Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    I can't tell if you're saying no over the head at all, or just no TIGHT headphones. I did a ton of research and wound up buying Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones.
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. I just ment they shouldn't squeeze my head like the G35 vice. Although the ATH-M50x seems nice, they are wired, so that is not an option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. I just ment they shouldn't squeeze my head like the G35 vice. Although the ATH-M50x seems nice, they are wired, so that is not an option for me.
    The wires for the ATH-M50x are pretty long, and you get 2 long ones and 1 short one. I ordered mine last week and it's on its way by the end of this week hopefully and I will get back to you on them .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    The wires for the ATH-M50x are pretty long, and you get 2 long ones and 1 short one. I ordered mine last week and it's on its way by the end of this week hopefully and I will get back to you on them .
    How excited are you?

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    How excited are you?
    Extremely! =D I got the limited edition one so I am feeling very giddy. I can't wait to test out the sound quality on them since the current headset I have is going to break apart in two any second it seems, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless they are very long I will get to a point when they are stretched and my headset is yanked off my head and in worst case broken. and if they are that long they will probably be in the way alot

10+ Year Old Account
    Coils are a wondrous invention, you know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    Coils are a wondrous invention, you know.
    I don't see how that would help in my case :P

Guys, some people can't keep track of their headphone cord even if their life depended on it. If the guy needs wireless cans because he thinks he's a danger to his equipment I think we might as well help him the way he asks.

Possibly something to add to the Membrane Keyboard section would be the Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator bundle, which is a pretty darn good deal at about ~$30 for a Keyboard and Mouse and comes in Red & Blue.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Guys, some people can't keep track of their headphone cord even if their life depended on it. If the guy needs wireless cans because he thinks he's a danger to his equipment I think we might as well help him the way he asks.
    Wasn't really replying to anyone in general, just that coiled cords are a good solution for wire woes.

But aren't wireless "anything" bad? In terms of computer peripherals I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    But aren't wireless "anything" bad? In terms of computer peripherals I mean.
    depends on how its done, both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz spectrums have more bandwidth than USB2, so as long as you have a short transmission range, it can be better than wired, hence wireless console controllers

the problem with wireless headphones isn't necessarily the medium but the implementation, wireless headsets need batteries and transceivers to operate, these generate noise and interference, additionally, running on batteries means limited volume, which can alter the sound depending on what you are listening to, it also means that power for driving the coils is limited, which means mids are meh, bass has no punch, and the highs are dull, and when the bass does punch, you can hear the mids and high mute because of it

edit, and because its wireless, you can't use an amp and an equalizer to correct for this, you are stuck with whatever sound curve the headset manufacturer thinks is best for you

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    depends on how its done, both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz spectrums have more bandwidth than USB2, so as long as you have a short transmission range, it can be better than wired, hence wireless console controllers

the problem with wireless headphones isn't necessarily the medium but the implementation, wireless headsets need batteries and transceivers to operate, these generate noise and interference, additionally, running on batteries means limited volume, which can alter the sound depending on what you are listening to, it also means that power for driving the coils is limited, which means mids are meh, bass has no punch, and the highs are dull, and when the bass does punch, you can hear the mids and high mute because of it

edit, and because its wireless, you can't use an amp and an equalizer to correct for this, you are stuck with whatever sound curve the headset manufacturer thinks is best for you
    There's always going to be the fundamental issue of an extra layer of polling on wireless accessories, though. You have the receiver polling the unit, then then your system polling the receiver.

Unless wireless receivers become a universal standard and become integrated into the chipset, wired peripherals will inherently always be more accurate.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

So just got my ATH-M50xBL headphones... Absolutely amazing headphones. Here are my thoughts on it:

- Amazingly comfortable
    - New appreciation for the music I used to listen to before
    - Comfy earpads, bit warm but it is going to be perfect for when winter comes
    - The wires are all amazing
    - There is obviously a "burn-in" period for any new headphones so it might take a while for me to get used to these headphones but it's absolutely amazing
    - Style points 100/10 =D

- one major drawback though... I can barely hear anyone calling me, lol. It's a closed-ear headphone so I guess it makes sure that noise from outside doesn't come inside. Also, when I talk, I can hear my own voice like when you put your hands up to your ears. That is a bit awkward for now, heh.

- I also connected the headphone jack into the front of my computer case, and not the back... I am going to try putting it in the back and see if it makes a difference.
    Last edited by Gaebryel Quintyne; 2014-09-11 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this thread because it's great!
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hi. I've been busy lately, I honestly totally forgot this existed. I might update this before I leave for basic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has this been updated, or is their a new thread that is similar to this?