Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    This is true. I always forget that facet of WoD. There will be less bag/bank issues now with 1 set for Balance/Resto and 1 set for Feral/guardian + trinkets

I love them, druids that is
    Well.. most of current armor gear is swapping primary stats as you change roles so it would be agi > Int. What i said about min-maxing is regarding secondary stats (crit, multistrike, vers, haste) and role specific bonuses (spirit and bonus armor).
    So, if you decided to go mediocore one set of optimized armor is enough, with role specific accessories.

If my memory serves me right, druid secondary stats priority goes like this:

Balance: Mastery
    Feral: Critical Strike
    Guardian: Mastery
    Restoration: Haste

So, by looking at this, best scenario is that, if youre going mediocore/semipro, you can easily use balance armor gear to tank as INT will switch to AGI and as secondary stat are the same, you wont even need to re-enchant/regem.

Ofc, all role specific bonuses (spirit/bonus armor) will say, but it will be grayed out since its useless to Bears/Booms.

That being said, as INT converts to AGI (and vice versa) same gear can be used for Feral and Resto too, but due to different main secondary stat you will perform decently and you would have to re-enchant/regem. So if youre casual/mediocore player you wont bother with different sets for different roles.

Off topic, but regarding what i said.. Of all healers Monks have the best advantage at gearing as their WW and MW specs will use multistrike, and taking in concern that MW monks are still spirit free they dont even need +spirit role stat on gear.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2014-08-28 at 04:28 AM.

I main'd a shaman between vanilla and up until MoP, I never played a druid. I leveled a druid in MoP and hit 90 about two months ago. Balance/ resto. Nobody told me Druids have it all... besides some subtle utility functions each spec literally has a kind of version of every ability from every class. Granted there are short comings to some of these spells but it offers a ton of control and variety. I main'd my monk in MoP and while I enjoy windwalker immensely I was almost sure I was going back to my shaman for Warlords, but I'm 99% sure at this point my druid will be my goto guy.

And flight form...! I don't have gathering but nobody ever told me it was this amazingly convenient. My only real beef. I understand some people like the nostalgia/ goofiness of Moonkin form but I think it looks stupid as F- so I'm stuck using a glyph. If Blizzard ever updates the oldest player model still used (LOL) I hope they actually overhaul it in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    If Blizzard ever updates the oldest player model still used (LOL) I hope they actually overhaul it in some way.
    Correct me if im wrong but, druids form got overhaul at the start of Cata, are they not? Thats the only reason why devs stated that they will not update druid forms at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eno View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but, druids form got overhaul at the start of Cata, are they not? Thats the only reason why devs stated that they will not update druid forms at this moment.
    Mid-Wrath for Cat and Bear Forms only. In Cata, when Tree Form was removed they made a new one and assigned it to the Tree of Life cd which is now the resto Incarnation. So it was more like an early Incarnation implementation. Travel Form was updated in MoP.

Moonkin form has been the same since the end of Vanilla, with no form at all before that.

I have long avoided the druid myself, up until very recently. I'm not big into the animal and nature themed schtick. In the past it was a pain to level (abilities spaced horribly). It was the only class I never got up to 90 until now..

Really what pushed me over the edge was the common gearset in WoD. As someone trying to limit myself to one toon per expansion - the appeal of doing 2 different types of DPS, plus healing to get faster 5man/LFR queues was terribly attractive. I used to main a Rogue and considering Feral is pretty much all three rogue specs rolled into one spec, it's just as (if not moreso) fun.

I'd recommend the Druid if you aren't really into playing/working on several alts. Because why not? In the past hybrid specs were bland and boring and were generally intentionally worse DPSers. If you can get down with Rogues, Warriors, and like HOT's - can't lose.
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-09-02 at 04:59 PM.

£40 from blizzstore, you're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto is a lot fun. I like the HoT-centric theme and it doesn't feel sloppy like Holy Priests do. I'm excited for the Germination talent.

Balance is okay. Not my favorite ranged dps.

Currently working on a Feral set but haven't tried it yet. Liking the looks of that Conquerors of Shamballa talent.