Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You can be a fucking tree. When else are we given such a cool option?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    That will be 2.99$ for a druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't choose Druid. The more Druids there are, the less of a snowflake I feel.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarob22 View Post
    Feral (kitty) dps is generally agreed upon as one of the harder dps specs to play (along with enh shammy)
    I stopped reading your post when you said that Enhancement Shaman was a hard spec to play...

All in all Druid is the ultimate class for someone who wants flexibility within their individual specs and between the four specs themselves. The class gives you a lot of ways for you to add a lot to a dungeon, raid or instanced PvP group. But as everyone has stated, fun and enjoyable is subjective. I find Druid to be incredibly fun and exciting and Feral has become my main choice going into WoD for the above reasons, and more. I choose enjoyment, complexity and diverse toolkit over FotM classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Jack of all trades, potential master of them all.
    Pretty much sums it up. Of the hybrids, Paladin and Monk, we are the only ones that can literally do all roles.

Tank, Mdps, Rdps and Heal.

No matter what your guild needs for its raid team, you can fit that role. However, bag/banks become issue with gear sets.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasard View Post
    Hi!

I'm considering my options ahead of the next expansion, I have played mage for a good 9 years on and and off now and am looking for a change. Primarily I would like to DPS but like the idea of dipping in to different roles when I fancy. So what do you love and hate about druid? What are your thoughts on the expansion and how do do you think druid compares to other classes in terms of fun.

Thanks!
    What can the druid do Gul'dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Pretty much sums it up. Of the hybrids, Paladin and Monk, we are the only ones that can literally do all roles.

Tank, Mdps, Rdps and Heal.

No matter what your guild needs for its raid team, you can fit that role. However, bag/banks become issue with gear sets.
    True about roles, but i dont see the reason why would bag/banks be issue in WoD as pretty much of all our gear is multiactive as we switch our specs. If your'e going for min/max yea, they can be an issue, but if you stick to mediocore play i see only one set of gear with multiple accessories.

As someone who played hybrids since day1 of WoW (vanilla - druid, bc - pala, LK - shaman, cata - shaman, MoP - monk) i see druids as jack of all trades, as someone already mentioned and ONLY class that can fit in every role slot which is one of + things for druids.
    Im only playing melee/healers and, with current changes to monk, i will most probably main druid. Im sorry to say, but compared to all other melee classes feral druid feels most fun on beta even so its really broken atm. With the QOL changes to combo points and positional requirements and some optional glyphs added i feel like druid finally got to a point where its easy to pick up and learn your spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eno View Post
    True about roles, but i dont see the reason why would bag/banks be issue in WoD as pretty much of all our gear is multiactive as we switch our specs. If your'e going for min/max yea, they can be an issue, but if you stick to mediocore play i see only one set of gear with multiple accessories.
    This is true. I always forget that facet of WoD. There will be less bag/bank issues now with 1 set for Balance/Resto and 1 set for Feral/guardian + trinkets

I love them, druids that is

I think the one thing druid has that no one else does and is kind of cool is the ability to fill any of all 4 roles (temporarily) mid fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Linblum View Post
    I'm not selling any druids.
    Huehuehue

HUEHUEHUEHUE

But honestly though

4 specs. Many flavours to choose from. Also by playing one spec you still retain your hybrid status. By going bear you don't lose your healing or ranged spells. Pop heart of the wild and make them useful temporarily.

I would play mine more, but it's on the alliance side and all my friends are on horde so it's sitting there picking up dust. Though I might transfer it on wod launch.

Play what you feel tbh, no one can really sell you a druid based on their own perceptions. Personally I play druid for feral, not for the class but simply put it is the only class that uses bleed dots to deal damage. That is the selling point for me. For you since you played a mage for years then you might be pulled in by moonkin if you enjoy casting so much, but then why not just continue the mage if that is the case?

I keep telling my friend I wish he played a shaman instead of a paladin but he hates shaman, so he eventually leveled a shaman and it is now in the recycling bin because he hated it. I sold it to him and said he would love it, he said it was okay but much preferred his pala. Try the class to level 30 and see if it "clicks" if it does then it might be the class for you if not then at least you never wasted alot of time to find that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    - Shred (and Ravage) requires you to be behind the target, but in this expansion it's useless, even in raids we use mangle, why would you want to use it when soloing? Anyway, OP is talking about the next expansion where facing requirements are removed, you can shred from every single position you want.
    I rarely go kitty due to my main spec being guardian, but my understanding is that shred is anything but useless in raids. If you're using mangle instead of shred consistently, you're pulling sub optimal DPS.

Mangle is used in the rotation over shred under two situations:
    -Build combo points at the start
    -When you can't get behind a target

You should always be behind the target when possible, regardless if you're using mangle or shred.

Mangle is only used at the start because it generates combo points faster than shred due to the lower energy cost. Once Savage Roar and Rip is up though, you should shredding instead- especially when it comes to extra Omen of Clarity procs once thrash is already on the target as that cancels out the energy cost advantage Mangle has. Once thrash is up you should always use OoC for Shred instead of Mangle.

Dream of Cenarius grants your finishers a free healing touch that grants a 30% damage increase to the next two melee attacks- which should be applied to rip and rake first. Once they're up with the 30% bonus, the 30% bonus benefits shred more so than mangle due to it doing more damage which is why mangle should be used at the start and shred is used afterwards. Especially once your Ferocious Bites start renewing your buffed rip bleed.

There seems to be some debate whether mange only or shred only is more DPS (they're pretty close) but everything I've read agrees that mangle + shred is superior to either.

I'm bidding 1 dollar for you to play druid

Going ONCE
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

Deleted
    You can be a tree, cat, bear, a viscous fat chicken, cheetah and you can dance in all those forms! Isn't that enough to roll a druid?

But you can't be a gnome druid. That would be too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I hate that one of the feral abilities requires you to be behind the target. Sucks when soloing.

It used to be far worse, Feral didn't get mangle until level 50 and you had to use claw when soloing content. I leveled a feral during TBC, it was an extremely painful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasard View Post
    Hi!

I'm considering my options ahead of the next expansion, I have played mage for a good 9 years on and and off now and am looking for a change. Primarily I would like to DPS but like the idea of dipping in to different roles when I fancy. So what do you love and hate about druid? What are your thoughts on the expansion and how do do you think druid compares to other classes in terms of fun.

Thanks!
    Here ya go

Deleted
    Resto.

I think its one of my favorite specs in the game. The freedom of jsut jumping aroudn throwing hots. I dunno. I love it.

I've never mained a healer but thats the only one i would ever considder maining

Change into animals, play any role, best class in the game.

Maybe I'm a little biased, though. :3

Hmm I don't actually play, what could I buy? Nope not selling, sorry.

You weren't specific about the kind of content you enjoy but Druid gives you the most options regarding role and Moonkin is supposed to be better in WoD.

That said you never really know how a class is going to turn out for an expansion. It can be a world beater for all of beta and then get nerfed shortly after release and suck all expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    That said you never really know how a class is going to turn out for an expansion. It can be a world beater for all of beta and then get nerfed shortly after release and suck all expansion.
    Warrior? God mod in PvP until 5.1 (I think it was 5.1) then subpar rest of seasons/patches.