Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    By that logic you can say that the current live warlock iteration should be untouched as nerfing it will make it less fun, since we won't be able to stomp everyone into dirt on the meters with our insane power.

Having weaknesses is not fun, but it is also healthy for the game, no spec should be omnipotent, even if it means slightly less fun to the spec in question.

What I say is that this whole thread is a joke, since "maybe there is an issue" is being turned into a definite "sky is falling" here. I personally see nothing we can't deal with with smarter play, such as not moving when you don't have to and preparing well for the moment when you will have to, just like we had to do for 3 Expansion before.
    no i don't think you've prober read what he wrote.. he said nerfing us is fine, as the current situation isn't a viable solution.. the complaint is regarding how this nerf is done..

and right now we're punished for movement.. and we'll be done more so in the new exp if things stay as they are now..

Is it right that we should be punished for movement, dps wise ?
    yes..
    the complaint is that our possibilities for actions we can do, while moving is laughable on beta atm..
    A spell like FF gave us "something" to do, a proc or anything else like other classes got would also be a viable solution imo..

Also you can't compare to 3 exp ago.. if we take a look at fights in both wrath and TBC, you might be punished movement.. but you also had ALOT less movement fights.. the amount of fights could stand still for the majority if not entire fights were quite a few in both exp..

Also why is it they are looking our way for reducing our Dmg/abilities while moving ? they wanted it to be a niche to dps while moving for the Melee classes..
    This is to deal with the fact that atm Ranged are prefered..
    first of does it require that this is done for melee to be viable? ain't it the fights that need a look at, instead of the classes, more fights being more melee friendly..
    or if this is needed, then why aren't they nerfing ALL movement dmg for all ranged.. not just locks, and shamans that gets hit hard..

the reason i complain about this, is i fear that we'll be looking at a situation like back in TBC/Wrath.. with some movement heavy fights that'll be melee friendly (funny part is these fights often involved the Melee NOT having to move)
    and some fights that'll be ranged friendly.. meaning we can pretty much stand still and nuke.. which imo makes for boring game play...

I DO NOT want us to be overpowered... i hate atm that if i preform really good on a fight, that the respons is just "ah well, warlocks are also OP" ..
    i like working for being on top of charts..
    What i do not like is boring game play.. i hate situation with nothing to cast.. which is plentyfull now with destro on movement and aff since the dot snapshot pretty much was what kept us busy on single target..

can't compare to the past when the game have evolved since then..every single fight in SoO have more mechanics than most fights in TBC / Wrath.. (and more movement)

and even if we look past that, you can't compare how fun something was or how it feels, with a time where we didn't have anything to cast while moving, since now we've had it.. so now we have Something to miss which other options for classes got.. (which alot of them also didn't have at the time)
    heck back in TBC it was pretty much just spamming shadow bolt, if we went back to that now we'd be bored out of our skull..

but This is all just ofc my openion..

By that logic you can say that the current live warlock iteration should be untouched as nerfing it will make it less fun, since we won't be able to stomp everyone into dirt on the meters with our insane power.

Having weaknesses is not fun, but it is also healthy for the game, no spec should be omnipotent, even if it means slightly less fun to the spec in question.

What I say is that this whole thread is a joke, since "maybe there is an issue" is being turned into a definite "sky is falling" here. I personally see nothing we can't deal with with smarter play, such as not moving when you don't have to and preparing well for the moment when you will have to, just like we had to do for 3 Expansion before.
    Assuming you "prepare well" for the moment you have to move you are only ever going to have 2 conflags. Nobody here is saying that warlocks are bad...we are saying that removing all movement from a class is silly and poor design. Look at Shadowpriests and Moonkins over the years, they are notorious for being 2 of the most immobile classes and they are punished for it.

So basically the issue is that we don't have to kill ourselves while moving around anymore?

OK...

