One Warrior Gear in WoD ?

I saw a video that was made back in May that said armor stats were going to change depending on stance of your character. This was the first time i heard this and haven't really seen it mentioned anywhere else. Is this still true? If I am playing a Protection Warrior in Protection stance my gear changes to protection oriented stats and if i change over to say Gladiator, it becomes more DPS oriented? So no multiple sets of gear anymore?

Only certain stats would switch over. I don't recall which ones those are. I think it'll help, but there will likely be a chance where having specific gear for a specific slot would be necessary for swapping specs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    main stats switch. secondaries dont. only slots with default armor on them switch. tanks and glads will favor bonusarmor. so its most likely two gears + a bunch of rings, necklaces, trinkets and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Only primary stats changes, so you're competing with holy paladins aswell as the other strength DPS and tanks on plate gear. Also competing with brewmasters and guardians on tanking rings/necks, assuming you only go for bonus armor on those pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    rings/necks/weapons/trinkets have stats that don't change. so for these items it's still like now .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Your warrior tier will have stam, strength, intel, and 2 secondaries that WILL NOT change. The intel will be greyed out.

Your tier bonuses will change between specs. Primary stats change between specs (if that piece of gear has your primary stat). Secondaries never change. If you want different secondaries, wear a different piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Only primary stats changes, so you're competing with holy paladins aswell as the other strength DPS and tanks on plate gear. Also competing with brewmasters and guardians on tanking rings/necks, assuming you only go for bonus armor on those pieces.
    Yeah, i totally forgot about Holy's. Well, its about damn time that their easy "armor gearing" ride that they had since BC comes to an end. Finally Int plate will no longer be a curse to the raids.

Warrior secondary stat priors are:
    Arms: Mastery
    Fury: Critical Strike
    Protection: Mastery

Paladin's are:
    Holy: Critical Strike
    Protection: Haste
    Retribution: Mastery

Death Knight's are:
    Blood: Multistrike
    Frost: Haste
    Unholy: Multistrike

So, by looking at this, even so all plate DPS + Holy palas share armor gear, Arms directly shares gear with Retri paladins, and it can be easily used for warr tanking too. On other hand Fury cause of secondary stats can easily compete with Holy palas too as Int will switch to Str, only downside is role specific bonus +spirit, that will be grayed out to Fury as they dont use it. That being said, even so all plates will compete for gear your biggest rivals are ret and holy paladins.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2014-08-28 at 05:33 AM.

Now if only the Attuned stats actually was the best for the different classes that could have been true.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    hmyeeah the stat prios are a bit off to what they should be...

15+ Year Old Account
    Note that Bonus Armor is a KILLER damage stat for Gladiator warriors. 1 bonus armor = 1 AP, like Strength without the % increase from passives/buffs etc. You'll want it to tank and you'll want it to DPS.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)