Deleted

GW1: there is a event ongoing where you can get a Free Tormented Weapon for your HoM.

Currently the special event Wayfarer's Reverie is active in GW1. In this special event you can get a free Tormented Weapon.

Event is from August 25th to September 1st 19:00 UTC

Tormented Weapon comes pre customized so you can't sell it for quick ecto. But you can dedicate it to the Valor Monument in your Hall of Monuments. You normally get them from exchanging an Armbrace of Truth but they are very expensive from players and doing DoA runs isn't an option for most people. You just need to complete these four quests (they are easy, also they take you to pretty locations)

Then exchange the rewards from these quest to Fylinn for a Reverie Gift. There are some quirks to the gift so you can't get an easy Tormented Shield. You can only get 1 Reverie Gift per account. But this is an easy HoM point and you get a shiny new weapon.

Excellent, I'll have to do this tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Cool. A shame I can't log into my GW1 account. It's been blocked for some reason and support has never responded back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Cool. A shame I can't log into my GW1 account. It's been blocked for some reason and support has never responded back to me.
    Wierd, I've asked a couple things this past year and got a response. (Granted, the response was "no, we can't help", but it existed!)

I may not miss a whole lot from GW1 these years past, but "click on a sign to run there" is something every MMO needs...

- - - Updated - - -

Guess you need all the games for it? I never did get Factions.

Don't tempt me to reinstall it and proceed to weep when I walk into a very empty HA int1

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Yeah, you do. Apparently you need to have completed them all too, or else you won't be able to get to some of the spots you need to go to.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out that I can't finish the questline either, since I never finished Factions.
    I did have a couple more bday presents waiting for me, so now I'm only 3 more pets away from another legacy point...

I never finished much of anything in GW1.

So I realized as I've been going through this that I got that reward 2 years ago...ah well, there are still other rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Yeah, I got a ton of presents too. Best one was the 7th birthday present for my oldest character. I think I'm at 29 points in my HoM, should go and check. Maybe I can put some of those pets on display and get the last point before there'd be nothing but titles left for me to get.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I went and put some more pets on display (I even have some left over now) and now I have all the 30 points you get items for. Now I really have no reason to play Guild Wars 1 anymore.
    I'm only at like 12 or 13 point I think, but not too worried about stuff. I never bothered doing grinds and got pulled away from the game soon after GW:EN.

(Ignore the out of orderness, just double checking something)