Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    My post still stands.

- Undead racial is a second trinket against fear classes, even if 30 seconds later with the internal cooldown.^^ Woa a second trinket.
    - Best US Horde pvp players are not human, so I am not sure you can say something valid supporting the supposed almighty human racial after this fact. But after all, you tried with your last reply.
    - Yep, best eu pvp players switched to human, not sure why, as undead are horde and these ought to be the best, but like you said, this is the trend.^^
    - Best eu pvp players switched to human, that doesn't make the human racial the better best must have ETC... -> If they did stayed horde, they would still be on top, see that?
    - And to end my contribution in this thread and because this sums up things nicely and this shouldn't be skipped like it was not a fact: check us ladders, top 1000 players basically 5% are human...
    Look, it's simple.

* EU PVPers go human because human racial is OP (not for all setups, sure, but for many).
    * US PVPers stay Horde because it's their tradition to stay Horde. There's some pride in staying Horde despite human racial being OP. You want serious PVP, you go Horde, etc. In US.

That's all there is to it.

You might ask, why it is not the reverse - the undead racial is OP and it's the EU guys who roll humans because of some tradition. The answer is simple: there is no tradition to roll humans. The only tradition in EU is to roll whatever is best.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-09-02 at 02:37 PM.

I will say it again, disabling racials in PvP solves all this fuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Look, it's simple.

* EU PVPers go human because human racial is OP (not for all setups, sure, but for many).
    * US PVPers stay Horde because it's their tradition to stay Horde. There's some pride in staying Horde despite human racial being OP. You want serious PVP, you go Horde, etc. In US.

That's all there is to it.

You might ask, why it is not the reverse - the undead racial is OP and it's the EU guys who roll humans because of some tradition. The answer is simple: there is no tradition to roll humans. The only tradition in EU is to roll whatever is best.
    In the US it's not about pride or tradition, it's about whatever faction reckful and his fanboys decide to roll. Everyone on US was alliance in cata.

Only thing that makes EMFH overpowered, is the pvp trinkets themselves. If they are limited, so is the use of EMFH too.
    This means that EMFH is dependent on the trinkets that can effectively be used in PvP, where in MoP, the double dps trinket got out of hand. But that can easily be fixed, which they have already stated that they will be doing for WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    In the US it's not about pride or tradition, it's about whatever faction reckful and his fanboys decide to roll. Everyone on US was alliance in cata.
    OK, I stand corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Only thing that makes EMFH overpowered, is the pvp trinkets themselves. If they are limited, so is the use of EMFH too.
    This means that EMFH is dependent on the trinkets that can effectively be used in PvP, where in MoP, the double dps trinket got out of hand. But that can easily be fixed, which they have already stated that they will be doing for WoD
    Yeah, except double DPS trinkets were out of hand not only in MoP but in all seasons of WotLK and Cata as well, and except they say they will reign this in by making trinkets less powerful before every single expansion.

Either you are new to WoW PVP or you haven't been paying attention.

[/quote]
    Yeah, except double DPS trinkets were out of hand not only in MoP but in all seasons of WotLK and Cata as well, and except they say they will reign this in by making trinkets less powerful before every single expansion.

Either you are new to WoW PVP or you haven't been paying attention.[/QUOTE]

I know that, but have you been paying attention? As someone marked out earlier, the only real trinkets you can choose between is a versatility trinket or a battlemaster trinket.

Deleted
    You really expect humans racial to be fine in wod ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    I know that, but have you been paying attention? As someone marked out earlier, the only real trinkets you can choose between is a versatility trinket or a battlemaster trinket.
    We haven't seen PVE ones yet. Yes, I know, ilvl difference. But we haven't seen them.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I see PVE trinkets now in the DB. There's certainly potential for abuse there.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked into the DB more and... LOL, what am I even talking about wrt PVE trinkets - they are a concern, but things are much simpler. We are going to have the traditional Insignia + Badge combo, which gives you a lot of added burst at the cost of less damage reduction.

If what we see in the DB is what we are going to have in the game, EMFH is going to stay OP. Guaranteed.

