Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    She paid for a service, he restricted her use of that service, which he shouldn't have done and was rightfully ordered to cease. She threw a glass of water over him, which she shouldn't have done.

Both were rightfully ejected from the plane, and his inconsideratation for other passengers' is primarily at fault.
    Devil's advocate, I paid for a service to fly in an airline and not have my knees destroyed, someone restricted my use of that service and was wrongfully ordered to cease, then got water thrown on me.

Really this is an issue of airline companies pushing higher ticket prices and smaller passenger seating to make the maximum amount of profit out of one airline flight. It's essentially highway robbery to say that I should pay 70$ more just so my knees don't get destroyed by an inconsiderate prick infront of me.

People need knees to walk, people do not need to recline in an aircraft. ./thread
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    People need knees to walk, people do not need to recline in an aircraft. ./thread
    In a situation like this, I would attempt to recline immediately for the simple reason that the person using the knee defender didn't have the decency to just ask nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

If you are hurting my knees, gonna have to stop you. My family has a history of bad knees and I'd like mine to last past age 60 tyvm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by abcchef View Post
    If you are hurting my knees, gonna have to stop you. My family has a history of bad knees and I'd like mine to last past age 60 tyvm.
    pay for a seat with more room then. Why should someone else compromise for your comfort when you wont?

Deleted
    If you can't fit in an airplane seat while the seat in front of you is reclined, then you don't belong on an airplane. I'm tall and have somewhat long legs, I don't fit in all kinds of seats - all buses, for example - without it getting excruciating after a while, so I make sure not to get on a bus unless I absolutely have to. I've flown Finnair, and amazingly enough they've got more room on the planes than bus seats do. Still, I know it won't be fun and choose to get on a plane accordingly.

If the seats - be they on a plane, bus or a train - are made to recline, then they're supposed to be used for that purpose. If you can't handle that simple fact then don't get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    In a situation like this, I would attempt to recline immediately for the simple reason that the person using the knee defender didn't have the decency to just ask nicely.
    I don't know that short people will every really understand the plight of taller people on airlines. The problem is normally not just that the person reclines, most of my knee bashings happens about 20 secs after take off, people seem to love to drop the seat backs while the plane is at an incline, which means it's a fairly hard smack to the knees when that seat flies back. I'll be generous and say that 50% of the people will not recline if you ask, but has this forum shows, some people believe it's their God given right to throw that seat all the way back.

The person in front has a right to recline their seat - they payed for it. If you can't take it, either don't fly, pick your seat early (first row), or cough up the extra cash for first class.
    This is the more standard attitude I see. "It's my right to make someone else's flight miserable". It's even funnier when it's the short people who feel they need to recline the seat back like it's a bed for them. I guess I could argue that I paid for room for my legs so I'll just kick the seat in front of me. Being petty and making someone suffer is a two way street.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2014-08-28 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    This is the more standard attitude I see. "It's my right to make someone else's flight miserable". It's even funnier when it's the short people who feel they need to recline the seat back like it's a bed for them. I guess I could argue that I paid for room for my legs so I'll just kick the seat in front of me. Being petty and making someone suffer is a two way street.
    That's crap. It's the airline that made your flight miserable, and you, when you didn't buy an economy plus ticket. If you disallow them from reclining their seat, you're making their flight miserable.

The bottom line is that it's a totally reasonable and expected part of flying that a person is going to recline their chair. Is it unpleasant for me as a 6'5" man? Yes. Do I hold a grudge against those who do it? No.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    I hate when people ask you to not recline. I frequently fly between South America and Europe, and one time I was on a plane from CCS to Frankfurt -that's a 9 hour flight- and some guy expected me to never recline because i'm a petite person.

I was like, f-you. I'm not getting sandwiched here, this is a 9 hour flight, get a business seat next time.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Everyone is suffering on that plane. Your problems are not the responsibility of others.
    The real /thread.

Seriously. I'll recline if I feel like it. It's of no concern to me what the people in front of me or behind me are doing or feeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

The fact that I'm short doesn't mean that my flight is more comfortable. Specially if I have a guy with his seat reclined all the way with his head against my chest and the guy behind me is having his knees to my back because he doesn't want me to recline while he has his seat reclined all the way. (happened to me on that last 9-hour flight I took).

If you are so tall you don't fit in your seat then get a bigger seat. But don't expect the person in front of you to get sandwiched and unable to recline because god forbid your flight is uncomfortable!

Ban recycling seats instead?
    Or force airline companies to improve leg room.