How about you wait for the actual results of balancing before spreading doom and gloom then? Everybody screams here that the sky is falling and now apparently all the issue is that "we might not be OP enough to balance out our intended mobility weakness". Somehow you all establish facts before anything even happened and make a huge imaginary issue out of it.
    Balancing has nothing to do with it unless they are going to "balance" a spell to be cast while moving. We aren't asking for KJC...we are asking for ANYTHING. Look at Fel Flames damage, hint: It's shit. We don't want it to do huge damage...we want it so we can do SOMETHING. If you have done ANY beta testing you know how there are a LOT of high movement fights coming up in this first tier and this will really hurt destruction more than any other warlock spec. Aff and Demo still have things they can do while moving (refresh dots, touch of chaos, etc) but destro just doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is turreting necessarily bad gameplay? Why is..mobile casting all of the sudden != "this is innovative! Derp!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Why is turreting necessarily bad gameplay? Why is..mobile casting all of the sudden != "this is innovative! Derp!"
    It gives them more leeway when designing a fight and gives us a more fun encounter. There is nothing fun about sitting still for 3-8 minutes and just having a few people do mechanics. Fights like Twin Germans or whatever they are called in WoD require the ability to cast and move which means that if we can't do ANYTHING while moving we are going to have destro as a dead spec for the start of an expansion again. Just based off your history of posts claiming that because you are a "casual raider" and therefore you don't maximize dps on the move I don't expect you to understand but there are cases where you have to move in EVERY encounter and if you don't have anything to cast while on the move it is just poor design. Fel Flame doesn't hit hard and is a huge dps loss but it at least gives us something to do on the move...not much...but something.

Im finding that the most common complaint across ALL class forums is that the majority of classes and specs in WoD are fucking boring as shit to play. If this holds true, Blizzard is in for a serious wake up call when shit hits the fan and nobody wants to play the game anymore because its so mind numbingly boring.

I get clearing ability bloat and I hate the phrase "dumbing down", but man there is just no other way to describe the class changes in WoD. You can be top dps if you have a fucking pulse.

With the simplified, pruned class abilities and the involved, in depth garrison building and maintenance I feel like Blizz forgot this is an MMO.

I want a lot of abilities to interact with the world and players around me.

I don't want to stare at work order spread sheets as if I were playing Sim City.

Kinda sad with they did to warlocks :'(. I am not really the kind of player to switch mains, i have been playing my warlock since 2006 and never had another main so i will keep playing warlock . I hope things will get better in future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Im finding that the most common complaint across ALL class forums is that the majority of classes and specs in WoD are fucking boring as shit to play. If this holds true, Blizzard is in for a serious wake up call when shit hits the fan and nobody wants to play the game anymore because its so mind numbingly boring.
    If you read the series of Ghostcrawler tweets (or LoL posts? forget) that MMOC had homepaged a couple weeks back, I got the feeling that he might think the same thing. Ability and rotational pruning really feels like it was just their spin on dumbing down the game in the name of broader accessibility. I'm not sure they plan to appeal to their base this xpak unless they start seeing a decline in the associated subs. Better to focus on bringing in a larger audience in their minds.

Who knows though. Maybe 6.1 will roll around, and we will see some massive changes. The Diablo 3 team finally seems to have figured out, so there's some precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatebreedd View Post
    Kinda sad with they did to warlocks :'(. I am not really the kind of player to switch mains, i have been playing my warlock since 2006 and never had another main so i will keep playing warlock . I hope things will get better in future patches.
    Warlocks are still a viable class. They did gut certain parts of it but overall the class isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    Want them to get exactly that. They need to commit big mistakes to peg them down a notch or two. There's a huge difference between nerfing and making a class unfun. This whole Clash of Clans and Farmville thing going on is so stupid and it's draining all their resources and you can just feel that with the lack of balancing they are doing for all classes.

The latest warlock dev replies are all about "balance" yet they completely miss how to balance melee vs casters. It's ironic and hypocritical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Not only are Warlocks much less fun but quite a bit of what I've done in Beta is less fun.

I'm concerned because when the Devs hear this they seem to NOT be concerned.

Player-"I don't like this"

Celestalon-"Yes you do."
    Fix'd it for you : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Nope not fun by a long shot.

I leveled one to 96, one to 94 and played around quite a bit on the 100 level premade. Demo is about the most mobile and somewhat fun, but the other two are just slow and boring as hell. Destro is back to its hard-casting and embers take ages to build up. Hell they even have a talent to speed that up. Affliction is just the most boring spec now. With no dot snapshotting and maleficent grasp having gone, it's down to using your Dark soul intelligently, cataclysm on cool down, 3 dots and drain soul. It might feel better in multi-mob situations, but demo does that decently well to and has a fun median in switching from demon form etc.

