Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Things hopefull will not come to a head where they are as unwelcome in the US and Europe as we are in Afganistan and Iran.
    Westerners are welcome in Iran. What are you talking about? Iran is perfectly safe. As for Afghanistan, why would you want to go to a war-torn barren?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be more afraid of Russia at this point in time, not ISIS, Europe.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Europe has been bending backwards to accomodate the demands of its Islamic population for years now, so in a way it already has.
    Did you just compare the Islamic population of Europe to a terrorist group?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Westerners are welcome in Iran. What are you talking about? Iran is perfectly safe. As for Afghanistan, why would you want to go to a war-torn barren?
    Iran...perfectly safe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Did you just compare the Islamic population of Europe to a terrorist group?

- - - Updated - - -

Iran...perfectly safe...
    Yes, Iran is perfectly safe. Have you ever been there? It's a great place, probably the most friendly people out of any other middle eastern country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    It's the matter of the fear it would induced. Imagine if there was a IED planted a month, it would create quite a ripple effect.
    You're right, but only because we're collectively dumber than a sack of rocks and can't understand probability and risk worth a damn.

More than anything else, this hypothetical 'highway bomber' (and similar potential scenarios) just goes to show how non-threatening and incapable groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda really are. (At projecting force across continents - they're plenty deadly to the poor people stuck dealing with them face to face.) Just think about how much damage an Salafist terror group with one competent cell able to operate in Ameria could do - not by themselves, but via over-reaction. IEDs on the Interstate one week. Derail a train the next. Blow up a power station the third. The US would tear itself apart trying to deal with it. Yet it hasn't happened and likely won't - and not because of the hundreds of billions spent on security theater, domestic spying, militarized cops, and random military interventions. (This is where black ops strikes, the financial investigations, and old fashioned police/intel work actually can work. As can sane foreign policy.) But basically, we don't have terrorism running rampant in the US because there aren't very many terrorists, and most of the ones there are are incompetent with limited resources. Sure, if you have enough murderous nuts, eventually one group will get lucky with a spectacular attack, but 99% of what the US does in the name of "The War on Terror" isn't going to stop or mitigate such an attack anway.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Iran is perfectly safe. Have you ever been there? It's a great place, probably the most friendly people out of any other middle eastern country.
    The first generation Persian immigrants to the US I've met we're always surprisingly culturally close to Americans, actually.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The first generation Persian immigrants to the US I've met we're always surprisingly culturally close to Americans, actually.
    Yeah, actually, you'll find that true across most of the middle east, discounting the totalitarian Gulf oil monarchies. Iran is a great country to visit. If you think otherwise, you've been fooled by the propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, actually, you'll find that true across most of the middle east, discounting the totalitarian Gulf oil monarchies. Iran is a great country to visit. If you think otherwise, you've been fooled by the propaganda.
    Some of the rhetoric of their leadership doesn't help their image though.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can add to this talk of "Will ISIS make it to Europe" is a picture I saw a few days ago.

Also to the mod that likes to claim "It's a MEME!!11! Bahn him for speaking against my viewpoint!"

No. It's not. It's relevant to this discussion. Ban and I'll contest as I always do. Life moves on.

yea until you do something that for a western is absolutely normal and the religion police show up, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basij, i don't consider any country with a religion police safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    yea until you do something that for a western is absolutely normal and the religion police show up, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basij, i don't consider any country with a religion police safe.
    The Basij is a paramilitary force that is only used during times of internal political turmoil. It's not like the "religious police" that Saudi Arabia has (the Mutaween) at all. As long as you obey their laws, Iran is a completely safe country. If you're not smart enough to obey their laws when in THEIR country, then that is your fault and not reflective of Iran's safety. After all, just because you'll get arrested in Germany for wearing Nazi memorabilia doesn't mean it's not a relatively safe country.

The Basij is a paramilitary force that is only used during times of internal political turmoil. It's not like the "religious police" that Saudi Arabia has (the Mutaween) at all. As long as you obey their laws, Iran is a completely safe country. If you're not smart enough to obey their laws when in THEIR country, then that is your fault and not reflective of Iran's safety. After all, just because you'll get arrested in Germany for wearing Nazi memorabilia doesn't mean it's not a relatively safe country.
    sure they aren't a religious police
    In their capacity of maintaining law and order, Basiji act as "morality police" in towns and cities by "enforcing the wearing of the hijab; arresting women for violating the dress code; prohibiting male-female fraternization; monitoring citizens' activities; confiscating satellite dishes and 'obscene' material; intelligence gathering; and even harassing government critics and intellectuals. Basij volunteers also act as bailiffs for local courts."
    at last in Germany i don't get arrested for fraternizing with a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Surprisingly? I hope you stopped watching your media since then.

