Deleted

Battleground idea: Deathmatch Mode

Deathmatch Mode

This mode is unavailable for rated battlegrounds.

When queuing for non rated battleground you can tick a box saying Deathmatch Mode.

In Deathmatch Mode there are no objectives. There is only a fixed amount of reinforcement points, a different one depending on the size of the battleground. When one team runs out of reinforcements the match ends.

*Since not all battlegrounds can support this playstyle, minor changes will have to be made.
    -Strand of the Ancients will have all gates permanently opened.
    -Alterac Valley will have all npcs removed and flags removed.
    -Isle of Conquest will have all siege equipment removed and all flags removed. Gates will no longer exist.
    -Silvershard Mines no longer has carts
    -Deepwind Gorge no longer has carts or flags.
    -Arathi Basin no longer has flags.
    -Warsong Gulch no longer has flags.
    -Temple of Kotmogu no longer has orbs.

*In order to avoid situations such as graveyard camping in a Deathmatch Mode, whenever one team loses 33% of remaining reinforcement points the match stops, just like in SOTA, and all players on the map are relocated to their respective starting zones. These resets are necessary so one team isn't farmed at their graveyard, which thoroughly defeats the purpose of a Deathmatch Mode.
    Last edited by mmoc877584f10c; 2014-08-26 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... Not a good idea in my opinion. Go world pvp, it's the same thing except with flying mounts (plenty of ways to kill mounted players if you know how) and without reinforcement points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    No... Not a good idea in my opinion. Go world pvp, it's the same thing except with flying mounts (plenty of ways to kill mounted players if you know how) and without reinforcement points.
    Too few and far in between targets, too many noobs. Low odds for mass fights.

Deleted
    There will be a 100vs100 deathmatch style BG during WoW's 10th anniversary called Tarren Mill vs Southshore, so that's something to look forward too

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea. They just need to add spawn points to prevent graveyard camping. However if a match ends up as graveyard camping, it will likely end fast anyway since the victim team runs out of reinforcements fast.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    I don't think copies of already existing BGs with death match mode would work.
    Maybe some entirely new BGs made similar to arenas only bigger in size.
    Still not sure if this is a good idea. I think in large battles with no objectives casters would dominate fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post

*In order to avoid situations such as graveyard camping in a Deathmatch Mode, whenever one team loses 33% of remaining reinforcement points the match stops, just like in SOTA, and all players on the map are relocated to their respective starting zones. These resets are necessary so one team isn't farmed at their graveyard, which thoroughly defeats the purpose of a Deathmatch Mode.
    This won't solve anything. If your team is bad enough to get camped, you'll just end up getting camped again after the reset. All this does is delay the inevitable.

MMO's are just bad for deathmatch in general. If one team has too many healers or people that are afraid to die, the games will be very long unless there is some kind of timer. Most games will probably just end up exhausting the timer unless one team completely dominates the other.

Fights would also just end up being zerg vs zerg, and the zerg that wins the first battle is likely to win the rest of the game. Only 10% of the map will be used too. It sounds fun as an idea, but once you think about what people will do to abuse the system, it doesn't work.

My idea would be to make a new 15v15 battleground that's a little bigger than the size of a standard arena. Everyone has one life and the team with the most people left standing at the end of the timer, wins the round. The team with 3 round victories, will be the overall winner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    My idea would be to make a new 15v15 battleground that's a little bigger than the size of a standard arena. Everyone has one life and the team with the most people left standing at the end of the timer, wins the round. The team with 3 round victories, will be the overall winner.
    I play Chivalry from time to time, which pretty much has this game mode, and it gives you a lot of downtime. Imagine being a healer, focussed down in the first minute and then you'd have to wait 5 minutes for the next battle to begin.

But the reset you get from having rounds is a great idea. Chivalry (and a lot of other FPS games) have a deathmatch mode where you have a ton of spawn nodes, and the team with the most kills wins the match.
    Warlock (SL main)