Deleted

Question A change unnoticed?

Please keep in mind that I am far from a hardcore WoW-gamer!
    I do very much enjoy the game on something close to an everyday basis
    - and have done so since the release of WotLK.

I couldn't find anywhere else to put this nugget of discussion, so I've settled on trying here.

I've noticed a slight change of the tooltip in the talent-calculators.
    - And looking around on forums and youtube, it seems I'm the only one who cares.
    But to make sure it's not just due to a lack of exposure of info, I'll just let people know

In the Retribution spec. we currently have a talent called "Divine Purpose".
    I am aware that it is not statisticly the most preferred talent.

Until WoD the tooltip has read:
    PASSIVE:
    Abilities that cost Holy Power have a 25% chance to trigger the Divine purpose effect.
    DIVINE PURPOSE:
    "Your next Holy Power ability will consume no holy power and will be cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed [Lasts 8 sec.] "

This means that our hardest hitting melee-ability (Templar's Verdict) has a chance to prog, as it consumes Holy Power. For reasons not relevant to the discussion, this talent has always been MY preferred choice.

Now, at first looking into the WoD talent-calculator I was amazed with the level 100 talent "Final Verdict" - Which was basically nothing but a pure upgrade to "Templar's Verdict".
    Increased base damage and increased range. And I was thrilled and excited for what I assumed went without saying. Of course "Divine Purpose" would then still be in effect when changing from "Templar's Verdict" to "Final Verdict", right?

But then I noticed something when I looked at the "Divine Purpose"-talent.
    Not only will the effect now exclude "Final Verdict" but ALSO "Templar's Verdict".
    I could actually live with them excluding a comepletely new ability - even more so because it is just a boosted version of the previous one. But simply removing the whole concept of what I find the best "damage-output increase-prog" for Retribution Paladins..?

It may seem like a small change but "Divine Purpose" has been important to my experience as a Retribution Paladin, and it has made playing Ret Pala much more dynamic, in my opinion.

I hope it's a mistake or that others will see a problem with it. I really do.
    I'm sure Blizz is making changes like this to many other classes.
    Seemingly small changes that will feel like a slap to the face when you realize they actually revamp your whole style of playing.

I'm not expecting anyone to feel particularly sorry for me or other ret palas who dislike this change, but know that I at least feel sorry for anyone whose class suffers from undergoing these kinds of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnPenn View Post
    Please keep in mind that I am far from a hardcore WoW-gamer!
    I do very much enjoy the game on something close to an everyday basis
    - and have done so since the release of WotLK.

I couldn't find anywhere else to put this nugget of discussion, so I've settled on trying here.

I've noticed a slight change of the tooltip in the talent-calculators.
    - And looking around on forums and youtube, it seems I'm the only one who cares.
    But to make sure it's not just due to a lack of exposure of info, I'll just let people know

In the Retribution spec. we currently have a talent called "Divine Purpose".
    I am aware that it is not statisticly the most preferred talent.

Until WoD the tooltip has read:
    PASSIVE:
    Abilities that cost Holy Power have a 25% chance to trigger the Divine purpose effect.
    DIVINE PURPOSE:
    "Your next Holy Power ability will consume no holy power and will be cast as if 3 Holy Power were consumed [Lasts 8 sec.] "

This means that our hardest hitting melee-ability (Templar's Verdict) has a chance to prog, as it consumes Holy Power. For reasons not relevant to the discussion, this talent has always been MY preferred choice.

Now, at first looking into the WoD talent-calculator I was amazed with the level 100 talent "Final Verdict" - Which was basically nothing but a pure upgrade to "Templar's Verdict".
    Increased base damage and increased range. And I was thrilled and excited for what I assumed went without saying. Of course "Divine Purpose" would then still be in effect when changing from "Templar's Verdict" to "Final Verdict", right?

But then I noticed something when I looked at the "Divine Purpose"-talent.
    Not only will the effect now exclude "Final Verdict" but ALSO "Templar's Verdict".
    I could actually live with them excluding a comepletely new ability - even more so because it is just a boosted version of the previous one. But simply removing the whole concept of what I find the best "damage-output increase-prog" for Retribution Paladins..?

It may seem like a small change but "Divine Purpose" has been important to my experience as a Retribution Paladin, and it has made playing Ret Pala much more dynamic, in my opinion.

I hope it's a mistake or that others will see a problem with it. I really do.
    I'm sure Blizz is making changes like this to many other classes.
    Seemingly small changes that will feel like a slap to the face when you realize they actually revamp your whole style of playing.

I'm not expecting anyone to feel particularly sorry for me or other ret palas who dislike this change, but know that I at least feel sorry for anyone whose class suffers from undergoing these kinds of changes.
    As I've mentioned in previous thread couple days ago, DP tooltip has a massive typo. DP works same as it does on live there's no difference betwen live and beta version. DP works with FV same as it does with TV. DP also has same synergy with Empowered DS aka 4p T16.

As said I'll repeat again, DP's tooltip is wrong so don't fear, as DP will continue working as it does on live. Only thing they need to do is change tool tip text.
    Last edited by Monoroth; 2014-08-26 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for your reply.
    And I'm really glad to hear that!

I just thought I'd been fairly thorough in search for my answer.
    But I must've overlooked your explanation of it