Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The best way I've found (if you have the gold) is buying Arena carries, get 550 conquest gear, run flex for better trinkets and you're set in about a week. The week you hit 90 do your best to run every LFR you have time for to clear you Sigils legendary quest segment and get started on valor ASAP (cause that part sucks so much).

Quote Originally Posted by Waylay73 View Post
    Note this is account based. The OP doesn't mention if this boost is an alt or main. But so long as you have the cloak on one character for that account any character can get to Ordos and loot(I have confirmed this in game)

From the OP post one can asume he has no other lvl 90 character, especialy from the part "I'm 509 ilvl atm and am very new to the concept of upgrading gear"

But you are right i should of said that one can't do Ordos before he has a Legendary cloak on any toon on his account.

A lot of good advice in here, but to any newly boosted hunters seeking a short guide, here's what I did (I'm sure this can apply to any class)

1. farmed honor and got full Grievous geared by
    • a. doing dungeons and converting JP to honor @500JP:250h
    • b. doing BGs though if your battlegroup sucked ass like mine option a. is faster

2. found a 2s partner to do arenas
    • a. lose streak to ~600 mmr
    • b. start winning back to ~1200 mmr

3. get full set Prideful Gladiator gear

There's really no better gear for fresh 90 toons right now unless you pay for runs or get carried by a/your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    A lot of good advice in here, but to any newly boosted hunters seeking a short guide, here's what I did (I'm sure this can apply to any class)

1. farmed honor and got full Grievous geared by
    • a. doing dungeons and converting JP to honor @500JP:250h
    • b. doing BGs though if your battlegroup sucked ass like mine option a. is faster

2. found a 2s partner to do arenas
    • a. lose streak to ~600 mmr
    • b. start winning back to ~1200 mmr

3. get full set Prideful Gladiator gear

There's really no better gear for fresh 90 toons right now unless you pay for runs or get carried by a/your guild.
    The only problem with the 550 ilvl gear is you can get a few pieces now but not all. Due to the catch up mechanic for CP you can get a few pieces in the first week but i am not sure how much CP will a freshly dinged toon be alowed to get on first week atm.

Where 550 is superior to any 540 flex stuff or 535 timeless item those could be upgraded x4 times for +16 ilvl. In addition Celestials drop 553 pve and 550 pvp stuff that shouldn't be neglected. So if a freshly digned 90 wants to get max gear asap he should do everything and get a mix of the best things he managed to lay his hands on.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need 560 to raid. Get oqueue or use the build in Blizz tool, and make your own Flex 1/2 pugs for the first week. Coupled with Celestials and some pvp honor stuff, you'll be 530 in no time. Then create a pug yourself for normal mode.

The ilevel craze towards the end of an xpac is always the same. You do not need 560 to enter normal mode and while you can't dictate what other peeps requirements are, you can run a team yourself.

Beginning of any week, there are so many people wanting to do Flex/Normal that it's literally a matter of 10 minutes to assemble a group. My advise would also be to do a 25men not 10 for normals. It's a very forgiving joke of a mode, perfect for someone without xp.

Just watch some videos for the fights so you know what you're doing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    The only problem with the 550 ilvl gear is you can get a few pieces now but not all. Due to the catch up mechanic for CP you can get a few pieces in the first week but i am not sure how much CP will a freshly dinged toon be alowed to get on first week atm.

Where 550 is superior to any 540 flex stuff or 535 timeless item those could be upgraded x4 times for +16 ilvl. In addition Celestials drop 553 pve and 550 pvp stuff that shouldn't be neglected. So if a freshly digned 90 wants to get max gear asap he should do everything and get a mix of the best things he managed to lay his hands on.
    At this point a fresh 90 who just dinged will have a CP cap of about 27000 conq points

So a full set of 550 gear

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    After a 2 year hiatus it gave me a 28.2k conquest weekly cap so doing the 2s CP farm gave me a full prideful set. I still recommend LFR or Flex ilvl trinkets though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    After a 2 year hiatus it gave me a 28.2k conquest weekly cap so doing the 2s CP farm gave me a full prideful set. I still recommend LFR or Flex ilvl trinkets though
    I agree with you on that one, pvp trinkets do 0 for you in pve

Legendary Cloak + Regular Flex runs will be your best bet. Make sure to get your weekly Celestial kills (for 553 tier hands and legs) and Ordos (if you have cloak on your account).