Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't specifically set out to "make" someone rage, but if they do, I definitely find it funny. It's like watching an idiot walk into the same glass door, twice and then cussing someone out over their own idiocy. It's a GAME, if you are flipping out over something happening to you in a game, maybe you aren't mature enough to actually play the game, so yeah, it's kind of funny.

I've never understood ragers.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    He is referring to mental health. You are talking about physical health.
    You both are right.
    How are you qualified to say that they are both right? Laughter is good for mental health. The onus to prove that the source of that laughter makes it detrimental is on you or the person making that claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    He is referring to mental health. You are talking about physical health.
    You both are right.
    Id say having fun is benefitial to both physical and mental health even if it makes the person an asshole in apperance to others, you can be perfectly sane and still enjoy trolling others, people are different and find different things fun.

Being in asshole is never healthy for anyone, but I don't think that's the issue. When low-level-gankers are feeding on the rage of people trying to level in peace, they're not gonna get enough and get cured somehow. Their personal problems are beyond this game to help, but we could reduce the power the ganker has to make everyone else miserable as well. Make new game policies or mechanics to stop them.
    Mother pus bucket!

My counter question would be: Is it healthy to rage about a video game? I know it's your time and the other person is wasting it, but if you're in a situation where you can be camped/killed low level/etc. then you chose that path by either queuing for a BG, or playing on a pvp server.

I've been frustrated on a pvp server before, but you can't get mad at anyone but yourself for choosing that.

So I say it's healthy because those servers attract that kind of person. You know starting on that server what to expect: to be killed out in the open. Is it healthy for people to take joy in the suffering of others? I guess not, but in this case, it's somewhat the victims' fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.
    Through passion, I gain high blood pressure.
    Through rage, I gain ulcers.
    Through frustration, I pop blood vessels.
    The rage shall free my blood from my vessels to cause internal hemorrhaging.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Being in asshole is never healthy for anyone, but I don't think that's the issue. When low-level-gankers are feeding on the rage of people trying to level in peace, they're not gonna get enough and get cured somehow. Their personal problems are beyond this game to help, but we could reduce the power the ganker has to make everyone else miserable as well. Make new game policies or mechanics to stop them.
    You're joking right?
    The game has PVP in it - what the players do with it is their choice.
    Don't want to get ganked randomly? Very simply solution.
    PLAY ON A NON PVP SERVER
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    You're joking right?
    The game has PVP in it - what the players do with it is their choice.
    Don't want to get ganked randomly? Very simply solution.
    PLAY ON A NON PVP SERVER

Yeah, that's my point, there shouldn't be lowlevel ganking, at least not without penalties.
    There are lots of things in WoW that are technically possible, but is considered to be morally bad.
    Im so fucking sick of that stupid "don't play on a pvp server"-argument. You can't just portal into another realm. I have a ton chars I would have to move, which would cost me a fortune. I would also find a new raiding guild as advanced as my own and never speak to my old guild again. You kinda build up reasons to stay over years and years playing with the same people. All that because some sorry misfits don't have the balls to do battlegrounds/arenas or highlevel zone WPVP.
    Getting killed by same-level = fine, not even frustrated or mad, but getting ganked by some 90 lowlife while trying hard to level up is just wrong. Well, if they can't take the criticism "they shouldn't have rolled on a freedom-of-opinion forum"
    Mother pus bucket!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    but is considered to be morally bad.
    what you consider morally bad isn't for others
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I'm so guilty in this... I've danced on a lot of corpses, and my belf male is surely makeing it better

I never kill lowlvls, or go out of my way to kill someone out in the world. I've had the rule of "don't kill, unless attacked" while questing etc. I hate when people kill me while lvling etc so that's why I don't. It's annoying.

However, I've made a lot of people rage in PvP.. I have had so many death threats it's not even funny. But I've made friends with the enemy teams aswell^^
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Yeah, that's my point, there shouldn't be lowlevel ganking, at least not without penalties.
    There are lots of things in WoW that are technically possible, but is considered to be morally bad.
    Im so fucking sick of that stupid "don't play on a pvp server"-argument. You can't just portal into another realm. I have a ton chars I would have to move, which would cost me a fortune. I would also find a new raiding guild as advanced as my own and never speak to my old guild again. You kinda build up reasons to stay over years and years playing with the same people. All that because some sorry misfits don't have the balls to do battlegrounds/arenas or highlevel zone WPVP.
    Getting killed by same-level = fine, not even frustrated or mad, but getting ganked by some 90 lowlife while trying hard to level up is just wrong. Well, if they can't take the criticism "they shouldn't have rolled on a freedom-of-opinion forum"

Game has pvp in it, if you're on a pvp server - chances are the other faction just might've rolled on that pvp server to -

NO WAIT..
    YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS...
    PVP...?
    UNHEARD OF!

