Ancestral Guidance + Cloudburst Totem?

I am not in the beta currently, but have been following all the changes made to restro shaman among other classes.

I have read lots of forum posts but have not yet found anyone talking about actual mechanics and cooldown combinations they used. I see mostly posts bashing on how nerfed and useless everything is.

So if anyone has tried Ancestral Guidance + Cloudburst Totem in a raid encounter preferably, please elaborate on how it worked out as I am very interested. It looks to me like a very viable option other then High Tide, which most ppl think to be the only viable lvl 100 talent.

Also I am not too sure how cloudburst totem works, tooltip is a bit confusing to me. Does it absorb your heals, only 20% of the heals or does it work like a delayed Ancestral Guidance?

Thank you everyone in advanced for your input and opinions!

- - - Updated - - -

Well.. Ancestral Guidance just got a nerf in 6.0.2 so I guess it was a really strong combination. Should still be good, will definitely try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EKUEOLOFi View Post
    I am not in the beta currently, but have been following all the changes made to restro shaman among other classes.

I have read lots of forum posts but have not yet found anyone talking about actual mechanics and cooldown combinations they used. I see mostly posts bashing on how nerfed and useless everything is.

So if anyone has tried Ancestral Guidance + Cloudburst Totem in a raid encounter preferably, please elaborate on how it worked out as I am very interested. It looks to me like a very viable option other then High Tide, which most ppl think to be the only viable lvl 100 talent.

Also I am not too sure how cloudburst totem works, tooltip is a bit confusing to me. Does it absorb your heals, only 20% of the heals or does it work like a delayed Ancestral Guidance?

Thank you everyone in advanced for your input and opinions!

- - - Updated - - -

Well.. Ancestral Guidance just got a nerf in 6.0.2 so I guess it was a really strong combination. Should still be good, will definitely try it out.
    What do you mean it was nerfed? All I see is that its range has been changed from 0 yards to 40 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blithe View Post
    What do you mean it was nerfed? All I see is that its range has been changed from 0 yards to 40 yards.
    I may be mistaken, but before didn't it used to heal everyone? or at least more people?

Quote Originally Posted by EKUEOLOFi View Post
    I may be mistaken, but before didn't it used to heal everyone? or at least more people?
    it does heal everyone ... in a 40 yard radius ... for the amount split between all targets ....

also high tide is pretty much mandatory were are back to CH spam again. furthermore conducitivity + ele blast are required for mana conservation.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    it does heal everyone ... in a 40 yard radius ... for the amount split between all targets ....

also high tide is pretty much mandatory were are back to CH spam again. furthermore conducitivity + ele blast are required for mana conservation.
    Now it only heals up to 3 targets. Im preety sure thats new. I'd have to check on live to see how it is.

It was same on live, duplicates to 3 ppl within 40 yards each tick, but during the 10 seconds uptime, it can select different groups.
    AG is heavily nerfed compared to live, from 60% to 20%.
    Cloudburst stores 20% of both AG and ascendance (including overheal), but doesn't store healing from totems such as HST or healing tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    It was same on live, duplicates to 3 ppl within 40 yards each tick, but during the 10 seconds uptime, it can select different groups.
    AG is heavily nerfed compared to live, from 60% to 20%.
    Cloudburst stores 20% of both AG and ascendance (including overheal), but doesn't store healing from totems such as HST or healing tide.
    Damn thx for the info. not as strong as i though, but if used properly can be good..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's only 20% healing (down from 60% [Restoration] and 40% [Elemental, Enhancement]) split between 3 targets within 40 yards. The change on the front page was most likely a data-mining error. Sadly, it's still better than both Rushing Streams and Conductivity simply because Healing Stream Totem was literally neutered, and Conductivity would only be useful in a very niche, stacked, situation where you'd like to spend those extra few global's on damage instead.

Cloudburst Totem collects the healing from all of your spells and their multistrikes which includes everything but your healing totems. When the totem is destroyed, replaced, or expires (after 15 seconds), 20% of the healing that was done while it was active is then released and split evenly among all targets within 40 yards.

These two abilities can be used together.

What about the AG right before cloudburst blows up? Does the healing from cloudburst totem proc AG?

Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    What about the AG right before cloudburst blows up? Does the healing from cloudburst totem proc AG?
    No, AG and Ascendance aren't affected, they don't get any extra healing when cloudburst totem expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    No, AG and Ascendance aren't affected, they don't get any extra healing when cloudburst totem expires.
    Does Cloudburst totem provides decent amount of healing ? Or is the lvl 100 tier talent really that bad ?

No, all testing I did with cloudburst show it to be mediocre in current tuning. It only stores 20%, and it's difficult to make good use of it since we have to plan it 15 seconds in advance of when we need the burst, and then if we recall it early, it's an extra GCD on top of healing loss.

For such a complex to use talent, to be competitive I think it should heal much more than 20%, since high tide provides 23% - 74% (with riptide jumps) boost to CH without any special effort and extra GCDs, just normal rotation.

I guess it would be useful if in some encounters we won't be able to use CH, but it would be a very rare occasion. Maybe it would be more useful in PvP.
    Last edited by Koor; 2014-08-26 at 11:31 AM.