Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    What you linked supports what I said, not what you said.

Objective information saying they intended to nerf health stones and not buff first aid plis.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Do I need to bold that?

Healthstones are ... not a raid buff.

You're apparently suffering from selective reading.

I understand that the distinction may be hard to see, but it's very intentional. Tonics are the primary reason for First Aid to be valuable in Warlords. Healthstones are a minor perk to a class, like Mage food, not a raid buff.

They made this change to make first aid valuable in warlords, he then goes on to try and downplay what healthstones are as if to ignore that they were ever considered raid utility in the first place.

Nowhere in there does he say he did this in order to nerf warlock utility.

edit: aw, my post count got past "dreadlord"... bloodsail admiral is super lame.

You don't seem to understand changes can have more than one reason.

-they want first aid to be useful
    -they want healthstones to no longer be a raid utlity (in the sense that you need a lock to get the benefit)

Two birds one stone.

You no longer bring a lock for stones, bring one just means you get free tonics (like free vendor food from mages) only weaker. Ergo a perk rather than a utility for locks.

10+ Year Old Account
    They made no secret though that they wanted to cut our utility back though, but it's been abundantly clear he just isn't a Warlock guy for quite some time now so he's probably not entirely clear on the reasoning behind changes himself. He seems pretty clear here:

It's all about Gateways for us

Yeah which is why I said

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    His overvaluing of gateway as our raid utility is silly to me though, I haven't done a single encounter where I found it even useful so far in testing and I regularly got made fun of on progression this xpac for finding uses for it all the time. The nerfed range is frankly too short for it to really be useful on much of anything.
    and we all know how having such a ridiculously niche utility is nowhere near the level of healthstones that he somehow thinks aren't utility even though his company does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah which is why I said

and we all know how having such a ridiculously niche utility is nowhere near the level of healthstones that he somehow thinks aren't utility even though his company does.
    Not disagreeing that it sucks, because it does. It's just how they want it.

Healthstones seems like such a petty thing to worry about. More important thing is to maintain a 12 inch epeen or in my case 13

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They made no secret though that they wanted to cut our utility back though, but it's been abundantly clear he just isn't a Warlock guy for quite some time now so he's probably not entirely clear on the reasoning behind changes himself. He seems pretty clear here:

It's all about Gateways for us
    The post is odd because he is talking about MoP gateway which does have some limited use when in WoD its so heavily nerfed it would be hard to find a good fight to use it on. In many encounters in SoO you can replace gateway with feathers or stampeding roar. My guild only really uses gateway on Garrosh (not needed really first phase is a wash) and siegecrafter for beltrunners, but its not amazing there either (guild one shot siegecrafter with no locks when we usually wipe 2-3 times)

I can understand his quote if he meant ToT where gateway was huge on alot of fight, but the massive nerfs going into SoO and even more going into WoD makes the comment look odd. I'm sure we'll still find a use for it, but I don't think you'll be able to make strats around using it that would be even slight better than normal strats.

Despite what Celestalon said...they should reverse it. HS should be stronger than Tonics, much like the other consumables in the game are weaker than their actual class counter parts. A great example of this would be the Drums of Rage being a 25% version of Heroism/Bloodlust rather than the full 30%. Class > Item.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

They can't remove HS's from the game guys.. or we would have no way of starting the green fire quest line!!

Rumor has it though that you can now actually combine the Tome of the Lost Legion with a tonic, and instantly get Green fire.