Well this can't be good.

"Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners last month, and western intelligence agencies recently issued a warning that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks across North Africa." http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...ttacks-on-911/

The state-owned Libyan Airlines fleet until this summer included 14 passenger and cargo jetliners, including seven Airbus 320s, one Airbus 330, two French ATR-42 turboprop aircraft, and four Bombardier CJR-900s. Libyan state-owned Afriqiyah Airways fleet is made up of 13 aircraft, including three Airbus 319s, seven Airbus 320s, two Airbus 330s, and one Airbus 340.

The aircraft were reportedly taken in late August following the takeover of Tripoli International Airport, located about 20 miles south of the capital, by Libyan Dawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Well this can't be good.

"Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners last month, and western intelligence agencies recently issued a warning that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks across North Africa." http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...ttacks-on-911/

The state-owned Libyan Airlines fleet until this summer included 14 passenger and cargo jetliners, including seven Airbus 320s, one Airbus 330, two French ATR-42 turboprop aircraft, and four Bombardier CJR-900s. Libyan state-owned Afriqiyah Airways fleet is made up of 13 aircraft, including three Airbus 319s, seven Airbus 320s, two Airbus 330s, and one Airbus 340.

The aircraft were reportedly taken in late August following the takeover of Tripoli International Airport, located about 20 miles south of the capital, by Libyan Dawn.
    Libya is the access to Europe for all immigrants. Another job well done by western powers to weaken European borders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Surprisingly? I hope you stopped watching your media since then.
    It's always a surprise when people from a very different part of the world have extremely similar cultures to the one in your home country. I'd feel the same with people from Bangladesh or Romania or Guyana or whatever. When I first started meeting Persian immigrants, I knew absolutely nothing about Iran whatsoever, so it had nothing to do with "media."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You're from Rotherham, and know about the IRA, so should we nuke Ireland? What about all the other Catholics around Europe? The world? They are clearly part of a religion that wants to kill everybody, aren't they? They had extremists fighting in the name of their religion after all.

Should we nuke the protestants as well, due to the UVF? Not sure that would go down too well, as we'd be nuking ourselves.

Have you gone out and killed every last one of the IRA/UVF? They are/were on your doorstep, so presumably you can regale with your tales of derring do against the religious extremists.
    Well for one the IRA has never bothered me so got nothing against them,plus my familys technically Irish so would be like pissing on my own doorstep. But yeah i think we should nuke this planet tbh with you and let it start over again,all people ever want to do is fight and kill other people for no reason at all,or this shitty made up reason called "religion". We should be in space by now travelling to other planets and searching for life,but no we are still here wrecking the planet and fighting like 3 year olds all the time because "GOD" told us to do it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Well for one the IRA has never bothered me so got nothing against them,plus my familys technically Irish so would be like pissing on my own doorstep. But yeah i think we should nuke this planet tbh with you and let it start over again,all people ever want to do is fight and kill other people for no reason at all,or this shitty made up reason called "religion". We should be in space by now travelling to other planets and searching for life,but no we are still here wrecking the planet and fighting like 3 year olds all the time because "GOD" told us to do it...
    If you think religion is the actual reason for wars, then we'll have to disagree.

Religion is a tool.

If that didn't exist, something else, equally potent would.

It's always a surprise when people from a very different part of the world have extremely similar cultures to the one in your home country. I'd feel the same with people from Bangladesh or Romania or Guyana or whatever. When I first started meeting Persian immigrants, I knew absolutely nothing about Iran whatsoever, so it had nothing to do with "media."
    I am interested in what was shockingly similar. Care to give some examples? I know Iranian culture very well, can't say same for Americans.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...-west-29029954

A Twitter account under the name Umm Layth, believed to be Ms Mahmood, said: "Follow the examples of your brothers from Woolwich, Texas and Boston.

"If you cannot make it to the battlefield then bring the battlefield to yourself."

The post was made on the Twitter account in June. The account has now been deactivated.
    They are already in Europe.