We haven't seen PVE ones yet. Yes, I know, ilvl difference. But we haven't seen them.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I see PVE trinkets now in the DB. There's certainly potential for abuse there.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked into the DB more and... LOL, what am I even talking about wrt PVE trinkets - they are a concern, but things are much simpler. We are going to have the traditional Insignia + Badge combo, which gives you a lot of added burst at the cost of less damage reduction.

If what we see in the DB is what we are going to have in the game, EMFH is going to stay OP. Guaranteed.
    Funny how you can call it guaranteed before tuning phase is over and before WoD has actually hit. Unless you got alot of insider information, then there is no way to tell yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    It is perfectly normal for them to leave it as it is.They added racials to every race to give them some dps bonuses which is a good change in pve.Anyway PVP wise if they change EMFH it will be totally unfair ,If you are gonna change the EMFH or remove it ,something has to be done about all other racials that give pvp advantage- Will of the forsaken ,Orc stun reduce racial,gnome escape artist , NE shadowmelt which allows avoiding spells i might be forgeting something but you get my point.Either remove all advantages in Pvp from all Races or don't touch anything. I personally prefer the removal of the advantages , Choosing a race should be all about Role play and personal taste not advantages.
    Or just replace EMFH with some other PvP racial? xd
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    That's what I am saying, basically.^^Best EU pvp players playing humans is the trend, mind you.

What I read is some fact (that I don't know), and your very own conclusions from it.

My post still stands.

- Undead racial is a second trinket against fear classes, even if 30 seconds later with the internal cooldown.^^ Woa a second trinket.
    - Best US Horde pvp players are not human, so I am not sure you can say something valid supporting the supposed almighty human racial after this fact. But after all, you tried with your last reply.
    - Yep, best eu pvp players switched to human, not sure why, as undead are horde and these ought to be the best, but like you said, this is the trend.^^
    - Best eu pvp players switched to human, that doesn't make the human racial the better best must have ETC... -> If they did stayed horde, they would still be on top, see that?
    - And to end my contribution in this thread and because this sums up things nicely and this shouldn't be skipped like it was not a fact: check us ladders, top 1000 players basically 5% are human...
    Your post doesn't really stand because in nearly every game (pvp or otherwise) EU is seen as more hardcore then US and tends to hold more higher ranks and have more difficult competition. The reason WHY is debatable, but the common argument is that the average US person works more hours than the average EU (40~ vs 37~?)

The fact that a couple streamers can sway a faction says volumes about how competitive things are, in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Losing 10% damage reduction is alot to lose though. 10% damage reduction and stats > 10% damage.

Deleted
    US players are horde because that's where the community is, alliance has better pvp racials

also every time arena tournament realm comes along, all the best US players play alliance as well.

Blizzard have said themselves that racials are overrated and often point to the fact that while the whole of EU PvP is Alliance, the US PvP communities are all Horde. That imho is a false comparison to make.

I'd like to bet that if you did blind testing, you assigned each team (regardless of their actual faction) to be either Horde or Alliance at arena start and played thousands of arena games, eventually you would see a trend that those teams who played as Alliance won more games.

Why? Well, in the current climate of chaining extreme Burst damage, that extra agility, strength, intellect that comes from humans having an on use trinket for burst phase is worth far more than any other racial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only problem I have is the name, Every Man for Himself sounds like we're all panicking and running away. Needs a nice heroic name like "Lionheart's Valor" or something.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by redderz1 View Post
    Blizzard have said themselves that racials are overrated and often point to the fact that while the whole of EU PvP is Alliance, the US PvP communities are all Horde. That imho is a false comparison to make.

I'd like to bet that if you did blind testing, you assigned each team (regardless of their actual faction) to be either Horde or Alliance at arena start and played thousands of arena games, eventually you would see a trend that those teams who played as Alliance won more games.

Why? Well, in the current climate of chaining extreme Burst damage, that extra agility, strength, intellect that comes from humans having an on use trinket for burst phase is worth far more than any other racial.
    you assume blizzard has any idea how the pvp meta works.

Deleted
    It's the only way they can get people to play as Human, because it's such a boring race otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I've been waiting years for this piece of shit op racial to be trashed, and yet it lives on.
    Everything blizz says its trying to achieve in pvp is just blown out of the water when you see that emfh still exsist. Heck, all of the alliance racials vastly favour pvp scenarios.

I'd much rather play a dwarf, but EMFH being so blatantly OP keeps me playing a boring human.