosmetic fixes and more visual customization. Feel free to send me any ideas you have regarding better visual cues in the priority display.

Deleted
    Thanks for your effort, it's a great addon

Quote Originally Posted by Restodirk View Post
    Thanks for your effort, it's a great addon
    No problem.

For anyone playing as Elemental at present, you may want to update your actionlists. I've simplified the cleave list a little bit, and have been getting better results.

1. /hekili > Action Lists > Reload All.
    2. Displays > @Elemental, Primary > Reload Display.

No problem.

For anyone playing as Elemental at present, you may want to update your actionlists. I've simplified the cleave list a little bit, and have been getting better results.

1. /hekili > Action Lists > Reload All.
    2. Displays > @Elemental, Primary > Reload Display.
    I updated from 118 to 120 (i think that's the update versions). I reloaded the action lists and displays and elemental action list is missing @Elemental, Cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Oommx View Post
    I updated from 118 to 120 (i think that's the update versions). I reloaded the action lists and displays and elemental action list is missing @Elemental, Cooldown.
    Thanks for the report! I made a mistake with the defaults and you probably ended up with two @Elemental, AOE lists and no @Elemental, Cooldowns list.

To get everything loaded up properly, download v2.12.2 (a.k.a. r123) and then delete both @Elemental, AOE lists. Then go through the process again:

1. /hekili > Action Lists > Reload All
    2. Displays > @Elemental, Primary > Reload Display

I put in safeguards to prevent this kind of issue from happening again (and making it easier to recover from if something similar occurs).
    Last edited by Hekili; 2014-12-02 at 04:55 AM.

Does your mod still support Masque? I can't seem to skin it. Or I'm doing it horribly wrong. I only see Global under the Masque - Addons page, but Hekili seems to be unaffected. I'm also running an ElvUI edit, if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    Does your mod still support Masque? I can't seem to skin it. Or I'm doing it horribly wrong. I only see Global under the Masque - Addons page, but Hekili seems to be unaffected. I'm also running an ElvUI edit, if that matters.
    Masque support is still built in -- I'm using it now. I don't know if ElvUI breaks compatibility or not.

Masque support is still built in -- I'm using it now. I don't know if ElvUI breaks compatibility or not.
    I'm not sure if its related or not (and it may be an issue with Masque, not Hekili) but I wasn't able to see Hekili on the list of Addons for Masque until I installed another addon for Masque. I tried removing all my addons, deleted my Cache/WTF/Interface folder for fresh new ones, and with only Hekili and Masque installed, I was only getting a Global option that didn't affect Hekili.

It wasn't until after I also installed Bartender (which I don't normally use, I just know I've always been able to use Masque/ButtonFacade with it), that I now see: Global, Bartender4, Hekili in the Addon section of Masque. Once I turn off Bartender though, Hekili is also removed as an option, and any skins I had applied to Hekili are removed.

This could be a completely isolated issue, I really don't know.
    Last edited by PaintOnASign; 2014-12-02 at 06:34 AM.

I'll add this to my list of things to look into.

I know you might have covered this before, but I'd like to confirm;

I have doing heroic Butcher, and noticed that the add-on, pretty constantly, recommends dropping magma totem, and sometimes a fire nova.
    Even on this single-target fight, is this correct?