Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Psh, I dont know what all these peons are complaining about. First class is best class, so unless you're a giant like Reeve, one can still reclien and the person behind has leg room!

but in all seriousness, the guy was a jerk and Im glad he was thrown off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dekudude View Post
    Man, flying sounds horrible. I have taken the train the few times I have gone to Blizzcon and the food trays on those seats move independently from the person's reclining habits. Very comfy seats, but hard to get to sleep in.
    Flying is fine if you're on a transcontinental flight (which tend to give more space and better services) or if you get economy plus. And domestic flights are so short it hardly matters. I can deal with pain and discomfort for 3 hours to get to California 30 hours faster than a train.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by dekudude View Post
    Man, flying sounds horrible. I have taken the train the few times I have gone to Blizzcon and the food trays on those seats move independently from the person's reclining habits. Very comfy seats, but hard to get to sleep in.
    Flying is terrible because everyone around you is an asshole. Doubly so if you're on an international flight that takes more than 10 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Flying is terrible because everyone around you is an asshole. Doubly so if you're on an international flight that takes more than 10 hours.
    Meh, they aren't ass holes...just really far outside of their normal comfort zone, and stressed to the max because of it.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if anything long flights are easier with fewer assholes. You usually get more space, better beverage service, better meals, and a far FAR better entertainment system. Plus it's usually a bit easier to sleep on board. I do lots of 18+ hour flights.

Deleted
    I hate flying.

Last time i had a little fucker booting my seat from behind, he wouldn't stop, his mother wouldn't intervene either.

The temptation to throw him off the plane was overpowering.

Give me a fucking cage to put over my seat and i'd be happy enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a 1st-World problem, complete with sparklers and a "Congrats on your wealth!" sticker.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think if anything long flights are easier with fewer assholes. You usually get more space, better beverage service, better meals, and a far FAR better entertainment system. Plus it's usually a bit easier to sleep on board. I do lots of 18+ hour flights.
    The problem I always run into on my long flights is that everyone is allowed 1 piece of carry on luggage, but there is not enough room in the overheard compartments for everyone to bring one. It often happens that I reach my seat just to find out that my assigned overheard luggage compartment is already filled because someone else ran out of room. Then it becomes my turn to either steal a spot or go around asking nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Last time i had a little fucker booting my seat from behind, he wouldn't stop, his mother wouldn't intervene either.
    If your flight has an entertainment system, then it's just like being in a real movie theater: the whole time you're watching the movie, a little kid is kicking your seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The problem I always run into on my long flights is that everyone is allowed 1 piece of carry on luggage, but there is not enough room in the overheard compartments for everyone to bring one. It often happens that I reach my seat just to find out that my assigned overheard luggage compartment is already filled because someone else ran out of room. Then it becomes my turn to either steal a spot or go around asking nicely.
    Why carry on a big bag? I never felt the need to carry any luggage on the plane. What types of things are in there?

You can blame the airlines for that. by charging an ass load for checked bags that have encouraged people to pack as much as they can into carry on bags. Some of the Roll-aboards I see are huge and in no way "carry on."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Why carry on a big bag? I never felt the need to carry any luggage on the plane. What types of things are in there?
    Things that you need to pack, but things that you don't want to pay $200 to check.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not specific to international travel. Steal a spot. Overhead bins is a cutthroat business, and no place for pansies! Honestly though, I do wish planes would either start getting designed with more overhead bin space, or people would stop taking giant fucking suitcases as carry-ons. It'd also be nice if people learned how to load stuff into the overhead bins properly to conserve space. I always check my baggage and just take on one briefcase for my carryon. Yeah, you gotta wait for your bag on the other end, but it means you can carry more stuff and you don't have to roll that crap all over the airport, which is nice. If I were a weekly traveler, I'd start carrying everything in a small roll-aboard probably, but that's not something you need to be doing for transcontinental travel.

I never notice people reclining infront of me on planes to change things that much and I'm 6 foot. I always feel like the recline is really the seat sliding forward more that actually going back into the person behinds space. The top portion does but not really the bottom portion.

OT: I hope the person using the knee defender was reclining too. Also wouldn't this block the pathway of passengers sitting next to you and be an emergency hindrance?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not specific to international travel. Steal a spot. Overhead bins is a cutthroat business, and no place for pansies! Honestly though, I do wish planes would either start getting designed with more overhead bin space, or people would stop taking giant fucking suitcases as carry-ons. It'd also be nice if people learned how to load stuff into the overhead bins properly to conserve space. I always check my baggage and just take on one briefcase for my carryon. Yeah, you gotta wait for your bag on the other end, but it means you can carry more stuff and you don't have to roll that crap all over the airport, which is nice. If I were a weekly traveler, I'd start carrying everything in a small roll-aboard probably, but that's not something you need to be doing for transcontinental travel.
    FUnny story, coming back from DC my dad and I had already got our stuff in overhead bimns. A guy next to us though couldnt find enough space. My dad went 'Hmm, well if we move this aorund, and this there" and through the magic of being a master tetris player and spacial awareness extraordinaire, he made every bag fit! Much clapping was heard!

I'd be complaining to a flight attendant immediately. If you want more space, buy a first class seat, don't try to steal mine.

The way I see it, if you paid for the seat you paid for the reclining functionality too. It sucks to be the guy behind a reclining seat if it's cramped, but I suppose that's where you're supposed to buy a more expensive ticket.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I fly a lot.
    If someone behind me was using one of these I'd complain instantly. Flying is uncomfortable as is, not about to sacrifice space I paid for.

It's unfortunate if you're a tall person, but if you want to be guaranteed your space as a big person, buy a first class ticket.

Although I must say, I definitely would un-recline my seat if the person behind me was tall and asked nicely for me to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    FUnny story, coming back from DC my dad and I had already got our stuff in overhead bimns. A guy next to us though couldnt find enough space. My dad went 'Hmm, well if we move this aorund, and this there" and through the magic of being a master tetris player and spacial awareness extraordinaire, he made every bag fit! Much clapping was heard!
    Heh yup, I'll totally play bin tetris. I also try to help people with their bags when it looks like they're struggling. I always have to remind myself that these bins aren't at shoulder level with most people and lifting a 30 lbs. bag over your head isn't that easy for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You can blame the airlines for that. by charging an ass load for checked bags that have encouraged people to pack as much as they can into carry on bags. Some of the Roll-aboards I see are huge and in no way "carry on."

- - - Updated - - -

Things that you need to pack, but things that you don't want to pay $200 to check.
    200 dollars? Like what? How is that considered carry-on? O.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    200 dollars? Like what? How is that considered carry-on? O.O
    He's exaggerating a bit, but I did have an airline tell me the other day that because my bag was 55 lbs, not 50, I'd have to pay $130 on top of the $35 I'd already paid to check the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh yup, I'll totally play bin tetris. I also try to help people with their bags when it looks like they're struggling. I always have to remind myself that these bins aren't at shoulder level with most people and lifting a 30 lbs. bag over your head isn't that easy for a lot of people.
    Being 5'1, I sem to automatically get help cause I have to stand on the seats to reach my overhead bin. Kinda embarassing, so thanks in advance!

I think my pet peeve would be people in ajoining seats taking up more room than they should. Im not even talking about obese people, but people that slouch over and stuff like that.