What happen when a season ends?

Wasn't able to *read* about it anywhere, but heard in a video or 2 that your progression/gear/paragons would "pass on" when the season ends... how so? Your toon becomes a fully playable one, or the stuff can be added onto another character?

--
    Oh I found it, gonna answer myself:
    "Seasonal characters will take up one of the regular 12 or 15 character slots and will remain in this slot after the end of a season, simply having their Season status removed."
    Last edited by DiGG; 2014-08-26 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it's the same thing that happened in Diablo 2. Your character became non-ladder, and you could play with the non-ladder people now, but with a slight advantage with the ladder-only gear. the only difference is, in Diablo 3, that gear won't be able to be traded since it will all be BOA.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming that paragon gets added to your account and remains even if you delete a character? If I play a crusader every season I don't want to have 10 of them on my account. I'd rather delete them when their benefit is paid forward.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm assuming that paragon gets added to your account and remains even if you delete a character? If I play a crusader every season I don't want to have 10 of them on my account. I'd rather delete them when their benefit is paid forward.
    Pretty sure that is what the plan is. My only question is how the banked items will merge, have a feeling it's going to be messy at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Pretty sure that is what the plan is. My only question is how the banked items will merge, have a feeling it's going to be messy at first.
    Oh I know this one. They are mailing the items using the same system they give you CE items and stuff. So if your bank is full of items, you will get one thousand mail items to open. I'm not joking, this is what they are doing.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh I know this one. They are mailing the items using the same system they give you CE items and stuff. So if your bank is full of items, you will get one thousand mail items to open. I'm not joking, this is what they are doing.
    The same mail system that mails you a new pair of every CE item for every new character? Got my "mailbox" filled with damn wings/transmog stuff after making level 1 barbarians to salvage their gear back when that material was a pain to get, so I don't want to imagine actually having to OPEN that much mail.
    And I wish they'd just give us more character slots, I really don't see why they're forcing us to delete old characters if we want to make new ones once we reach the character limit. What's the problem with having idk, 50 slots like the max slots on WoW? I can't imagine it taking that much storage space.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    The same mail system that mails you a new pair of every CE item for every new character?
    Yup. I was reading a blue post the other day. I'll try to find the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    What's the problem with having idk, 50 slots like the max slots on WoW? I can't imagine it taking that much storage space.
    Without knowing their database structure for D3, I wouldn't even begin to understand why. I do know that with the random nature of the items that item storage can take up more space than an MMO, but WoW is about to release randomized items next expansion so it still doesn't quite make sense. I'm no server architect nor a programmer, so I can't comment specifically. I trust there's more to it than arbitrary reasons otherwise they would be selling character slots already. Maybe that's in the future...I hope not though. I'll delete seasonals until the cow comes home before I would pay for a character slot in an ARPG that isn't free.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, here it is:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shared Stash: Items in your Seasonal heroes’ shared stash will be mailed to your Normal/Hardcore non-Seasonal profile. These items can be retrieved by entering a game on any non-Seasonal hero and clicking on the mail icon located in the lower left of your screen.
    And actually, this post is good for this thread in general: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13733483374
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know how to make a season character? The little tick box to make one on the character creation page isn't showing up for me
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Seasons won't unlock until Friday, just in case some issues arise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh okay, well that's helpful, thanks Nerraw
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Ohh okay, well that's helpful, thanks Nerraw
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...35855?page=1#1

this one include the dates for your region:P