Quit whinging about your fucking problems, if you get ganked at 46 by a 90 - big fucking deal. Log off and take a break, go play another game for a little bit, or hide inside a dungeon forever and level that way.

The argument still stands, whether you like it or not.
    If you are truly that upset about getting ganked on your 46 alt - maybe roll your alts on a PvE server, heirlooms are cross server and faction now.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

taunting people is stupid, unless you know what you are going to get.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    The answer is simple, dont like getting ganked, dont play on a fucking PvP server. If you rolled one a pvp server and are mad that youre getting ganked I have no sympathy for you at all and neither should anyone else you get what you ask for. Its common sense you'll be ganked and camped at some point on pvp servers.

its fun camping lower levels, hilarious actually and when it starts a battle its worth it. They're not assholes they're people playing the game doing what they're supposed to do on a pvp server. PVP.
    The problem is that the endless griefing, especially with flying mounts now in the old world, have resulted in the majority of PvP servers being the first ones to dry up. While many PvE servers went from High to Medium due to the exodus to mass pops and players leaving, many of the PvP servers went from High to Low or High to basically empty.

It stopped being enjoyable. Now, there's very few PvP servers with a remotely balanced population and most of the High population servers are dominated by a single faction. CRZ is largely the only reason you'll see any world activity now which is a whole other can of worms as it's blatantly exploitable by abuse of phasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    There are no morals rules to PvP. Can't take the heat? Don't roll on a PvP server or xfer off.
    That's largely the problem. People have been transferring off or transferring to a PvP server where their faction is in the supermajority. This has left a lot of PvP servers to basically shrivel and die, requiring large amounts of realm mergers to become functional again.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-26 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I think people do that kind of thing in games like this because they feel so inadequate in real life.

You're wanting for PvP to be fair. It's not. It will not. You have an option to not be part of something you see unfair.
    Oh I don't want it to be super fair. It's world PvP. It's more of with things like old world flying and the phasing of CRZ being exploitable, there's simple no way to protect from outright griefers anymore. You used to be able to call in guildmates and friends who would hunt down those obnoxious corpse campers (often times shit players in greens) as they could only flee on ground mounts. Now they just hover 1000 feet in the air until opposition leaves or phase out of sight.

I also find it hilarious when before realm mergers, you would see known griefers and members of griefing guilds begging Blizzard on the forums to save their dying server, even though they played a large part in it dying.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Which I get. But don't do everything in your power to make people rage quit and shut down the world, then turn around and beg for Blizzard to save your server and blame them.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-26 at 03:49 PM.

There wouldn't be server problems if people who don't like PvP didn't make toons on PvP servers.

It really only comes down to that. Blizzard has said many times that camping, killing lowbies and grieving is part of PvP and will not be look at by their game masters.
    I'm not saying it should. My point is just again, don't cry that your server is a barren wasteland if you're actively trying to make it worse. This was common before realm mergers. The mentality of "get off the server if you don't like it" is absolutely true. However if everyone leaves who gets fed up with those griefing guilds locking down the server, you won't be left with anyone to kill. That's what largely happened to the server I played on for years which was PvP and funny enough, the guilds that were the reason everyone left were the ones crying on the forums and begging Blizzard to please save their server.

edit: PvP servers that aren't the super massive population with a huge faction imbalance are largely empty compared to most servers with smaller more dedicated core groups that still remain, but they shouldn't be crying that their server is dead when they got what they wanted.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-26 at 03:55 PM.

Are you on NA or EU? Because the NA PvP servers pretty much dried up within a year of Cata launch aside from the few mass pops.

Everyone left for PvE servers or flocked to the mass pop PvPs which have such a huge faction disparity that you don't even get to world PvP.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-08-26 at 03:59 PM.

I'm on Kil'jaeden US (PvP), Tichondrius US (PvP), and Ysera US (PvE).
    So you're on two of the PvP servers that everyone flocked to and thus were not negatively affected and never saw the shift.