The only fun thing is having an abyssal/doomguard as a perm. pet. I am going to pickup my fire mage. Not only does that spec feel far more lively, depending on the talent spread at 100, gameplay changes nicely and it's a lot more fun. I love what they have done with that class.

PS. My answer is purely in relation to having fun with the class. I have mained a warlock since the start and i finally feel they are now boring. My mage which has always been my alt, is now going to be my main. This does not however mean that warlocks will be useless. Far from it, the class has always traditionally scaled well and will do so even in this xpac.
    Last edited by justjm; 2014-09-02 at 09:34 AM.

Have they done a PvP pass yet? Destro just cannot keep up with the raw volume of interrupts and short stuns that remain in the game. Aff and demo have negative sustainability. Aff has no way of dealing with totems, and struggles at basic PvP tasks like interrupting flag caps. Demo is, as always, hamstrung by having a pet made of paper that moves at a snail's pace. Fear is nerfed, but every class still has 3-4 fear-breakers. No baseline howl sucks.

Oh and gateway still despawns if you move 105 yards away from it in the world (including ashran).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    It was all planed, so what the class brings now is a 40 yard gateway once every 90sec for every one in the raid (up from being limited to 5 charges). Blizzard feel that this change is enough raid/party utility.

So safe to say it again: "Bring the player not the class!"
    I say, remove the god damn gateway. I'm sick and tired of it being claimed to be useful, it's horrible on live and it's way worse in WoD. At least if they removed it they wouldn't be able to say "hey at least you still have that gateway ability you really hate".

Deleted
    I must admit, while being a HC raider for quite awhile, and a raider in general for 10 years, I never really used Fel Flame.
    I bound it to an awkward keybind and used it only in Demo spec as laser pew pew. (Durumu/Lei Shen HC) Or on Thok during shouts. It never did the thing I wanted the right way. Too few damage for too much mana.
    Iam definitly no PVP Hero and understand the desire to get totems killed fast, but pve wise we will be fine without (but I will miss my laser). This spoken of the perspective of a affl/demo player. I progressed a few bosses in SoO as Destro and it was quite fun to get some big numbers, but i will not really shed a tear that Destro is not the spec to go in T17.
    That sayed, Warlock will be a lot easyer to be learned, more boring to master (cuz there will not be that much) and in some situations less playable (while moving, "destroing", pvping). But Style > all ... so Warlock > all... and this for the better of 10 years playing WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc1e3ad4c34b; 2014-09-02 at 01:59 PM.

Fel flame used to renew (expand) dots back then. I think now it's kinda believable because of KJC, but if you've been raiding 10 years (assuming as a warlock), there's no way I'd buy it -____________-'.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to level mine, but that is about it. I am playing a premade right now and with that gear it absolutely blows chunks. Cast times are just way to long, I think the regen of ember in destro seem to be a bit better, but that might be an illusion. I have always enjoy enjoyed both my lock and hunter and they now both seem the same in some regards. I think the only thing is mend pet.

Quote Originally Posted by jayesh View Post
    Affliction is just the most boring spec now. With no dot snapshotting and maleficent grasp having gone, it's down to using your Dark soul intelligently, cataclysm on cool down, 3 dots and drain soul.
    What is Afflictions execute now? I am not seeing a modifier for <20% health on Drain Soul tooltip. Is there one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Boring seems to be the name of the game for just about every spec and class in WoD. This problem isn't exclusive to Warlocks.
    ^This, they went overboard with the ability pruning. About the only spec I found 'fun' was fire mage. Only because it feels stronger than it did in MoP, at least while leveling up. Might actually dust off my mage which I haven't played since 4.3.

I played the Warlock from 90-93 and I was pretty bored, tried all specs and new talents. I found affliction to be slightly less boring, only because you have maintain dots. I think the most boring spec of any class that I have tried has to be MM hunters. There's something like 3 buttons to hit and you have to stand still to gain the new buff. It's pretty damn dull.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

ALL classes have fewer buttons and feel slower and "boring" right now. It's not exclusive to warlocks.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!